Quote Originally Posted by mickeys_princess_mom View Post
Have been wondering as I read some of the previous posts if people have a clue what teaching is like these days....Yes, many days it is glorious, and you reach the kids with the excitement of learning, and it is such an honor to be a part of these lives...but we wear quite a few hats. Psychiatrist, coach, nurse, law officer, drug enforcement, referee, family counselor, detective, mom, dad, ....This year alone I'm dealing with a personal cancer scare, major surgery, a pregnant girl in my homeroom who went the full term and shared her adventures with the other 150 students in our (did I mention this is SIXth?) grade, neglectful and sue-happy parents, a bi-polar student who has pulled a knife on her brother and sister, a boy who is this close to the edge of giving up because mom is a dopehead who steals his meds and gives him empty capsules and his guardian is his drunk grandmother, another boy who rarely eats and is on the lam as we speak from his homicidal grandmother who kidnapped him for four years previously and is apparently in the area again, Katrina victims in class and on the staff who were on rooftops for days and swam through water pushing bodies out of the way...I am not looking for sympathy here, but just wanted to share what our lives are like sometimes. I personally will be kissing WDW soil very soon, and am so grateful to be able to do so.
Thank you, thank you very much!