Quantcast PED'S in Baseball, No Way

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default PED'S in Baseball, No Way

I guess if you're not cheating you're not trying. I think the 100 game suspension should fit everyone who tests positive. Out of the 20 or so MLB players I believe Melky Cabrera has already served his suspension last year, but everyone else will be new.
    Congrats to Ryan Braun, and A-Rod for steeping up and admitting it. No wait, they didn't. Braun already had a positive in 2011 after MVP season, but the chain of custody was broken or the sample was delayed a few hours, so he got off on a technicality. Don't think that'll happen again. A-Rod well he's always been someone who has taken the high road and done the right thing, so I'll wait to see what he says.
    I say test these guys every week during the season and every other during off season. Test positive and you're done for 100 games no pay and then you play with out pay for 100 games. So that's 1 1/2 years of no pay. How many would still cheat?
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indytraveler View Post
    ... and then you play with out pay for 100 games.
    The Players would never agree to this. It might not even be legal.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not outraged about it. I figure people are using some kind of PED in every industry. In every walk of life. Some of them may be illegal, and some are probably legal, but they enhance performance nonetheless. I just don't care that much. It's only baseball. I watch it for entertainment, not because I expect the highest integrity.

Play ball!

Post Thanks / Like

This whole issue is getting ridiculous. As mentioned, Braun has already tested positive once but never had to endure any sort of punishment. Either deal with it or ignore it, but at least let's be consistent and get on with it.

Issues like this are why the "little" guy - those average players who make it to the bigs but never make it really big - make the best role models for our kids.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Issues like this are why the "little" guy - those average players who make it to the bigs but never make it really big - make the best role models for our kids.
    Not so fast... There are many cases of players who otherwise would be carrer Minor Leaugers using just to make the "Bigs". The difference between a minor leauge salary and minimum Major Leauge salary is huge.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

When/if any of these guys are suspended, then another player gets his chance on a MLB roster. Circle of life.

People make choices. Some people abuse these kinds of things to get ahead in every imaginable industry. They pay for it in some way, eventually, even if the fact they can work crazy hours at an intense pace helps them climb the executive ladder before their time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Not so fast... There are many cases of players who otherwise would be carrer Minor Leaugers using just to make the "Bigs". The difference between a minor leauge salary and minimum Major Leauge salary is huge.
    Oh, I know not all of those guys are clean either but it seems that more of middle-of-the-road guys are clean in comparison to the big-name guys.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

You just don't hear about the middle of the road guys because they don't make headlines! Nobody cares if Johnny Utility player batting 190 with 1 HR is juiced! The Biggier the name the bigger the Headlines and it sell newspapers, magazines and gets big ratings on TV.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

When it was reported it was A-Rod, Braun and 20 others, with a few minor leaguers. So the big name guys are getting the headlines but everyone else will be suspended nonetheless.

Baseball's commish is the weakest of the big 3. He was on duty when this first came out 10+ years ago. He will posture when this comes to head and we will think ol' Bud is doing a great job. when in fact he isn't.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

They are good athletes and in today's world to make the big bucks they must cheat. I have no respect for them and could care less about the games anymore. They are not heroes but just overpaid wanna bees. They gambled and lost.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: