Quantcast Again with Barry Bonds - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I hate Bonds just because he's such an arrogant jerk. Steroids or no steroids, I'd still hate him.

He's the epitome of the spoiled, above-it-all pro athlete that I just can't stand.

The Barry Bonds' and the Michael Vick's of the world are ruining pro sports.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    My Rose statement was about his shunned status not about his records. Bonds will and should be shunned. He already is by Hank and that's good enough for me.
    Oh, I totally agree with this. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get voted into the Hall of Fame for the first couple ballots. He will eventually because he probably deserved it even before he did steroids. McGuire, Sosa, and Palmiero may never make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    It was an implied rule.
    Well, I guess we'll just have to disagree. Sorry, but I just don't see how you can punish someone for an "implied" rule.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWacky View Post
    I hate Bonds just because he's such an arrogant jerk. Steroids or no steroids, I'd still hate him.

He's the epitome of the spoiled, above-it-all pro athlete that I just can't stand.

The Barry Bonds' and the Michael Vick's of the world are ruining pro sports.
    You know, the sad thing is many athletes forget what made them want to be a pro athlete. I can't help but think about T. Owens after he caught his first TD pass. The guy openly wept for joy that he had finally been able to achieve his dream. That kind of emotion is what sports is really all about, but that gets forgotten after a few paychecks it seems.
    And as far as Michael Vick goes, he made some poor decisions, but at least he's not a cheater.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    And as far as Michael Vick goes, he made some poor decisions, but at least he's not a cheater.
    I am a "I Bleed Orange & Maroon" Hokie. Before last season, when it just became too impractical, I had season tickets to Virginia Tech since 1992. 14 years. I saw Micheal in college and in person. I rooted for him. I did the same for his brother.

I must strongly disagree. He did not make poor choices. What he made were fully thought out, rational decisions.

And his decisions were very , very wrong.

To label them anything less, would be to almost treat this as an "accident" or a "mistake". No such thing. This was done with complete intention and forethought. No mistake here.

As such, I am completely and utterly disgusted by him. If (and it looks like it will) he is found guilty, I will not shed a tear.

Sorry, off my
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

well i do agree with you, maybe my choice of syntax was not correct there.

what happened in the Vick home? Both Vick brothers have messed up big time and have shown a clear lack of respect, decency or remorse.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry bout that. Hit a nerve, it wasn't you it was me. Its one of those things that makes me feel bad for ever liking the guy.

As for the family, all I can say is that the area they come from does not have the best reputation. It is considered a very "hard neighborhood". Michael was their ticket out. Unfortunately, I think too much of the neighborhood got ino their system (Michael and Marcus') and now it haunts them.

Just like how the players from Miami call it "The U", the high school players from Norfolk/Va Beach/Hampton Roads call it the "757". Any time you get a nickname like that, it never is a "realy good thing". Its more like bragging how tough you are than how proud you are.

As for the Vick/Boddie family, I know that Brenda Boddie (M&M's mom) had several kids, all before Micheal hit it big. I can only hope and pray that those kids avoid making the same decisions that their elder siblings have.
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    By the way, my opinion is that Bud Selig is JUST AS GUILTY (if not more so) as Barry and Rafael Palmeiro.
    AMEN!!!

The players know that as long as both the league management and the individual team management continue to put money as their top priority then they (the players) are never going to have to take the drug policies seriously. What makes this all so sad is that this is the same attitude in other sports as well!

Having been a Human Resource Manager for many years it is frustrating to me to have to fire some guy making $10.00 an hour for failing a drug test and knowing that they are going to go home and watch a rich jerk like Bonds make millions and flaunt his use of steroids in everyone’s face!! It’s no wonder that there is a growing class division in this country.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I personally think that if they are not going to kick Bonds out of baseball for using illegal drugs, they need to reinstate Pete Rose. I know gambling can become a problem and be dangerous, but I would much rather see my child idolize a man who never cheated in the game and gave 110 percent on the field than a no good scum, making millions for cheating and using drugs. It makes me sick that Bonds is still playing. And even more that he will more than likely be put in the HALL. When that happens, the HOF will mean nothing.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

mttafire Guest

Imho..Bonds is only half the player Pete Rose was. Pete was the best ever...he WILL make the H.O.F. before his death!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the thread, very thoughtful things going on here...

has anyone noticed the BLATANT disappearance of the players who you know were juiced? I mean, they are all as small as 15 year old girls...claiming they ate better and tried a new workout routine...please. I was SHOCKED to see what Pudge looked like at the all-star game. OMG! workouts and eating better, PUH-Lease!!!!

Husband keeps making a funny point at how big Barroid's (love that, am going to use it now) head is now. and he means physically. another side affect of those lovely cheater drugs. Next time, check out the size of his melon! and if you happen to catch one of the million stories or interviews check out how his teeth are all spaced out now...uh his head is growing growing GONE. roids, anyone?

Long live Hank Aaron!!

Proud Braves fan since 1980 (yes, even in the dark, ugly years )
    "Stop this foolishness!...What foolishness would you like to see?" Sam the Eagle and Gonzo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    This is what sports is all about. You have thugs in every major professional sport. Pro sports run the world. We have taxes dollars paid for new stadiums by people who will never even attend a game. Barry Bonds is a selfish thug and just one small part of a sports world that needs a reality check.
    How is Barry Bonds a thug? He's a rude jerk and most likely a steroid-using cheater, but a thug? That implies that he's violent or that he's a "gangsta" or something. Just a minor nitpick of mine: "thug" has become a code word for a lot of professional athletes these days and I hate to see it thrown around when it's not warranted.
    1st Trip: 1987 (Off-site)
    2nd Trip: Nov 2003 (All Star Movies)
    Next Trip: Sep 9-15, 2012 (Art of Animation)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Historic Homer?

Welp - he did it.

hip hip hooray <- said sarcastically

I wish he'd just 'fess up and state that he did it, yada yada yada - he could say that he HAD TO - to compete with everyone else doing it (one of "their" arguments)..........

Then they could officially put an asterisk next to it.

Hopefully Ken Griffey Jr or Alex Rodriguez will break it again anyway.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Welp - he did it.

hip hip hooray <- said sarcastically

I wish he'd just 'fess up and state that he did it, yada yada yada - he could say that he HAD TO - to compete with everyone else doing it (one of "their" arguments)..........

Then they could officially put an asterisk next to it.

Hopefully Ken Griffey Jr or Alex Rodriguez will break it again anyway.
    You are making the assumption that Rodriguez or anyone else hadn't used anything. Not every steroids produces obvious mass. Look at the pitchers who have been caught with steroids. There are just as many rumors about pitchers taking steroids pre-2003 as there are position players. To portray like Bonds was the only one is kind of simplistic just because the guy is a nasty to people.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    To portray like Bonds was the only one is kind of simplistic just because the guy is a nasty to people.
    Nope - not because he's nasty. I don't even "know" the guy - as I am an AL fan on the East Coast - so I have no idea what he or his team is doing other than the media reports I read.

I know there are others - Giambi (confessed) Sheffield (sort of confessed by ignorance), Palmiero (got caught in drug test), Sosa (shrunk in size), etc.

How I presumed he (Bonds) took steroids? The info leaked out of the grand jury - and the photographic evidence of his body size changing.......

I am not saying take the record away from him. In my fantasy world - I'd like for him to admit he did it, thus placing an asterisk on it.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

he can chase the HR record all he wants and break it which he did because for one was hank playing when the previous holder before him had the record? i dont think so. hank even made a video in advance to show at the 756th HR celebration last night and he didnt mind. also i have only seen 1 person say anything about the pitchers who threw the ball at him, they have all been scared and trying to walk him intentionally but the pitcher from the nationals last night took the advice and went for him. theyre are pitchers who take steriods, and there are also different types of steriods. you dont know which kind he used so you cant accuse him of using them if you dont know which kind. all im saying is you need to stop being so critical of barry and let him keep the record.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Next Trip: Sometime Soon I Hope!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: