Quantcast New Refillable Mug Program - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    I don't buy that at all, that all, or most, or even a decent percentage of the people using old mugs were using the "good forever" kind. Let's be honest here, it's been almost twenty years since the lifetime mugs went away. I find it very hard to believe that very many people are still bringing them back for their free refills. That doesn't change the fact that those that are should have an allowance of some sort made to them, but I've personally seen a lot of mugs I know for a fact are not the lifetime type being reused (such as a design or two ago, after the lifetime guarantee).
    2003 is when they started stamping "good for length of stay only" on the cups and posting it at the drink stations. So to the best of my knowledge (at least as a moderator on the Accommodations forum) that is when the lifetime mugs went away. But yes, most of the people I've witnessed coming back for free refills clearly did not have the lifetime mugs (or Disney World mugs, for that matter).
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyman42 View Post
    Can i add park tickets, adrs, photopass plus, fp+ and room access to my mug? Its all RFID right? And can I get an annual pass on my mug for multiple mug trips per 365 days?

Oh wait thats probably the new, exclusive super duper disney experience ++ program, my mistake

But seriously, I'm sure this means resort specific mugs are NEVER coming back...
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

So has it started yet? July is more than half over.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

For us the drink stations have always been a long enough hike away that we rarely refilled anyways... We don't like carrying empty cups around the park so they really don't pay off for us
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Over the past 4 years we get the QSDP. Just fits our style. And we HAVE to get the mugs...I don't think you can opt out. The older mugs at this point.

As most know, with the QSDP you get a beverage with the meals so we get the chocolate milk for breakfast and water during the days for lunch or some form of iced tea. If we eat breakfast in our room via Garden Grocer stuff we have delivered we may use a meal from the plan for a dinner. OR well we pay out of pocket for at least 2 sit downs like Via Napoli/Fulton Crab House so beverage is paid for. Far as coffee, I take my coffee - KEURIG travel brewer with us and I use my WDW Tervis tumbler.

Funny thing is we usually we forget the plastic mugs 80% of the time in the room. Just not on our minds to take them to the food court and we don't pack them to take to the parks - just another thing to carry. On our pool days we use them for our own packed adult beverages – so we do use them for that. LOL

I'm just not even sure DW and I will miss the mugs - RFID or not. I know we have a suitcase full of them at home. I prefer my Tervis tumbler to keep my beverages the right temp longer.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and how it may morph to a different type of control mechanism.

Just say’n…
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

We purchased a "lifetime free refils" mug in 1996. So, those who see those using Dixie Landings mugs and getting mad, should realize that those people are not doing anything wrong. They are not stealing, we were told "Lifetime". That said, I have NEVER brought an old mug back with me (even our life time ones).

I found years ago that the mugs were souveniers and not a real bargain for us. We just are not at the resorts enough to make them worth it. I think the last one we bought, we never even used.

If I get the dining plan (which seems less and less likely as the years go by as well) and the mug comes with it, we will take it. Otherwise, we will not be purchasing them, unless they are really cute. Haven't seen "cute" ones in a long time.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FriendsofMickey View Post
    We purchased a "lifetime free refils" mug in 1996. So, those who see those using Dixie Landings mugs and getting mad, should realize that those people are not doing anything wrong. They are not stealing, we were told "Lifetime". That said, I have NEVER brought an old mug back with me (even our life time ones).

I found years ago that the mugs were souveniers and not a real bargain for us. We just are not at the resorts enough to make them worth it. I think the last one we bought, we never even used.

If I get the dining plan (which seems less and less likely as the years go by as well) and the mug comes with it, we will take it. Otherwise, we will not be purchasing them, unless they are really cute. Haven't seen "cute" ones in a long time.
    Exactly! I could have written this myself!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if the new RFID mugs have appeared yet at the All Stars? I'm arriving at ASM in 3 days!
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

According to the DFB, the new RFID machines have been seen this week at BC Marketplace and AS Music. The RFID is not yet operational but is expected to go live in August.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

They were not "live" yet at Pop this week, but they were being put into place.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

so would this deter any of you from getting the mugs. Im not sure. I usually get the mugs each trip, even though the design hasn't changed. And if depends if the coffee is better now. But if I had a car I could get an ice chest for cheap and fill it w beverages...
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    so would this deter any of you from getting the mugs. Im not sure. I usually get the mugs each trip, even though the design hasn't changed.
    Honestly, it's not the RFID that bothers me as much as the design. I have 18 Beach scenes, at first they were cute but now I'm pretty much over it.

As others have said before I would love to see a straight refill charge for available for AP, DVC, and FL res. Hook it up to my MagicBand and let me use my own mug. Short of that, change the design every year.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I get the mugs every year as well but this year we are going to pass. It is not the RFID that is stopping me it is the fact that it is the same design. I buy it as a souvenir and I already have a few so I will wait until the design changes. I have water and other beverages ready to go!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

RFID is not our reason to NOT get the mugs.

We are not soda/fountain drink junkies. And the coffee is terrible. So if I can save a buck or 2 by not adding to our suitcase of plastic mugs at home I'm all for it.

I'll chose what I drink and where I want to get it and what I'll pay for for it. Before with the DP there was no choice and you had to get the mug - at least the QSDP right?
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Post Thanks / Like

We're at ASM this week. Still no new mugs.
    I Am That Hero!

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
    we're at asm this week. Still no new mugs.
    Then I say DRINK like FISH!!! While you still can.

LOL

ENJOY!!!
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GMRO View Post
    Then I say DRINK like FISH!!! While you still can.

LOL

ENJOY!!!
    Sadly I don't drink sodas, but my DS will drink up!
    I Am That Hero!

Hit it.

Opus X Guest

Its just a mug and soda??
    We can put a man on the moon and folks cant find this easy? why is this an issue.
    Walk up to fountain....fill cup or mug. Walk away.

Sometimes we buy the mug deal...sometimes not....depends how often we are at resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opus X View Post
    Its just a mug and soda??
    We can put a man on the moon and folks cant find this easy? why is this an issue.
    Walk up to fountain....fill cup or mug. Walk away.

Sometimes we buy the mug deal...sometimes not....depends how often we are at resort.
    It's the arbitrariness of the system, as described to this point, that I have a problem with. RFID-enabled dispensing is no big deal. Capping it at a certain number of oz every 5 minutes or so is entirely for Disney's benefit, not the paying guest. One of the tenets of great customer service is never to take shortcuts for your own benefit, at the expense of your customer. In this aspect, it is yet another symptom of a greater problem. That is probably what bothers me more than this issue by itself.

Opus X Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    It's the arbitrariness of the system, as described to this point, that I have a problem with. RFID-enabled dispensing is no big deal. Capping it at a certain number of oz every 5 minutes or so is entirely for Disney's benefit, not the paying guest. One of the tenets of great customer service is never to take shortcuts for your own benefit, at the expense of your customer. In this aspect, it is yet another symptom of a greater problem. That is probably what bothers me more than this issue by itself.
    Yeah, but its still just soda...sometimes things aren't a bigger deal.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: