Quantcast yavn.... Makes me want to yell.... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Splash was down for new hydraulics for a few months. So I guess we get to be the crash dummies for that.

I guess Genie and I will be the reporters on the ground to find out what's going on at DLR with VMK. Erin & Monkey, we want to hear a report from tomorrow what Monkey finds out.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    LittleDragonErin Guest

Aye aye Cap'n!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chescat View Post
    So I guess we get to be the crash dummies for that.
    I can help with that
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Was at the park today with my cousins and saw our favorite VMK CM. She told me that they don't know yet how they will be rotated when the kiosk gets removed. So we're not the only ones in the dark. All the cards are well stocked still, so whoever said the Red Space Suit is out was wrong. The Mark Twain was covered up and stowed, so it's not functioning. Big Thunder broke down while we were there, but I'm sure it was up and running again later in the day. The sea gulls at Nemo's Subs are talking and quite annoying when you wait in line for the Matterhorn. (I can only hear "Mine mine mine!" so much in one day.) And the music for Space Mountain and California Screaming are back to normal.

Oh and for anybody going to DLR and planning to eat $30 worth of food or more, don't forget the collectible coins in New Orleans Square. It's the 9 Pieces O' Eight which look really cool. Also at the French Market they were giving out free POTC3 movie posters. Really cool looking. Full cast on one side, Sparrow solo on the other.

Pirate's Lair is also open but from what I saw it still looks the same as before but now the do a stage show on Lafayette's Landing. They set up bleachers for people to watch or you can watch from across the river (a la Fantasmic).

And that's all the news from your local Monkey Pirate.
    -MonkeyBoyJoe
    "So no pirates means no swag and no swag means no grog. And we're getting dangerously low on grog." [Monkey Island]

Post Thanks / Like

Mission a success for Genie and I. Ice I got a surprise for you.

Spent an hour on Pirate Island/Cove/they're not sure what to call it yet. Have to say I really like it. I caught the end of the show from the shore side and its great!

LittleDragonErin Guest

Monkey forgot to mention Splash Mountain was still down the other day too. O_o

:oh and there's a new Dragon CM lanyard series I never heard about that came out 2 months ago! AAAAHHHH!!! Four pins...Maleficent, Pete's Dragon, The Reluctant Dragon and Mushu (who apparently is very difficult to find). Roar them for not telling me in advance. AND..where's FIGMENT?! O_o

Post Thanks / Like

I knew once I read this, there would be an uproar on here! I am so mad about this. I don't want to sound to repetitive, but I would just like to mention a few points.

1. Could this be the end of VMK all together? He did say in the newsletter VMK was made for the 50th celebration (and the celebration has ended)...Also, like Varcity said, Yavn is not posting the newsletters every Monday as much as he used to anymore. I find this strange why his is not doing this. Maybe, he is working on bigger and better things for VMK and that's why he can't write to much as he used to anymore. I don't know, I just feel its time for this great game to end after this
    2. I find that VMK is more closely related to Disneyland then WDW. So I find it funny that they are basically taking VMK out of Disneyland.

All I ask is why? Could the reason be because in DLR, locals can go there and don't spend as much money on hotels and such as in WDW, where mainly tourists go and spend more money? I bet this is all for money matters, and Yavn just does not want to say: 'We are loosing money, so we decided to take the DLR VMK booth out'.

Anyways, I am very sorry for all of you that lost the booth. Lets all plan a trip and meet up with signs saying, "bring VMK back" and "We will hurt you if you don't". I bet in the next week or so, Yavn is going to get a whole lot of hate mail. Yes, and all if it will be from me
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to write letters about the closure, you'll probably need to go higher than Yavn. This would have to be a Disneyland decision, not VMK. He'd also be unable to shed any significant public light on the desicion. Disney is pretty hush-hush with internal matters. You could stop by Guest Services at DLR and drop a line with your concerns.

Also, don't forget, VMK is "gamevertising", simply a tool to advertise the theme parks. Once an advertising campaign has run it's course and isn't having positive results anymore, it's over. It really is supposed to have positive monetary value (yes, it's about money in this case) or it's just a useless expence.

On a side note: I do think (in the future)they could charge a small fee like Club Penguin and keep it going ...but.. it may not be worth it to them with Pirates sailing out on the horizon.

I think for now we should assume it will be staying. They haven't announced anything aside from the booth closing.

Relax and enjoy for now.. and be nice to poor Yavn, he doesn't make in park decisions.

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoyJoe View Post
    The Mark Twain was covered up and stowed, so it's not functioning. Big Thunder broke down while we were there, but I'm sure it was up and running again later in the day.
    Is it just me or is the major rides with FastPasses are always breaking down? In November my family and I went and I think Matterhorn was closed. Then the next time in I think April we went again and Splash Mountain was closed. Is it just me having a bad day? :P
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: