Quantcast Cabana Bay Beach Resort 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cabana Bay Beach Resort 2014

Universal is now taking reservations for Cabana Bay Beach Resort.. Prices aren't bad... Pretty god actually... I should add, booking for 2014 has started for family suits which open March 31 2014 and standard rooms open July 1, 2014...

Opening in 2014 - Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
    Head to an endless summer of family fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Family Suites (Moderate)
    There's plenty of space for the whole family in our Family Suites that sleep six and include a kitchenette.
    From $131 per night† when you stay 7 nights. From
    $131
    per night†

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard Rooms (Value)
    Standard Rooms sleep four and are a great place to shift your vacation into relaxation.
    From $90 per night† when you stay 7 nights. From
    $90
    per night†

Stay in the heart of all the excitement at one of four magnificently themed on-site hotels including Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, scheduled to open in 2014. Guests staying on-site enjoy exclusive benefits not available anywhere else!
    Take the complimentary water taxis along picturesque waterways or ride the shuttle bus directly to both theme parks and Universal CityWalk®.
    Priority seating at select restaurants throughout both theme parks and enjoy first available seating at select Universal Orlando and CityWalk restaurants.

DELUXE HOTEL BENEFITS INCLUDE
    FREE Universal ExpressSM Unlimited ride access* to SKIP THE REGULAR LINES in both theme parks (valid theme park admission required)

Included when you stay at
    •Loews Royal Pacific Resort
    •Hard Rock Hotel®
    •Loews Portofino Bay Hotel

ALL HOTELS INCLUDE
    Guests of ALL on-site hotels enjoy Early Park Admission^ to Universal’s Islands of Adventure® one hour before the theme park opens (valid theme park admission required).

Included when you stay at
    •Loews Royal Pacific Resort
    •Hard Rock Hotel®
    •Loews Portofino Bay Hotel
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

So the Cabana Bay Beach Resort does not include the express pass.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    That is what I understood when this resort was first announced. There is no appeal for us to ever stay at Cabana Bay without Express Pass. No matter how cheap it is, one of the main reasons we stay onsite is for the free EP. Without it, we probably wouldn't have ever stayed onsite.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't appear to be the case... Whether that changes by time the resort opens or not, who knows? They may feel the price alone is enough to gain interest... Plus, I think Cabana Bay may wind up with its own walkway connecting the resort to IOA via a walkway bridge and a new entrance (don't quote me on the new entrance, but you can quote me on the bridge/walkway)...

If they see attendance lagging at Cabana Bay, and they find out through surveys it is because of no express pass, that may be enough to get them to include it... Buzzwoody states how a lot of other people feel, express pass is a great benefit to staying onsite... You aren't alone in your feelings, Buzz, believe me...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this ever came up in the original announcement but Cabana Bay will have a lazy river AND a bowling alley... I think this hotel, even without express pass, will do just fine...

Post Thanks / Like

This resort is set to have 1800 rooms. 900 each of standard and suites. The total resort occupancy could potentially be 9000 guests.

If they DID offer Express Pass, how "Express" would that be? From a logistical point of view, they really can't offer the Express Pass, or else it will cease to be a good perk.

Seeing how many cheap hotels are in the immediate vicinity of Universal, I really have my doubts about the popularity of this resort without the benefit of the Express Pass.

I guess we'll see.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

Seeing how many cheap hotels are in the immediate vicinity of Universal, I really have my doubts about the popularity of this resort without the benefit of the Express Pass.
    Same could be said for Disney - but people still want to be inside the "magic". At the price and with early entry, and being on site - I think it's a value. Besides, if you vacation at the right time of year - express pass isn't even necessary. Much like Disney, crowds can be mitigated by either getting in early or staying late.

Looks pretty nice to me...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Same could be said for Disney - but people still want to be inside the "magic". At the price and with early entry, and being on site - I think it's a value. Besides, if you vacation at the right time of year - express pass isn't even necessary. Much like Disney, crowds can be mitigated by either getting in early or staying late.

Looks pretty nice to me...
    Yeah, I forgot about the early entry. That is a good benefit. But, being "onsite" at Universal is significantly less important than it is at WDW, at least to me. I've been to Universal a number of times and never felt compelled to stay onsite.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know... If anything, their night time offerings make it more compelling for me to stay onsite.

Having stayed offsite at Disney many times, I didn't feel I was really missing much unless I was comparing to the Epcot or monorail resorts.

The convenience of being able to walk to dining, shopping and parks is huge in my opinion. Its for that reason I love Disneyland. Its all right there.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    But, being "onsite" at Universal is significantly less important than it is at WDW, at least to me. I've been to Universal a number of times and never felt compelled to stay onsite.
    I feel the complete opposite. We have stopped staying onsite at Disney and always stay onsite at Universal. We never feel that we are missing out not staying on property at Disney. I feel that Universal hotels are much nicer and the express pass that you get is a great perk. I really don't see much of a reason to stay on site at Disney for the price you have to pay. There are really no perks for us. We don't care for Disney buses (taking 30 mins to get to a park 5 mins away) and always rent a car. We love the fact that at Universal we have a short walk to everything. We can walk from the RP to the Studio in less time than a bus ride from a Disney hotel to a Disney park. And as John mentioned you don't have to be inside of a park to have dinner at City Walk, just a short walk from your hotel.

As far as the new Universal hotel, for the price, being walking distance and having a lazy river.....I think it will do fine.

I think I am even glad they are not offering the express pass. Offering it to too many guests will make it less effective. Right now they only offer it to hotel guests at three hotels and it is not watered down.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the complete opposite. We have stopped staying onsite at Disney and always stay onsite at Universal. I feel that Universal hotels are much nicer and the express pass that you get is a great perk. I really don't see much of a reason to stay on site at Disney for the price you have to pay. There are really no perks for us.

As far as the new Universal hotel, for the price, being walking distance and having a lazy river.....I think it will do fine.

I think I am even glad they are not offering the express pass. Offering it to too many guests will make it less effective. Right now they only offer it to hotel guests at three hotels and it is still effective.
    I think it really comes down to the perk of free express pass being available to those willing to pay more for a hotel room... They offer it on a "value resort" then the other resorts may lose guests, and Cabana Bay will be bursting at the seams... I think Cabana Bay will do very will on price alone... And if people know they can get into Potter 1 hour earlier, and have a shorter walk from resort to park to get there, they will overlook the express pass...

Honestly, the dedicated walkway from the Cabana Bay Beach Resort to IOA would be enough for me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I think it really comes down to the perk of free express pass being available to those willing to pay more for a hotel room... They offer it on a "value resort" then the other resorts may lose guests, and Cabana Bay will be bursting at the seams... I think Cabana Bay will do very will on price alone... And if people know they can get into Potter 1 hour earlier, and have a shorter walk from resort to park to get there, they will overlook the express pass...

Honestly, the dedicated walkway from the Cabana Bay Beach Resort to IOA would be enough for me...

I agree with you on the reasons why they shouldn't offer the pass with the value hotel......but for us the walkway would not be enough, but combine the short walking distance, the cheap price, and the lazy river, I think that they will fill the hotel without the express pass.

One thing, I know I am repeating myself, but Universal Hotels are top notch. The rooms are of high quality, the restaurants are good, and something that is never mentioned, the pools are great. The three hotels that they currently have are not cheap, but I feel that if I am going to spend a big chunck of money Universal gives me more for my money.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE the design aesthetic. I could definitely see us staying there. As for the express pass, if you play your day correctly, I honestly don't find it all that necessary. The last time we were at Universal, we stayed off site. The main reason we stayed off site was because none of the other resorts appealed to us enough for the prices. It was a weekend at the end of June, just after Wizarding World opened, so there were plenty of crowds. Nevertheless, we were able to do everything we wanted to (some multiple times) over two days, with hardly any waits, aside from the HP attractions. Now, with the new Transformers attraction and HP part 2 coming soon, I think that will become more challenging to do; but, as John said, going off season should alleviate that issue. I think the potential pluses of this resort that DizneyFreak laid out (should they all come true) are enough to make up for no express pass.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw that city council approved the pedestrian bridge.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

To me I think the $70 more it costs to stay at Royal Pacific (for the time period that I looked at) would make me want to stay there over Cabana Beach solely for the reason of the express pass. One thing to consider though, maybe they could offer one time express passes to guests of that resort (the ones that anyone can purchase for $40), therefore the incentive is still there to stay at the more expensive properties.
    I must say though I liked one of the descriptions I saw for Cabana Beach, it described as a sweeping motor court that families enjoyed after a long days drive, that would bring back memories of growing up.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: