Quantcast Episode 38 - A Porkstravaganza

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Episode 38 - A Porkstravaganza

The Cast: Ian, Melanie, Carol, Michael, Gary & John

- The singing starts early

- Celebrate the Magic - new night time show coming to Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World. *Magic Memories and You going away.

- Ian cries at Finding Nemo the Musical - NOT MY DAD!

- The INTERCOT 15 and other assorted stuff. *Buy INTERCOT’s single - the Yeti is Down on iTunes featuring Capn’ Tom.

- Halloween Merchandise showing up in the parks.

- The INTERCOT Countdown Timer & INTERCOT’s YouTube Channel. *We discuss video on the site.

- Splash Mountain leaving Extra Magic Hours

- Country Bears Shortening Show? *California Grill going down for lengthy rehab.

- The Be our Guest mess… advanced dining reservations. You’re a resort guest and can’t even eat at your own restaurant.

- Best of Resort Pool thanks to Tiggeria. Carol chooses the Polynesian. John recalls the pool back in the early days of Disney World, swimming in the 7 seas lagoon and the wave generator. Ian prefers Stormalong Bay. Mel goes with Corando Springs. Gary thinks the Wilderness Lodge is a good choice. Michael looks forward to the Monorail pool completion. John decides to go with the Contemporary circle pool for nostalgia reasons or any quiet pool at any resort.

- Enchanted Tales with Belle looks very cool. Ian is about 10 minutes behind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XFIz...23A7E41055A9F9

- Frost Fairy Perriwinle coming to Disney Parks. Gary thinks she’s hot.

- Phineas and Ferb & YOU: A Brand New Reality

- The Imagination Rainbow Tunnel - Mel and John share memories.

- Keep Moving Forward Epcot Segway Tour. *We suggest a level 200 class for those going for a second ride.

- Classic INTERCOT Podcast technical glitch. The deluge…

- Last Phase of Art of Animation Opening

- INTERCOT Fantasy Football League

- We salute Neil Armstrong - Prime - A Man on the Moon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CDG8JW/intercotcom

>> LISTEN, DOWNLOAD, LOVE, TELL A FRIEND, RINSE & REPEAT
    Last edited by John; 09-04-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Listening on my lunch!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

I can't recommend that book enough. Really great read, great history of the Apollo program. Even if that is Buzz on the cover (you can see Neil in the reflection of his visor). Buzz barely took any photos of Neil.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is Awesome!

I was hoping desperately that a new podcast would come out this week. DW and I are leaving from Detroit on Saturday to fly to Vegas. I will certainly be listening to this episode en route.
    I will also be re-listening to episode 36 to hear Michael's info on DLR and Cars Land. We are taking 2 days out from our Vagas trip to head to DL. Staying for 2 nights and going to spend a day at each park. First time at DL for both both of us. Can't wait! Now to just resist the urge to listen to the podcast before we are on the plane.
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Loved Mel's slip about the newest addition to the Icot15 attendee list. You could totally tell that it was a slip up. Made me laugh!!!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    Loved Mel's slip about the newest addition to the Icot15 attendee list. You could totally tell that it was a slip up. Made me laugh!!!
    It SO was! We (or rather Gary) were going to announce it, but I didn't mean to do it at all.

Buzz barely took any photos of Neil.
    Not surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    It SO was! We (or rather Gary) were going to announce it, but I didn't mean to do it at all.
    I think the funniest part was everyone's reactions to the slip. Great news, no matter how it came out.

And I am so excited the podcast came out an a day I could listen!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

You could totally tell by how you reacted! I snorted at my desk. Today the person over the cube wall asked me if i was listening to another podcast....like I have said before, they all think I'm nuts.

So happy Gary gets to join us all!

Favorite pool...I'm thinking after October it will be Stormalong Bay, but for now, it's any of the quiet pools in the POR. On more than one visit, I have been the only one in any one of those pools!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite pool is the Courtyard Pool at the Grand Floridian. It's basic, no bells and whistles, but it's so relaxing and friendly and you can see the fireworks from it at night-- plus the hot tub is right there for easy bouncing between pool and tub. It's certainly not going to be called "the best" by most people, but it's my favorite.

My first stay at WDW, Epcot was just being built, so it was MK and Lake Buena Vista (which later became Downtown Disney, and was quiet then but beautiful with fairy lights in all the trees). And River Country. Melanie, driving in back then, you would pass the Lake Buena Vista area first and I got so happy when I could spy the top of the Empress Lilly riverboat (now Fulton's) through the trees. I knew we were close. We drove by the Epcot construction on the way to the MK and loved all the billboards.

We stayed at the Contemporary because the Polynesian was booked, and after park hours the main entertainment was dinner shows (Top of the World, now California Grill, and the Poly luau) and Lake Buena Vista shopping and dining (the Empress Room). It was a different world, but just as impressive for my 12 year old eyes.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    We stayed at the Contemporary because the Polynesian was booked, and after park hours the main entertainment was dinner shows (Top of the World, now California Grill, and the Poly luau) and Lake Buena Vista shopping and dining (the Empress Room). It was a different world, but just as impressive for my 12 year old eyes.
    I'd still find it impressive now. Contemporary, Poly and the Castle make a really cool triangle.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    but for now, it's any of the quiet pools in the POR. On more than one visit, I have been the only one in any one of those pools!
    Those are nice pools! I think John mentioned the ones in the Bayou section, but I love the ones in the Mansions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    I'd still find it impressive now. Contemporary, Poly and the Castle make a really cool triangle.
    Oh, of course. The excitement never fades. I miss the old pre Downtown DIsney at that area, but everything else has only gotten better. The Seven Seas Lagoon area is still my favorite place to stay, probably due to my early fondness.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Those are nice pools! I think John mentioned the ones in the Bayou section, but I love the ones in the Mansions.
    My daughter has not thrown up at a mansions pool. Now that she's older I guess that won't be a concern for us. But, still, I thought we could go for a record.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    My daughter has not thrown up at a mansions pool. Now that she's older I guess that won't be a concern for us. But, still, I thought we could go for a record.
    LOL! Good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

She eventually learned to swim with her mouth closed.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Early on in the podcast you were talking about the Fantasyland Theater in DL. When I was a youth I used to dance there a bit. I believe it was originally Videopolis, a dance club to compete with other youth dance clubs including Studio K at Knott's Berry Farm.

I saw Samantha Fox perform there on Grad Night 1989. Now there's a Disney moment!

The last time I was there it was a big princessy show.meet 'n greet thingey.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite pool is a hard one for me.

My first instinct is to say Stormalong Bay. There is just so much to do there for the kids. When my son wasn't very brave with water slides, the kiddie pool with it's mini slides was very reassuring to him.

I also really love the water play area at AKL- Kidani. It is fantastic and the pool is very good too. Great theming. At the moderate level, I think I give a slight edge to POR.

My first trip to Disney was when I was 6. We drove from MA to FL in a big old panel side station wagon and stayed at a Ramada Inn with a huge pool. Only MK was there at the time. We had the old ticket books for the rides. I don't remember a lot of details but I vague remember riding the monorail in from the parking lot. I also remember the 20,000 Leagues under the Sea ride and the Haunted Mansion stuck with me for years.

We didn't come back until I was 16. I never stayed on site until I moved to FL and since them we almost never stay offsite.

Oh and for any of you who are missing having kids with you at MNSSFP, mine are available to rent.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS ARE ON THE BALL!!!

I was so excited to see this podcast was available!
    Way to go guys!!!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Once again I'm finding out about this a day late. I could really have used this on my first night back to work last night after being off for 17 days!

Seriously, thanks for the podcast.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

As usual - fantastic podcast! Probably one of my favorites - lots of WDW topics plus bantering.

Favorite Pool: I am one of the people that likes the Creepy Clown Pool at BW. That slide is so much fun! We also like the quiet pool in the DVC area. Nice and big and right next to the community center. Carol has me nervous because we are staying at BCV next trip and my kids love the pool slides. I didn't realize they would have to go all the way out of the pool area to get to it. We like to always have them in our line of sight...

The Belle meet and greet looks so cool! My daughter is at the perfect age for this. I am really really hoping that maybe we will get a soft opening preview of it.

Hooray for Gary going to the Meet! Now if only you guys would change the dates to a bit earlier in Oct....
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: