Quantcast Solo in September - Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Solo in September - Day 4

Tue, Sep 4
    FP+ 1 = Flight of Passage 9:25-10:25am
    FP+ 2 = Safari 10:25am-11:25am
    FP+ 3 = Dinosaur 11:25-12:25pm
    ADR = None

How am I at the halfway point already?!?

Lemme say, I was so exhausted after the previous day that I went to bed right at 11pm, and I know they did another round of Halloween fireworks after I went to bed, and they didn't wake me up!

Anyhow, today is AK day, first time this trip. Since my FOP FP wasn't until 9:25am I knew I didn't have to be there at opening. I mean, I was anyway, but by the time I was through bag check it was right around 8:55am.

I first went to Navi River Journey. Peaceful. But by the time I got in queue I was already a drippy, sweaty mess. What is it about AK that makes it such a steam bath?

I had about 5 min to kill before FOP so I texted my dad and then jumped on the line. Great ride! It was only my second time so I didn't remember it too well.

At this point my timing was pretty off for FP+. I was able to move up my Safari to 10:10 instead of 10:25 so I just got some water from Creature Comforts and then sat until it was time. That's what I hate about FP. Cause the standby wait wasn't that bad but I felt like I *had* to use my FP, ya know? While on queue I was also able to move up my Dino FP to 11am so that worked out.

I had a great safari; lots of good animal activity.

After I walked over to Everest, which is the most extreme coaster I can handle. Single rider line was available.

I skip Kali cause I hate being that wet. I was hungry so made my way to Restaurantosaurus. I know there are more exciting places to eat at AK but Panda was too far away (I had the steamed pods last year and wanted them again but I was in the wrong place at the wrong time) and it was too hot and gross out for Flame Tree. And I'm not a fan of pizzafari. So a burger it was! It his the spot and I'm pleased the toppings bar is still there. And the meal came with a dessert, which was a nice surprise.

I then rode Dinosaur and wandered around Dinoland. Didn't ride anything else. That Primevil Whirl coaster gave me neck pain last time I rode it so I said never again.

I thought about Tough to be a Bug but wasn't in the mood. I was too hot and gross. I wandered the shops instead. And then at 12:30pm I left the park. I know, I didn't do much, no treks or anything. And I told myself I'd do Rafiki's Planet Watch this trip but once there and you're hot and sweaty and tired you're just not in the mood, ya know?

I had no wait for the bus to come and only like 5 of us on it. Once I got back to Contemporary I was very pleased that my room was already made up. I immediately put my pajamas on, crawled into bed, and passed out for 90 solid minutes.

I got up around 3pm and put on my bathing suit to check out the pool area. I realized I hadn't explored the outside of the resort yet. I took a dip in the pool, which was pracitically vacant. Then I wandered the marina a bit just to check it out. I didn't go to the Bay Lake Tower area though. I thought about taking a boat to Fort Wilderness cause I've never been there but again, too tired.

Went back to my room to freshen up and then had a long debate with myself: Disney Springs or MK. I haven't been to DS yet this trip, but I also set this night aside to watch the fireworks in the park since i haven't seen Happily Ever After up close yet. MK won.

Walked to MK, and went straight to Pecos Bill's for dinner. It just after 5pm at this point. Then I did Pirates and while in line got a FP for Haunted Mansion, which was available right away.

Did HM and then Little Mermaid. Everything seemed to have really long waits. Decided to hang out in Tomorrowland for a while before claiming a fireworks spot. Did PeopleMover, visited with my friends John, Sarah, Patty, and Jimmy, and then did PeopleMover again. Cause why not? Then I found a good spot for fireworks about 45 min before it started.

It was a great show. I love the castle projections. But I like the Wishes score better. And I didn't realize Tinkerbell flies later on in the show; I thought she just wasn't appearing tonight. So that was a nice surprise.

The madness leaving the park is why I rarely do closing and fireworks in the parks anymore. Oy vey. And at that point my feet were killing me (got 3 blisters, ouch!). The walk back to Contemporary was looooonnnnng.

But I first stopped on the fourth floor to pick up a peanut butter pie that I've heard so much about. I was too hot and tired to eat it but it's in my room fridge and I'm sure will make a fantastic breakfast.

I'm now showered, cooled off, and ready for bed. Only 3 full days left. Crazy how fast this is going!
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The freedom to do whatever you please must be liberating! Have fun tomorrow! Double sock!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Is Restaurantosaurus like the old Pecos Bill with the toppings bar?
    I agree about Primeval Whirl. I used to love it, but now it is just too jerky.
    Be sure to let us know how the peanut butter pie was for breakfast.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Is Restaurantosaurus like the old Pecos Bill with the toppings bar?
    I agree about Primeval Whirl. I used to love it, but now it is just too jerky.
    Be sure to let us know how the peanut butter pie was for breakfast.
    For Restaurantosaurus - yup! Grilled mushrooms and onions, tomatoes, pickles, raw onion, jalepenos, etc. Only thing missing was the old melted cheese.

Peanut butter pie is delish! Kinda heavy though. I only ate a few bites.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    For Restaurantosaurus - yup! Grilled mushrooms and onions, tomatoes, pickles, raw onion, jalepenos, etc. Only thing missing was the old melted cheese.

Peanut butter pie is delish! Kinda heavy though. I only ate a few bites.
    Thank you for the info. I'll definitely have to give Restaurantosaurus a try.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Despite the tired feet and the heat, you had a very nice day and accomplished quite a lot!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! Another busy day!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: