Quantcast Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique To Open Additional Location in Magic Kingdom Park

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique To Open Additional Location in Magic Kingdom Park

Disney has internally announced that the The King’s Gallery retail location, inside Cinderella Castle, will close in order to make way for a 2nd Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Location.

The location is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment July 5 - September 9, 2007 in order to perform the conversion. The refurbishment is not anticipated to affect other Castle venues or passage through the Castle.

The new Cinderella Castle location is scheduled to start accepting appointments April 29, 2007 for September 10, 2007 and beyond.

Here's the actual announcement:
    The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a magical salon where girls are transformed into Princesses. Where each hopeful Princess has her own Fairy Godmother to turn her sneakers into glass slippers and cover her with sparkles! What better place to become a true Princess then in the Castle of one of our very own Disney Princesses! On September 10, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is expanding and will open a second location inside the Magic Kingdom inside Cinderella Castle!

The Boutique will move into the space that is currently known as The King's Gallery which houses Arts and Collectibles Merchandise. The last day of business for The King's Gallery is July 4, 2007 and construction on the new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique runs from July 5 - September 1, 2007. Guests can continue to enjoy Arribas Brother offerings at the Crystal Arts store on Main Street, U.S.A., Arribas Brothers store located in Downtown Disney and the shop in the Germany pavilion at Epcot.

Similar to our dining venues, a reservation is highly recommended and can be made by calling 407-WDW-STYLE (407-939-7895) up to 180 days prior to arrival. Reservations for the Magic Kingdom Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can be made beginning April 29, 2007.
    Last edited by Figment!; 04-23-2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Added Announcement
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

.... and I thought I'd be able to get away with not taking my girls b/c they'd never know about it in DTD.... guess I'm in for the next trip!!

Thanks for the info (or warning... ) Jason!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I also read that Kings Gallery Shop will move into the Uptown Jewelers on Main St. All the artwork along with the Artist Watches station currently in the Uptown Jewelers will move to the Main St. Cinema. Right now, The Cinema is the home of "VMK", (Virtual Magic Kingdom) which has plans to move somewhere into Mickey's Toontown.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard about this about 2 months ago but had zero confirmation. I heard the reasoning behind it is they expected more people to use the Boutique before Pirates and Princess Parties but it was not a very good logistical plan since people could not go directly from DTD to the MK before the party using Disney Transportation.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Can't say I'm a huge fan of this announcement. I really liked browsing around in the King's Gallery. It was one of the few stores left in MK that felt at least a little like an original. It wasn't all the same cookie-cutter garbage they sell in all the other stores ... spinners and cheap plastic toys and whatnot ... they had nice stuff in there.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    Can't say I'm a huge fan of this announcement. I really liked browsing around in the King's Gallery. It was one of the few stores left in MK that felt at least a little like an original. It wasn't all the same cookie-cutter garbage they sell in all the other stores ... spinners and cheap plastic toys and whatnot ... they had nice stuff in there.
    Tis True.
    they need diff stores, not all the same
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Wow other one? I love that store in the castle, and now there going to change it.
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't all the same cookie-cutter garbage they sell in all the other stores ... spinners and cheap plastic toys and whatnot ... they had nice stuff in there.

The only good part about this is I spend alot less money on souvenirs I really have noticed that I spend about $100 -$200 less on merchandise at the parks since most it is the same old junk you see everywhere. I always use to finds some unique item that I had to have now it's more or less a few small trinkets and I'm done.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

True, though I've noticed in the past few years that it was starting to lose its medieval theme in favor of Disney princesses and pins and whatnot.
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

I agree I really liked looking in this store too. But it does make sense to move it to Main Street where the Artist watches etc are. That's the way it is in DTD. Putting a BBB in the castle is a really smart idea.
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

glenpreece, that is exactly what my first thought was when I read this article: "Oh, I hate to see that store go, but it is extremely smart of WDW to do it."

I sure hope they're able to keep an already congested area running smoothly.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I am very excited about this. We would have had to go to DTD before MNSSHP and now we don't!! I also think going from BBB in the park to Cindy's castle for meal is much more convienent.Can't wait!!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Although I agree that it is a very good move for Disney, I'm sad to see the store go. I always found it a quiet little place, with some really neat items in it...I always thought that it was more of a "grown-up" store.

I am most worried about the massive congestion...this will make that area sooooo busy.

I have been putting off DD, but now I have no excuse, and I'm sure a stop here will be on the agenda for the next triop.

Thanks for the info!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Although I hate the idea, Disney does know how to make money.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

This makes me really sad. One, I'll have to keep my DD from seeing it as I really prefer not to do this. But mostly, I loved that store. My kids loved to look in there and the castmembers were so attentive, going so far as to walk around with my kids and show them unique things.
    Not ~everything~ has to be princess, does it?
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting the good news. We will be there just after it opens. We have plans to go to BBB at DTD before our lunch in the castle. It will save us a lot of time to move our apt. to the new location
    Jennifer

Visits:
    countless visits as kid
    2/03' 1 day at MK-1st trip with DS
    9/03' 1 week-1st trip with DD-1st time staying on property-Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    10/04' 1 week-Port Orleans Riverside
    12/05' 1 week-All Star Movies
    9/06' 6 days Pop Century

9/07' 9 days Pop :)

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed ! Remember when they actually had swords and steins and medeival paraphanalia ? Will these people not rest until every shop is 100% Disney ? No unique shops anywhere anymore............
    " Everybody's got a laughin' place "

Steve

Trips to Walt Disney World : many !

Post Thanks / Like

I agree! I am not excited about this at all. I loved the theming of the shop being inside the castle. I will be sad to see it go.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default You haven't lived until you see your daughter's face

When our daughter (then 6) turned into a princess, 12/06, she really believed she was one. We are going again 12/07 and first thing to reserve is her makeover. My son (then 3) also had the "cool dude" with lots of spikey colors in his hair and he loved it! Well worth the $$.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by illini View Post
    Not ~everything~ has to be princess, does it?
    Amen! Especially when you have boys.

I will miss this shop as well. I always enjoyed browsing around and I have fond memories of it from my honeymoon.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: