Quantcast Hoop Dee Doo

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Hoop Dee Doo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoop Dee Doo

Hi I am going to Disney in September during free dining, one of my ADR is HDDMR. Last year I went to HDDMR before the seating was seperated in 3 categories. I have made my reservations but I could only get category 3 seating (which I don't mind) but I do mind the time 9:30pm, which is the same time I went last year. It was a little late and my daughter (5) was very tired when the show was over. This year I am going with my sister her son (5) and my daughter (6), my sister wants to do the HDDMR there are time available before 9:30pm but they are all category 1 seating when I spoke with the cast member I asked if I could pay the difference between category 3 and 1 seating and I was told no. I thought (I cannot remember) that I saw a post before that said you could pay the difference if on the DDP. Has anyone done this? Sorry for the long post, thanks for any input!!

Colleen

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to Hoop-Dee-Doo, but I've researched and booked it for our upcoming trip. I have never heard of paying the difference between the categories, and on Intercot's info page (under menus) it doesn't mention it - just that if you're using the dining plan, you'll have to reserve category 2 or 3.

Keep calling. Maybe somebody will cancel!

Post Thanks / Like

1) It is better to pay OOP, than use DDP for HDDR.
    2) You can get Cat-1 seating and really enjoy the show.
    3) Besides, using DDP for HDDR isn't a good bargain, money-wise.
    4) As for "upgrading" to Cat-1, you can't just pay the difference.

NOTE: There is a planned dollar value to each DDP credit (snack, CS, TS) and the new HDDR pricing won't support the Cat-1 price for DDP coupons. The theory is that it was DDP that allowed the separate pricing, because cash-customers were complaining about being frequently relegated to the balcony. Makes a lot of sense. Plus, this let WDW hike the price for HDDR.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yup... do OOP

We came to the same conclusion ourselves (or did I read it hear and think that I thought of it myself?). We went for the first time in early 2006 and that was before the categories. We never tried DDP before (which debuted after 2003, no? that was our previous trip) and still hadn't. Paid OOP and got the front left table ... maybe wearing our bride & groom ears helped snag such a good spot... I suspect it had to do with my involuntary audience participation at the end.

Nearly 1.75 years later (too long!) we're going back and I want cat1 since we'll have the whole family this time that couldn't make it to our WDW wedding. We are also trying DDP for the first time. Based on the DDP cat 2 or 3 policy, and doing the math, it was clear that paying OOP and using the credits for character breakfast buffets (Chef Mickey's!!! ) would be the best deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram View Post
    Based on the DDP cat 2 or 3 policy, and doing the math, it was clear that paying OOP and using the credits for character breakfast buffets (Chef Mickey's!!! ) would be the best deal.
    Is that just because of the cat 1 seating? 2 breakfast buffets will equal less than $40 so how is that better than $50.99-$54.99 for cat 2 or 3?

I'm trying to decide if we should go to HDDMR in September too. We've never been but I think we'd like it.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: