Quantcast Tidbits August/September 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits August/September 2014

Tidbits
    August/September 2014

2 Months Off the Top

9/23/14
    A Magic Kingdom mainstay that helps Guests stay neat and pretty will be closing up shop Late Winter through Early Spring 2015. The Harmony Barber Shop, located on Main Street USA, is tentatively scheduled to be closed for refurbishment February 2 through March 30, 2015. Alternative offerings during this period have not been announced.

Pumpkin is the Spice of Ice Cream

9/23/14
    Epcot’s artisan ice cream parlor has add a trio of pumpkin treats for Fall. L’Artisan des Glaces, located in the France Pavilion, has added Pumpkin Spice ice cream as new seasonal flavor. Additionally, the location has added seasonal varieties of two popular treats; a Pumpkin Spice Macaron and a Caramel Pumpkin Spice Brioche Ice Cream Sandwich.

Let’s Re-Charge

9/23
    /14 Phone charging options have become more limited at the Magic Kingdom park. The complimentary smartphone charging stations ceased operation on September 12, 2014. Cast have reported that the 4 month offering was a trial period.

5/17/14
    The Magic Kingdom has recently introduced smartphone charging stations at two locations in Tommorowland. Guests can find 6 charging stations near the Tomorrowland Arcade and 12 charging stations in Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe. The stations offer Apple 30pin, Apple Lightning, and USB charger options. The charging stations are complimentary, but use a credit card as your “key” to lock and un-lock the door to the charging station.

End of the Line Pal

9/23/14
    After discontinuing production of Pal Mickey in Fall 2008, the Walt Disney World resort has internally announced that it will end all support for the former product later this month. Effective September 27, 2014; all infrared transmitters that support Pal Mickey interaction will permanently cease operation.

New Tricks & Treats

8/30/14
    Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is debuting a new Character opportunity for the 2014 parties. The Diamond Horseshoe will be transformed into Club Villain featuring a dance party and opportunities to “mingle” with Cruella De Vil, Dr. Facilier, Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine.
    A second new character event offering The Queen, Snow White, Maleficent and Aurora was announced, but then retracted without any explanation.

Wildest Fries in the Wilderness

8/30/14
    The Golden Oak Outpost, located in the Magic Kingdom’s Frontierland, has recently added several varieties of “loaded” waffle fries priced at $5.99. The “Brown Gravy and Cheese” features waffle fries topped with brown gravy, white cheddar curds, and chives. The “BLT” features waffle fries topped with bacon, lettuce, tomato and ranch dressing. The “Barbecue Pork” features waffle fries topped barbecue pork and coleslaw. The “Tex-Mex” features waffle fries topped black bean & cucumber relish, melted cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, salsa, and a dollop of sour cream.

Refurbs in Paradise

8/30/14
    Small plate dining options were temporarily reduced at Disney’s Polynesian Village resort earlier this month. Kona Island closed for refurbishment on August 8th and is slated to re-open on October 1, 2014.

Please refer to the new schedule, Por favor consulte el nuevo horario

8/30/14
    Walt Disney World Transportation has announced a new schedule for the Walt Disney World Monorail system for most of September 2014. From September 1 – 26, The Epcot line will operate daily from 9:00 am till 11:00 pm. On September 1, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, & 26; the Magic Kingdom Resort line will operate 8:30 am till Midnight. On September 2 , 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, & 25; the Magic Kingdom Resort line will operate 8:30 am till 11:00 pm. On September 5 & 6; the Magic Kingdom Resort line will operate 8:30 am till 2:00 am. From September 1 – 4 and 7-26; The Magic Kingdom Express line will operate 9:30 am till 1 hour after the nighttime fireworks presentation. On September 5 & 6; the Magic Kingdom Express line will operate 9:30 am till 2:00 am.

Trailing Off

8/30/14
    Disney’s Animal Kingdom has announced that the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail will be undergoing partitioned refurbishments from September 3 through Late 2014. During this period; the entrance, underwater hippo exhibit, aviary, and research outpost will be closed for renovations. The attraction's current Exit will be used as a temporary entrance during the renovations.

Shopping Shakeup

8/30/14
    Disney’s Hollywood Studios has announced the replacement for the L.A. Prop Cinema Storage retail location. The Trolley Car Café will open in February 2015 and will exclusively serve Starbucks brand beverages and La Boulange brand pastries.

5/29/14
    A Disney’s Hollywood Studios store is slated to close for an 8 month refurbishment starting this Summer. It has been internally announced that L.A. Prop Cinema Storage is scheduled to be closed for refurbishment June 16, 2014 through February 28, 2015. Due to the location’s position at the high-traffic Hollywood Boulevard/Sunset Boulevard intersection and the existing patio area; it is being strongly speculated among Cast that the refurbishment is to convert the space to the the park's previously announced Starbucks location.

Sunrise, Sunset

8/30/14
    Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge has announced that it will be ending one of its tours later this year. The Sunrise Safari tour, available to concierge Guests of the Animal Kingdom Lodge, has been announced to cease operation after December 28, 2014.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates Jason.

I'm surprised they chose to put Starbucks so close to Starring Rolls. I know they originally were going to move it into the SR space but decided against it because it was too small. I wonder if the plan is to close SR after Starbucks opens, hmmm.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The waffle fries sound superb!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I'm surprised they chose to put Starbucks so close to Starring Rolls. I know they originally were going to move it into the SR space but decided against it because it was too small. I wonder if the plan is to close SR after Starbucks opens, hmmm.
    Oh, I hope not! I love Starring Rolls. It's a tradition, although I'm easing into creating new traditions (by necessity) every time I go to Disney.

That said, I like where they are putting the Starbucks. Convenient location and I won't miss the merchandise (mostly toys) that they had at LA Prop.

Brandon, Florida - About 55 miles from WDW!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates! I'm going to have to go try some of those fries now!
    Jason

And here's the little Skipper now. Oh Shut up Scruffy you're not burned, you just have a healthy glow.

ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm, put those waffle fries on my list for next month!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie
    That said, I like where they are putting the Starbucks. Convenient location and I won't miss the merchandise (mostly toys) that they had at LA Prop.
    Can't picture in my head exactly where the LA Prop location is! Can anyone clear this up for me!
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    Can't picture in my head exactly where the LA Prop location is! Can anyone clear this up for me!
    On the corner of Hollywood and Sunset across from the times board.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

The Golden Oak outpost is sadly only open Sat & Sun right now

Also I tried some of the Halloween exclusive snacks & was majorly disappointed.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the fries sound interesting.

I'm glad I got to do the Sunrise Safari last month. I can only guess that letting DVC people do it was a last ditch effort to get numbers up? They had two trucks full when we did it.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooh yea, agree with others on this post....may have to make a trip planning change and add "Fries For All" as a lunch choice!!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL