Quantcast Vacation Planning WAY too Early

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacation Planning WAY too Early

I'm already looking ahead to our next trip to Disney which will be for the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends 2013 and I've stumbled across some interesting things. My first question is, does anyone have any idea when 2013 SWW dates will be released? I know it's way too early, but it'd be nice to have an idea just in case. My other question is from some research I've done it looks like dates are usually announced in December or January, that gives us about 5 months advanced warning, will that be enough time for dining reservations and the like for a group of 6 to get all the meals we're wanting to get? This past year I took my girlfriend (now fiance) to Disney and we didn't plan it until February. However, we only ate a few sit down restaurants and the most difficult to get was Le Cellier. It seemed like that first weekend of SWW wasn't so bad, but for a family of 6 I was just wondering and hoping 5 months is enough time to have the freedom of choice on restaurants still.
    First Disney Trip 1994
    Shades of Green 1999
    All Star Movies 2001
    Shades of Green 2009
    Pop Century 2011
    Bay Lake Tower 2012
    All Star Movies 2012 (Engagement Trip)
    All Star Music 2013
    Pop Century 2014 (Wedding Trip!)
    & Many More to Come!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Typically the dates are announced around February or so but the dates are usually similar from year to year.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

That's the same time frame we're planning to go next year! You're definitely not planning too early...trust me. I've got all our meals planned and am just waiting on my 180 days to book ADR's. Usually, SWW start the 3rd weekend in May and wrap up the 2nd week in June. I'm crossing my fingers that it will open on May 17th...we missed it in 2008 by a couple of weeks due to one of the big conventions being in May. DHS didn't start SWW until June that year and my daughter was NOT a happy camper. I'll have to adjust my trip if it doesn't fall when we're there next year.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

This year I didn't book until February for a trip on May 17th and it worked out pretty well. I should be able to have similar success with the same process right? We just want to have everything paid for and planned around January so we can save up for shopping money and World Showcase adult beverage money. Lol.
    First Disney Trip 1994
    Shades of Green 1999
    All Star Movies 2001
    Shades of Green 2009
    Pop Century 2011
    Bay Lake Tower 2012
    All Star Movies 2012 (Engagement Trip)
    All Star Music 2013
    Pop Century 2014 (Wedding Trip!)
    & Many More to Come!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antngoof89 View Post
    This year I didn't book until February for a trip on May 17th and it worked out pretty well. I should be able to have similar success with the same process right? We just want to have everything paid for and planned around January so we can save up for shopping money and World Showcase adult beverage money. Lol.
    With some flexibility, you should be fine. Some of the most possible restaurants might be filled up with a shorter time frame. On our last trip, I only made one reservation before we left home and either made same day reservations after we arrived and/or walked up to restaurants. We pretty much ate in just about every restaurant we wanted. We even ate at Le Cellier for dinner though that reservation was made for a couple of days in the future instead of same day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: