Quantcast Cars land

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cars land

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cars land

After experiencing the CARS ride at Disneyland via You-Tube, I thought how wonderful that ride would be at one of the parks at WDW. I would like to see it replace the Indiana Jones Stunt Show or the Backlot Tour at Hollywood Studios. Thoughts, anyone?

1983-1992 Off Property
    1993-1995 Disney Drought
    1996 Grovenor (Downtown Disney)
    1997 Polynesian(Summer) and All Star Sports (Christmas)
    1998 Off property with my HS Band (I was the Band Director)
    1998 P.O. Riverside with my family
    1999 Off property and P.O. Riverside (Summer and Christmas)
    2000 P.O. Riverside
    2001 P.O. Riverside
    2002 Off property with the Band
    2003 P.O. Riverside
    2004 P.O. Riverside
    2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2006 Off property with the Band
    2007 P.O. Riverside
    2008 P.O. Riverside
    2009 P.O. Riverside
    2010 P.O. Riverside
    2011-present Disney Drought
    Last edited by donnine; 08-25-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: added Disney history

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your idea. Let's replace the rest of the park too with the exception of TSM, RNR, and TOT.
    '91 Grand Floridian
    '01 Caribbean Beach
    '02 Grand Floridian
    '03 Coronado Springs
    '04 Dolphin / Grand Floridan
    '07 Caribbean Beach
    '07 Disneyland
    '09 Caribbean Beach
    '10 Caribbean Beach
    '11 Pop Century
    '12 Wilderness Lodge (January/February)
    '13 Off Site Rental Home
    '14 Off Site Condo

Post Thanks / Like

Not happening so don't get your hopes up... Star Wars is taking over Indy stunt show area... and RSR will not be coming to WDW...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

as awesome as it is. I would like to see something original not at any park. I love originals as it set's the parks apart. Mystic manor, journey to the centre of the earth etc.

Post Thanks / Like

As part of our Take It or Leave It segment 2 podcasts ago, I say 'leave it' on the duplicates. With the exception of a few classics, I like that there are unique offerings in each park.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Horned King View Post
    as awesome as it is. I would like to see something original not at any park. I love originals as it set's the parks apart. Mystic manor, journey to the centre of the earth etc.
    Side note: Journey to the Center of the Earth/Mysterious Island was this close to getting the green light for DAK...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Side note: Journey to the Center of the Earth/Mysterious Island was this close to getting the green light for DAK...
    Ahhhhhhh! What an incredible attraction/area. You are totally immersed. But honestly, it's one of the BIG things that makes DisneySea so incredible. I like the uniqueness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Ahhhhhhh! What an incredible attraction/area. You are totally immersed. But honestly, it's one of the BIG things that makes DisneySea so incredible. I like the uniqueness.

I don't know if Disney is about uniqueness in the domestic parks anymore... Star Wars is rumored to not be unique... I hope it is but won't hold my breath... I'm just glad TDO is not in charge of the project... We'd only get a DVC cart and Meet and Greet if they were...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear that RSR will not be coming to WDW. I don't think any part of Carsland should come to WDW, personally. It is so unique and fits in very well in California. A lot of kids really buy into the fact that it is THE Radiator Springs. That's pretty cool.

I welcome anything Star Wars at DHS at this point. Tear down the backlot tour, indiana jones stunt show, Muppets, Streets of America. ALL of that can go, IMO.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

As part of our Take It or Leave It segment 2 podcasts ago, I say 'leave it' on the duplicates. With the exception of a few classics, I like that there are unique offerings in each park.
    Yes, I know what you mean, however "Soarin' was a GREAT addition from California Adventure. I would like to see "Soarin over America"!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I'm glad to hear that RSR will not be coming to WDW. I don't think any part of Carsland should come to WDW, personally. It is so unique and fits in very well in California. A lot of kids really buy into the fact that it is THE Radiator Springs. That's pretty cool.
    The rumor for DHS was a Cars dark ride, nothing like RSR, and several aspects from DCA's Cars Land, like Flo's, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree... I don't think Luigi's would have made the cut...

Quote Originally Posted by donnine View Post
    Yes, I know what you mean, however "Soarin' was a GREAT addition from California Adventure. I would like to see "Soarin over America"!!
    Well honestly, Soarin over California really makes no sense in Florida, especially since you are in WDW and end the flight in Disneyland... But, you won't see Soarin over America... You'll see Soarin Over the World...

Post Thanks / Like

Well honestly, Soarin over California really makes no sense in Florida, especially since you are in WDW and end the flight in Disneyland... But, you won't see Soarin over America... You'll see Soarin Over the World...[/QUOTE]

Soarin over all Nations but mostly America
    "Those Who Stay Will Be Champions"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    The rumor for DHS was a Cars dark ride, nothing like RSR, and several aspects from DCA's Cars Land, like Flo's, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree... I don't think Luigi's would have made the cut...

Well honestly, Soarin over California really makes no sense in Florida, especially since you are in WDW and end the flight in Disneyland... But, you won't see Soarin over America... You'll see Soarin Over the World...
    It might not make sense, but it is the most popular attraction at EPCOT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donnine View Post
    It might not make sense, but it is the most popular attraction at EPCOT.
    Oh don't get me wrong, it is a good ride.... But flying over California in the middle of the Florida swamps makes no sense at all... But then again, neither will soarin over the world from the Florida swamps.. But I think soarin over the world will make much more sense in Epcot since the world showcase is across the lagoon... Make it digital, get rid of the film projection, and you have an even more world class attraction..

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you with one exception--I would LOVE it if they brought Crush's Coaster to an American Disney park. I only got to ride it once at Disneyland Paris (no Fastpass for this ride) and it was a total blast; I laughed the whole way through. I don't think it's a terribly complex ride, as the technology is the same as Primevil Whirl, just much, much better and smoother. So surely they could squeeze it in somewhere where I could ride it more often.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree that HS needs tons of things but what I don't agree with is eliminating things that still draw huge crowds, like Indy. Sure, alot of us have seen it many times, but there are great number of people who attend that have never seen it before. I defiantly support change but not elimination. NY street is dead, needs replaced. Drew Carey never was good. HS needs expanded and re-imagined, not simple removal and replacement.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: