Quantcast Independence Day Sparkles Across Walt Disney World Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Independence Day Sparkles Across Walt Disney World Resort

Independence Day Sparkles Across Walt Disney World Resort With Star-Spangled Pyrotechnics Performances

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
    June 17, 2008

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- A popular July 4th tradition at Walt Disney World Resort will continue this year as star-spangled salutes to America's independence are presented all across the Florida Vacation Kingdom.

Here's some of the fireworks fun scheduled for July 4 this year:

A Fourth of July "Concert in the Sky" will light up the night at Magic Kingdom in honor of Independence Day. Featuring a magnificent display of aerial fireworks, dazzling pyrotechnic effects and dynamic music, the show, entitled "Disney's Celebrate America!-A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky," is a grand tribute to the United States, its people and traditions. The special show is scheduled for 9 p.m. Magic Kingdom also will feature two performances of the "SpectroMagic" nighttime parade, first at 10:30 p.m. and then again at 12:30 a.m. that same night.

A holiday-inspired finale will be added to Epcot's nightly fireworks extravaganza, "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth." The park's American Adventure pavilion also will feature enhanced entertainment throughout the day, with visits from historic characters who will share their stories. American Adventure also will feature additional performances of its signature musical group, Voices of Liberty, performing patriotic classics.

Disney's Hollywood Studios will present a special July 4th fireworks show at 9 p.m., with skyrockets and patriotic music filling the air at the showbiz-themed park. The park's popular "Fantasmic!" show, featuring fireworks, animation, dancing waters and Disney characters, will be presented on July 4 at 10:30 p.m.

Downtown Disney will present July 4th fireworks at 10:30 p.m. for the revelers, shoppers and diners enjoying the nighttime entertainment district.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

the magic kingdom ones are horrible... last yr we saw them and it lasted about 5 minutes. It seemed like a waste. But thats my personal opinion
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

Post Thanks / Like

This years Magic Kingdom show is supposed to be completely new. In the past the MK show was pretty lame, especially compared with the 4th of July tag on Illumination but perhaps they have corrected the situation.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be at MGM then EPCOT They were AWESOME last year! woooowhoooo 4th of July!!!
    Swan x 1, Dolphin x 1, Carribbean Beach x 1, BWV x 9, OKW x 5, WLV x 2, BCV x 2, Cruise x 3
    Next Up!: AULANI! July 2012

DVC Member since 97

It all started with a mouse...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks Jason!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. we're planning to be at epcot for the 4th- doing the american experience shoukld be fun and we'll be visiting the "enemy" as well with dinner at the rose & crown

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the castle during the July 4th fireworks show;
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

and another ....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful. Happy 4th of July !
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    ºoº WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    ºoº TDL 6-83, 9-91
    ºoº DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

wow thank you for those beautiful pictures!
    1991 - Fairway Villas, 1993 - Old Key West, 1995 - Yacht Club, 1997 - Fort Wilderness, 2003 - Fort Wilderness, 2004 - Contemporary, 2005 - Caribbean, 2007 - Polynesian, 2012 - Disneyland Paris, 2014 - Beach Club, 2015 - Beach Club
    2016 - Contemporary
    Lisa

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

This years show is pretty good. A lot like the event ones (but not as much fun). They were nice.

But you know....it is insanely slow at the park right now. Like, when I left, they were still letting people in the park. I don't think we hit Phase 2 even. I think I heard somewhere of 50-60K (which for MK, is NOT a lot).

A sign of how bad the economy is making things.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is definitely a sign of how bad the economy is. Usually on July 4 you can't even move in MK. We actually quit going July 4 week because it was usually so crowded. Now hearing this and seeing the pics I am kicking myself but because of the high fuel costs, poor airline service/high fare prices along with worries about the economy we have reduced our traveling this year too.

Last night I actually saw both Studios and Epcots fireworks.

I think based on what I read, they send the ones from MK to Studios - the show was only 8 minutes. Very bad. Well, not bad but just short.

I will say the finale at Epcot is probably the best. We enjoyed watching 300 of those nice big cannons going off all at once.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent the day at Epcot yesterday. I saw the Voices of Liberty concert. It was so touching and moving. Very beautiful. I also met both of the WDW Ambassadors (one of whom is a former manager of mine)!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Awwww!

I missed you then! Granted I worked all day, but I met up with my friend and his mom outside of Studios and watched the fireworks from by the flagpoles and the lake. It was a good viewing spot (and gets you out of the park faster since you are already outside) before we headed to Epcot and watched them from by Club Cool (not a good spot - no music ).

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: