Quantcast Fantasmic After Park Hours?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic After Park Hours?

On a couple of the dates we are at WDW in August, Fantasmic has a show time of 9:00, but the park shows a closing time of 8:30. Do they just shuttle out those that are not going to Fantasmic? Just curious if this would make the wait for Fantasmic longer or shorter.

Is it obvious that the normal planning is done, and I am looking for something, anything to distract me from work?
    NYE 2008 and 2009 POFQ
    Aug 2008 and 2009 BWV and Poly
    Nov 2003, Jan 2005 and 2006 - AKL
    May 2001 - CR (work)
    Nov 2000 - CSR
    July 2000 - Hilton offsite (work)
    Nov 1999 - CSR
    Aug 1997 - Sheraton offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When the park closes, and Fant is later than park close. Most everything closes, shops, attractions, etc... It doesn't really have much of an effect on Fantasmic, most of those people would be there anyways because of the limited seating, they also start seating about an hour before show-time.
    “Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
    –Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the shops along Hollywood Blvd stay open a bit later to capture the crowds as they are leaving.
    So, if the park closes at 8:30- it's just the rides, attractions, ride shops and food stands that shut down at 8:30. (If you are seated in a TS restaurant- they don't make you leave right at 8:30)
    Everyone planning to go to Fantasmic that evening will already be in line. The rest of the people will slowly make their way to the front of the park to leave- grabbing last minute purchases in the shops, picking up packages purchased earlier, returning strollers, etc. It takes quite a while to really close the park!

And as far as staying distracted- anything you need to do to avoid work...
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendy*darling View Post
    Actually, the shops along Hollywood Blvd stay open a bit later to capture the crowds as they are leaving.
    I have fallen into that trap on more than one occasion!!! That's where all my money goes! Haha!
    *~*Kate*~*
    "Just keep swimming!" ~ Dory
    "When hinges creak in doorless chambers..." ~ Haunted Mansion
    "I give myself very good advice but I very seldom follow it."
    ~ Alice

Past trips: Too many to count.

Next trip:
    September 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

As to how long the wait may be, on the date you are asking about, are there two shows? If not, then you must line up early to get a seat. If so, then you could see attractions until they closed, and still get a seat. Perhaps not the "best seat", but it is rare for there to be standing room only for the 2nd showing of Fantasmic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: