Quantcast Big Brother 8.....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Big Brother 8.....

With all the fall shows airing their season finales,it makes me think of one thing....Big Brother is almost here!! Any other intercotees out there dying for it to get started?
    Supposedly this season will have more twists than ever.I can't wait!!
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I'm always up for a good summer of Big Bro. It's like the worst show on T.V., but for some reason I just can't look away.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what you mean!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle75 View Post
    Supposedly this season will have more twists than ever.
    I've watched Big Brother since season one, and it is my favorite reality show, mainly because you can watch the show online 24/7 in addition to the TV show on 3 days a week. Though what history has shown, there is only one really good twist every year, and the producers really never deliver on all the other so called "twists". I always think they don't go far enough. On Big Brother discussion boards I've seen many good suggestions for twists, and have come up with some myself, things that would keep the houseguests always guessing.

I'm still looking forward to another season. Maybe now that executive producer Arnold Shapiro has left the show after 6 years, they will really try some new things. Allison Grodner (stays as executive producer) and Rich Meehan will be the show runners this year.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I love this unbelievably tacky, tacky show.
    Where do they get these people?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

When does it start? I love reality tv but for some reason have never watched this one. May need to give it a try.
    Everybody's got a laughing place!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeys_princess View Post
    When does it start? I love reality tv but for some reason have never watched this one. May need to give it a try.
    Big Brother usually starts in the first week of July, right after the 4th of July holiday. I've seen start dates of July 5th, and July 7th, so I'm not sure which is correct. The open castings just finished a couple of weeks ago.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to BB8, but I have not decided yet whether or not I am going to get the feeds. If they offer a good advanced deal for those of us that purchased the feeds last year (I think the deal was $30.00 for the entire season last year), I may get the feeds. Otherwise I'll just go to all the Big Brother discussions boards and find out what is going on in the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing could beat last season. It was awesome and we even got the live feed. Being a teacher who has off in the summer, I spent A LOT of time sitting at my computer watching those guys. I'm excited for the new season to start but how can it ever be as good?
    Nikki

1982 - Offsite - 1986 - Offsite - 1990 - Contemorary
    1994 - Polynesian/Wilderness Lodge - 1995 - Dixie Landings/Wilderness Lodge
    1996 - Boardwalk/Wilderness Lodge - 1997 - Offiste
    1998 - Disney Institute - 1999 - Offiste - 2001 - Port Orleans, Riverside
    2003 - Port Orleans, Riverside/ Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore3138 View Post
    Nothing could beat last season. It was awesome and we even got the live feed. Being a teacher who has off in the summer, I spent A LOT of time sitting at my computer watching those guys. I'm excited for the new season to start but how can it ever be as good?
    Both of the seasons that featured "Chill Town" ... Big Brother 2, and Big Brother 7 are among the best of all the seasons. Hopefully Big Brother 8 will be just as entertaining.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

I was watching TV last night and a commerical came on about BB and they said the first show of the season would be 5 July.
    TinkX2

Next Visit - Dec 2017 Pop Century
    Dec 2016 - Pop Century
    Feb 2016 - Coronado Springs Resort
    Dec 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    June 2010 - Off-site
    June 2004 - Old Key West Resort
    May 2003 - All Star Music
    March 2001 - Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, it's official-July 5th!
    I sure will miss the antics of the Chilltown guys! Their "phone calls" were some of the funniest things i've ever seen!
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is interested, the feeds are now available for preorder. If you order now as part of preseason sale you will get the following prices:

6 Month Big Brother/ Superpass deal. Get the entire season of big brother plus 3 extra months of Real Superpass: $44.99 (regularly $59.99)

3 month season- get the entire season of big brother along with Real Superpass for the duration of the season- $29.99 (regularly $39.99) (this is the deal that I chose).

Monthly offer- same as three month season, but you are on a month to month payment- $12.99 (regularly $14.99)

Please note that you must sign up by July 4th using the code BB8EARLY (I think that I can post this since it is a public coupon code that anyone can use). After July 4th all the regular rates apply (see rates listed in () for the rates). To sign up for the live internet feeds, go to real.com/bigbrother and select your payment option. You get a free 72 hour trial (i think) before your credit card is charged. Please note that Real is the exclusive provider of the live internet feeds for big brother. Even if you were to go to cbs.com and choose the live internet feeds link, it would take you to Real's website. Also note that the feeds do not go live until July 5th AFTER the show airs on the west coast at 8PM, so the feeds will probably start around 9PM.

In addition, there will be a new option this year: Big Brother After Dark will air on Showtime Networks Shotoo channel from 12am to 3 am est. time every day. This is in addition to the live internet feeds. If you have the Showtime Networks package from your cable/satellite provider you probably have Shotoo.

Post Thanks / Like

I also can't wait for Big Brother to start. It is the only show I look forward to seeing at night during the summer. All the other stuff lately is pretty lame. I hope this season of BB is as juicy as BB7.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dw2649 View Post
    In addition, there will be a new option this year: Big Brother After Dark will air on Showtime Networks Shotoo channel from 12am to 3 am est. time every day. This is in addition to the live internet feeds. If you have the Showtime Networks package from your cable/satellite provider you probably have Shotoo.
    Thanks for all the info. I'll have to sign up soon. I've had the feeds for all the Big Brother seasons. I don't have Showtime, but I think I'll have to get it now ... at least during Big Brother.

People have been saying for years they should put the stuff that is on the live feed on cable TV, someone finally decided to do it. There are a lot of really great conversations among the houseguest that never make it on TV. Of course some are too colorful, or adult for TV, but many are just funny stories that don't make it because of the time constraints of the weekly show. They could have had an entire show just of the stories Dr. Will Kirby used to tell on his two seasons.

Can't wait for the season to start .... Network TV show, Showtime version, Daily Internet Big Brother Talk Show, and the 24/7 Live Feeds from the house ... Big Brother overload! I'm glad I just bought my wife a laptop today. I will be keeping the other computer busy. I often do live feed transcripts for one of the Big Brother sites.
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cast Annonuced

Variety had pictures of the cast members on their website. I'm sure other Big Brother sites have them too. I didn't see them on the CBS site yet.

'Big Brother 8' announces cast
    CBS show kicks off July 5 at 8 p.m.

By VARIETY STAFF

CBS is making "Big Brother 8" more interactive than past editions, plotting a twist in which one of the game's players will be controlled by the whims of the American public. The networks annual summer sudser, which kicks off July 5 at 8 p.m., has also locked in its cast. It'll once again be a young bunch, with most of the 14 players in their 20s-- and the oldest contestant just 44.

And, in a nod to a past "Big Brother" theme in which players were surprised to find out that their ex-flames had been recruited, this year's cast will include a few pairs of players with unresolved beefs.

The biggest twist, however, is a game element called "America's Player." In a nutshell, that contestant will have the chance to win extra sums of money-- but only if they carry out certain actions mandated by viewers via internet or text message voting. Chosen player might be asked to vote somebody out of the house or something more personal, such as flirting with another player. CBS is hoping the twist will give viewers more of a stake in the outcome of the game, in the same way auds who watch "American Idol" get to shape that competition.

Theme for this year's "Brother" house is "Alice in Wonderland," with a number of eclectic touches throughout the pad (think really big beds and tiny chairs).

CBS has high hopes for this year's edition of "Brother," the Allison Grodner and Endemol USA- produced series that has be-come a summer staple for the network. Its performance is particularly important this year since the net is launching a new fall lineup marked by some particularly ambitious, younger-skewing skeins-- some of which will no doubt be hyped endlessly during "Brother's" run.

That appeal to youth is evident in the makeup of this year's cast. Half are under the age of 25, with one player below the age of 21. Four players hail from the Los Angeles area, and there are no less than three players who work at a restaurant or bar.

And this year's contestants are:

Amber, 27
    Las Vegas
    Separated
    Cocktail Waitress

Carol, 21
    Lawrence, Kan.
    Single
    Student

Daniele, 20
    Huntington Beach, Calif.
    Single
    Waitress

Dick, 44
    Los Angeles
    Single
    Bar Manager

Dustin, 22
    Chicago
    Single
    Shoe Salesman

Eric, 27
    New York
    Single
    Talent Management Assistant

Jameka, 28
    Waldorf, Md.
    Single
    School Counselor

Jen, 23
    Beverly Hills, Calif.
    Single
    Nanny

Jessica, 21
    Haysville, Kan.
    Single
    College Student

Joe, 23
    Chicago
    Single
    Receptionist

Kail, 37
    Married
    Business Owner
    McKenzie Bridge, Ore.

Mike, 26
    Three Lakes, Wis.
    Single
    Painting Contractor

Nick, 25
    Kimball, Minn.
    Single
    Former Pro Football Player

Zach, 30
    Burbank, Calif.
    Single
    Graphic Designer
    Another young cast all but three are in their twenties, and only two are over 35
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

CBS now has there Big Brother 8 website up, with cast member's bios. The house drama is only a few days away ....
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Big Brother starts tonight ... though the houseguests have been in the house for a few days now. Let the plotting, and alliances begin ...
    Chris °O°

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Can't wait for tonight. I've read on their website about two twists: If you don't wanna know twists skip below.

Enemies and America can control a player. Wonder who our player is.

Minor rumor/Possible Spoiler below:

One set of enemies is rumored to be a father and daughter
    All-Star Sports --- July 24, 2004 (My first trip)
    All-Star Sports --- Feb. 11-18, 2006 (Large Family trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the mood for some PB&J.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: