Quantcast Kris Allen is going to Disney World!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kris Allen is going to Disney World!

New ‘American Idol’ Will Be Seen – and Heard! – in Famous Disney Ad

‘Adam Lambert or Kris Allen, You’ve Just Been Named The New American Idol, What Are You Going To Do Next?’

‘I’m Going to Disney World!’

LOS ANGELES – To celebrate the newly opened “American Idol Experience” attraction at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Adam Lambert or Kris Allen will shout the famous words “I’m Going to Disney World!” immediately after being crowned the newest “American Idol” in the show’s star-studded season finale on Wednesday night, May 20, in Los Angeles.

Camera crews will capture Adam Lambert or Kris Allen’s celebratory pronouncement on the Nokia Theatre stage mere moments after “American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest announces the champion’s name to millions of viewers watching worldwide.

Not only will the newly crowned Idol shout “I’m Going to Disney World!” at the spot’s conclusion, his voice also will be featured throughout the ad as he performs the iconic song, “When You Wish Upon A Star.”

And with the same immediacy that has made the Disney spot one of the most beloved commercials of all-time, the newest “I’m Going to Disney World!” commercial is scheduled to air on television within hours of the “American Idol” finale.

Starring in a role usually occupied by sports stars – including Super Bowl heroes and World Series champs – Adam Lambert or Kris Allen will be the second singer to ever star in the Disney commercial in its 20+-year history. (2008 “American Idol” champion, David Cook, was the first.)

The “American Idol” champion’s role in the newest “I’m Going to Disney World” commercial celebrates “The American Idol Experience,” the new “American Idol”-themed attraction that had a February 2009 grand opening Disney’s Hollywood Studios, part of Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

“The American Idol Experience” – the first major theme park attraction in the world based on the popular television series – was developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in conjunction with FremantleMedia Enterprises and 19 TV Ltd.

In the attraction, Disney guests are able to experience the glitz and glamour of the “American Idol” television show, whether they are auditioning for a Disney producer, performing on-stage in front of a packed theater or voting for their favorite performance from their audience seats.

Performers who receive the most audience votes in the preliminary shows return to star in that evening’s grand finale show. In addition to their new-found theme park fame, the top vote-getting guest in the finale show receives “The American Idol Experience” Dream Ticket – which allows an eligible holder to schedule a front-of-the-line audition at a future regional audition for the “American Idol” television show.

By starring in the Disney commercial, Adam Lambert or Kris Allen joins a lineup of superstar professional athletes who have shouted the famous “I’m Going to Disney World” line.

Fittingly, the new “American Idol” will make his celebratory visit to Walt Disney World Resort as Disney Parks asks guests “What Will You Celebrate?”

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Should have seen that coming!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

And that guest will be...... Kris Allen !
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Updated article:

New ‘American Idol’ is Seen – and Heard! – in Famous Disney Ad

LOS ANGELES – To celebrate the newly opened “American Idol Experience” attraction at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Kris Allen shouted the famous words “I’m Going to Disney World!” immediately after being crowned the newest “American Idol” in the show’s star-studded season finale on May 20, 2009 in Los Angeles.

Disney camera crews captured Allen’s celebratory pronouncement on the Nokia Theatre stage mere moments after “American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest announced the champion’s name to millions of viewers watching worldwide.

Not only does the newly crowned Idol shout “I’m Going to Disney World!” at the spot’s conclusion, Allen's voice also is featured throughout the ad as he performs the iconic song, “When You Wish Upon A Star.”

And with the same immediacy that has made the Disney spot one of the most beloved commercials of all-time, the newest “I’m Going to Disney World!” commercial aired on television within hours of the “American Idol” finale.

Starring in a role usually occupied by sports stars – including Super Bowl heroes and World Series champs – Allen is the second singer to ever star in the Disney commercial in its 20+-year history. (2008 “American Idol” champion, David Cook, was the first.)

The “American Idol” champion’s role in the newest “I’m Going to Disney World” commercial celebrates “The American Idol Experience,” the new “American Idol”-themed attraction that had a February 2009 grand opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, part of Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

“The American Idol Experience” – the first major theme park attraction in the world based on the popular television series – was developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in conjunction with FremantleMedia Enterprises and 19 TV Ltd.

In the attraction, Disney guests are able to experience the glitz and glamour of the “American Idol” television show, whether they are auditioning for a Disney producer, performing on-stage in front of a packed theater or voting for their favorite performance from their audience seats. Performers who receive the most audience votes in the preliminary shows return to star in that evening’s grand finale show. In addition to their new-found theme park fame, the top vote-getting guest in the finale show receives “The American Idol Experience” Dream Ticket – which allows an eligible holder to schedule a front-of-the-line audition at a future regional audition for the “American Idol” television show.

By starring in the Disney commercial, Allen joins a lineup of superstar professional athletes who have shouted the famous “I’m Going to Disney World” line.

Fittingly, the new “American Idol” will make his celebratory visit to Walt Disney World Resort as Disney Parks asks guests “What Will You Celebrate?”

Post Thanks / Like

First...I don't watch a whole lot of American Idol..but I hear that commentators say on the radio..and wasn't Adam the one expected to win??

Anyway, is the version of Kris and/or David Cook singing "When You Wish Upon A Star" going to be on itunes to buy or anywhere that someone could download it to an ipod???
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
    First...I don't watch a whole lot of American Idol..but I hear that commentators say on the radio..and wasn't Adam the one expected to win??

Anyway, is the version of Kris and/or David Cook singing "When You Wish Upon A Star" going to be on itunes to buy or anywhere that someone could download it to an ipod???
    Having watched a few seasons of Idol, I don't know that anyone actually ever knows who is 'expected to win'. SInce the winner is selected strictly through people voting, you never know for sure where the voting will be strong. I think the judges on the show thought Adam would win, but they also have been wrong before!

My personal favorite was Adam, but Kris is also very good and seems to be very appealing to young ladies 12-30 - the demographic that is armed with cell phones, and they know how to use them to vote!!

I think a version of 'Wish Upon A Star' by Kris would sound very good.

Post Thanks / Like

Answered in original article:

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Not only does the newly crowned Idol shout “I’m Going to Disney World!” at the spot’s conclusion, Allen's voice also is featured throughout the ad as he performs the iconic song, “When You Wish Upon A Star.”

Post Thanks / Like

They have the video on youtube now! It is soo cute, And to think I didn't think he could get any more cute and he did! lol. I already have watched it, dowloaded it,and put it on my ipod.
    Did I mention how adorable he is? j/k
    Last edited by Melanie; 05-21-2009 at 09:42 PM.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Follow the link below for the video.

WebDisney

Post Thanks / Like

I think Adam should/was the winner. Kris' voice comes a dime a dozen. He should do well in nightclubs and such. But Adam will be the one who makes the big time.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know when Kris will be there? We'll be there June 6-11. My dd would love to see him!
    Beth

Feb 2001 - All Star Movies
    March 2003 - Caribbean Beach
    Oct 2003 - All Star Movies
    Feb 2005 - Pop
    Dec 2005 - AKL
    Oct 2006 - Old Key West
    Jan 2007 - Boardwalk Villas
    Feb 2007 - Pop
    Sep 2007 - Old Key West
    Feb 2008 - Old Key West
    June 2009 - Old Key West & 3-day Cruise!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: