Quantcast Tidbits October 2014

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits October 2014

Tidbits
    October 2014

Refurbs by the Sea

10/20/14
    Resort Cast have reported that Disney's Beach Club resort is slated to undergo a lengthy rolling refurbishment. Beginning in Winter 2014 and concluding in Summer 2016; the project is expected to renovate Guest rooms and the resort's public areas. The extensive renovation project is expected to be completed in rolling phases to minimize the impact on Guests staying at the hotel during this time.

Shopping Shakeup

10/20/14
    An Adventureland retail mainstay is schedule to close later this week. It has been internally announced that the Island Supply retail location is scheduled to permanently close on
    October 22, 2014 to make way for a new retail offering. Although details for the new retail location have not been announced, some Cast have speculated that the replacement could be a Jungle Cruise gift shop.

Character Changes

10/16/14
    The Sugar Rush/Game Central Station Meet & Greet in the Magic of Disney Animation Post-Show area will be replaced later this Fall. Disney's Hollywood Studios has announced the space will be replaced by a new Meet & Greet location themed to Hiro's Garage Workshop from the upcoming Big Hero 6 animated feature film. Beginning Mid-Fall 2014, Guests will be able to meet
    Hiro Hamada and Baymax. With this Meet & Greet change, Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz will be retired from the regular, daily character offerings.

A Toast to the High Seas

10/11/14
    La Cava del Tequila, in Epcot's Mexico Pavilion, introduced a limited edition Margarita on October 6th to commemorate the Maelstrom attraction. The Maelstrom Margarita is comprised of Ambhar Tequila Blanco, mango puree, orange liquor, and agave nectar garnished with basil, blueberries, habanero peppers, and a Tajin chili powdered rim. The location has announced through its Twitter account that the adventurous offering will be available until Guests “stop buying it”.

Watching Changes

10/11/14
    The Affection Section area of Rafiki's Planet Watch at Disney’s Animal Kingdom closed for
    refurbishment on October 7, 2014. The area will remain closed for refurbishment through November 10, 2014. In addition to this closure, Rafiki's Planet Watch has added snack options. The Out of the Wild retail location has recently added fruit and ice cream novelty snack items.

Please Don’t Stand by

10/11/14
    The popular Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom has recently changed its Lunch seating. The location has indefinitely ceased operation of its Stand By line for Lunch seatings and is only accepting FASTPASS+ reservations. Cast have yet to report the reason for this change.

Springing Up

10/11/14
    Further changes are coming to Downtown Disney Westside as the area transitions into part of the new Disney Springs area. The Planet Hollywood Merchandise Shop outside of the Planet Hollywood restaurant has been razed. The merchandise counter inside the restaurant remains operational. Two new kiosks are slated to open on the plaza area in front of Fulton's Crab House. Sublime is advertised to carry “gifts and finds” while Set the Bar is advertised to carry “cocktail wares”.

A Picture Perfect Treat

10/11/14
    The Magic Kingdom park has recently introduced a new souvenir option for Guests at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween party. Guests can now purchase a Memory Maker Add-On for their party ticket priced at $39. The Add-On gives Guests all the benefits of a Memory Maker package, but for only the day of the event. Cast has advised that Guests can currently purchase the Add-On at the Transportation and Ticket Center.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Don’t Stand by

10/11/14 The popular Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom has recently changed its Lunch seating. The location has indefinitely ceased operation of its Stand By line for Lunch seatings and is only accepting FASTPASS+ reservations. Cast have yet to report the reason for this change.
    I guess Disney needs to change the name ..'Cause it sounds like you aren't passing anything anymore..the fast pass line is the only line.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that maragarita is still available in three weeks! YUM!
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Please Don’t Stand by

10/11/14
    The popular Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom has recently changed its Lunch seating. The location has indefinitely ceased operation of its Stand By line for Lunch seatings and is only accepting FASTPASS+ reservations. Cast have yet to report the reason for this change.
    While I haven't gone by it in the past few month I can understand this change until the popularity dies down. I watched up to 8 cast members be assigned to watch the standby line for that restaurant. That's a lot of people power dedicated to a slow volume line.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy for pluto View Post
    I guess Disney needs to change the name ..'Cause it sounds like you aren't passing anything anymore..the fast pass line is the only line.
    We ate lunch there on Sunday. We had a FP+ but they WERE still letting people wait in a standby line.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing with the popularity of the new HM gift shop (on the heels of the wildly successful Harry Potter themed gift shops at UO), we will see more of these specialized shops pop up, which I am completely OK with.

I will say, I was a little disappointed with the HM gift shop. We actually had to wait a few minutes to get in, as it was one-in, one-out. The merch was incredible, but the shop itself left plenty to be desired. Was very small/cramped (I know it was put in an already existing building so they didn't have much to work with) and the theming was underwhelming. (SPOILER)The occasional appearance of Leota in the mirror was a neat little touch though.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know whether the Beach Club refurb includes the rooms in the Villas? I believe that work on DVC properties is funded from a separate pot of money, but the Villas there certainly can use some sprucing up.
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

The HM gift shop has some strange hours. It was closed both times we went by there this past weekend.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks Jason!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Marg is still around in the beginning of January, YUM!
    #rundisney

Marathon Weekend Half Marathon: 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015

Next Trip: Wine and Dine Half Marathon-November 2015 (trip 24)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: