Quantcast We found the Paint brush, but..

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default We found the Paint brush, but..

We were lucky enough to find one of the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer's Island and received a Fast Pass that can be used anytime to either Splash Mountain or Thunder Mountain. The hunt was fun for the family and we would do it again, but I though you won an all-day Fast Pass for all rides . Did they once give this as a reward or was I just dreaming?
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, its always been the Splash Mtn./ Big Thunder Mtn. fastpass.
    i stopped counting.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what makes Intercot so great. I'm always finding new bits of information. I always skipped TSI because I thought it was just a spot for kids to explore. I had no idea you hunt for stuff and could get a FP. Sounds like my Niece will enjoy this and will definitely have to do it this year.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sagitarius View Post
    I think that's right.
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

I can't really say that it is a "place to hunt for things" per se. The paintbrushes are the only huntable thing, and even a Big Fan like me never heard of this until a couple years ago. I understand to do so, you need to hit it pretty early in the day, as they only hide about 5 of them (but that is what I read, could be wrong), and once they are out, they are out.

But I still think it's a great place to explore, get away from the crowds, and enjoy a different atmosphere and pace than the rest of the park. We almost ALWAYS spend part of an hour or so out there exploring, sitting in the shade, people/kid watching, watching the boats go by, etc!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sagitarius View Post
    The two times we found the paint brush that was the prize as well.
    WDW:
    -Fort Wilderness: 1987-2001, 2002-2006
    total - 172 days
    -Wilderness Lodge: 1995

Last: july 2006 FW
    next: May 2007 FW

Post Thanks / Like

As a former Frontierland CM, I can tell you that it has never been an "all-day, all-ride" FastPass; it's only been the Thunder/Splash entry. The "all-day, all-ride" thing is part of the prize package for the Year of a Million Dreams, and you need to be in the right place at the right time to get those (those are handed out by other Cast).

As a side note, when I worked out west, I made those paint brushes hard to find I'd hide 'em in the caves, in the windmills, in the dark places...I'd make ya work for 'em...LOL
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    As a side note, when I worked out west, I made those paint brushes hard to find I'd hide 'em in the caves, in the windmills, in the dark places...I'd make ya work for 'em...LOL
    Thanks, Main Street Jim... That's the way it should be imho. Hard to find, not just lying out in the middle of a walkway...

And CU Tiger, it's only a one-time pass for Splash Mt. or Big Thunder Mt.

Post Thanks / Like

We found 3 paint brushes one morning, but we were one of first ones there. You have to get there early and they are hidden pretty good, but you just have to keep your eyes open. I am not going to give away where we found them. You have to look for yourself. We were there first thing so it was not crowded and we were actually looking for them.

On a side note, after we found 3 of them(we have 2 boys), we boarding the raft and there was a total of 6 children on the raft.. Another family with 3 children also found 3. There was a 3rd family with 2 children. We gave that family a paint brush and assumed the mom of the other family with 3 paint brushes would do the same. They did not, which was real disappointing. We did receive 2 Fastpasses, but since we already rode Thunder Mtn twice already, we gave one to a newlywed couple. As we were waiting to board the coaster, the father of the family I gave the paint brush to shouted to me and thanked me. They were in the train in front of us. He said he was glad we did that since the line was getting very long. It made my boys feel good we did something nice for 2 families. We did not need 3 fastpasses for BTMR.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    LOL you ever forget where you hid one if it wasnt found that day?
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: