Quantcast Meet SignUp: Saturday Grand Floridian Tea

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Meet SignUp: Saturday Grand Floridian Tea

Please post here if you are going to attend the Grand Floridian Tea which is to be held at 2:00 on Saturday 10/13. Also please post the number of people in your group, breaking down the number of adults and children.

Thanks !
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you tell me how much it costs per person and how much time it takes? Also, what is offered at the tea? I tried to find information at InfoCentral but came up short. Thanks!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

The current plan is for everyone to order off the menu at the tea. The price will vary depending on the tea offering you choose. How long it will be really depends on the person. Usually afternoon tea is served at a leisurely pace, usually taking between 1-2 hours. Every time I go to a proper afternoon tea like at the GF, it usually last around 90 minutes

Here is the listing I received from the Garden View Lounge manager:

Afternoon Tea Offerings

The Grand Tea - The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of Domaine Ste.-Michelle sparkling wine and your choice of tea. $25.50 per guest (Example of tea sandwiches may include: cucumber with watercress, shrimp salad with dill, chicken salad with almonds, grilled pear with gorgonzola, and egg salad, each on a different bread.)

Prince Edward's Tea - A delicious array of assorted pates, and English Blue Stilton, the "King" of English cheeses, served with marinated fresh berries, and Cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious fresh-baked scones served with rich Devonshire cream. Your choice of our tea with a glass of our Fonseca Bin 27 Character Port. $21.00 per guest

Buckingham Palace - Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complemented by fresh strawberries and cream, or a selection of freshly baked pastries, along with your choice of tea. $19.50 per guest

Sally Lunn Tea - Sally Lunn bread dates back to the 18th century where it was baked fresh, then sold on the streets of Bath England by the creator. Here at the Grand Floridian, we have carried on this tradition of this sweet yeast bread served lightly toasted with apricot preserves. This is followed by a choice of either trifle or strawberries and cream, along with your choice of tea. $13.50 per guest.

Mrs. Potts Tea - For the young tea lover in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our Mad Hatter tea (chocolate milk), followed by a choice of two pastries $10.50 per guest

A La Carte Offerings

British Cheese Plate - a selection of traditional British cheeses, served with an array of seasonal fruit $12.50

Gentleman's Tea Platter - house-made duck and cherry terrine, chicken & pork roulade, country pate en croute, accompanied by marinated berries, cumberland sauce and English Blue Stilton $10.50

Plate of Assorted Tea Sandwiches - $8.50

English Blue Stilton Cheese - served with walnuts and marinated berries $6.95; served with Foncesca Port $12.75

Strawberries and Cream - $6.95

English Trifle - $6.95

Freshly Baked Scones with Devonshire Cream and Preserves - $3.50

Two Jam Tarts - $3.50

Sally Lunn Bread - $3.50

Lemon Pound Cake - $3.50

Pastries $2.75 each

Specialty Drinks include: Brandy Alexander, Champagne Cocktail, Grand Mimosa - $7.50

A variety of beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic are available)

Non-Alcoholic:
    Press Pot Colombian Coffee $5.95
    Press Pot Colombian Decaf Coffee $5.95
    Espresso $3.19
    Cappuccino $3.69
    Hot Chocolate $2.19
    Milk (hot or cold) $2.19
    Chocolate Milk $2.19
    Coke, Sprite, or Diet Coke $2.19
    Apple or Orange Juice $2.29
    Mineral Water $3.25

Selections from the bar:
    Fonseca Bin 27, Character, N.V. $7.00
    B & B $9.00
    Budweiser $6.00
    Miller Lite $6.00
    Coors Light $6.00
    Samuel Adams $6.50
    Heineken $6.50
    Bass Ale $6.75
    Stella Artois $6.75

Champagne and Sparkling Wine:
    Taittinger La Francaise Brut, N.V. $74.00 per bottle
    Moet et Chandon White Star, N.V. $74.00 per bottle
    Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee Brut, Sonoma '97 $10.50 per glass, $55.00 per bottle
    Domaine Ste.-Michelle, Blanc de Blanc, Columbia Valley $7.50 per glass, $34.00 per bottle
    Martinelli Sparkling Cider $5.50 per glass, $22.00 per bottle

*Wine and Spirits available upon request.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for setting this up! We will have 3 - myself, my husband and our 13 year old daughter.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    I tried to find information at InfoCentral but came up short.
    It's listed under the dining caption. 5 up from the bottom of that category.

Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Christine, it will be me and Piglet822. Still undecided at this point, but DS might be along as well. I'll let you know.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Christine - another two here. Andrew says that Figaro will be there but he won't be eating or drinking!
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

We have dinner ressies at 4:20 in EPCOT, do you think I can make them if we go to Tea at 2:00?
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    We have dinner ressies at 4:20 in EPCOT, do you think I can make them if we go to Tea at 2:00?
    It could be a close call making a 4:20 ADR at Epcot as you should probably leave the Grand Floridian by 3.

My bigger concern would be that you will not be hungry for your dinner at 4:20. It is a decent amount of food if you do one of the tea offerings. I'm not a light eater and it is replacing lunch for me and we will eat a counter service dinner around 7:30. Now, if you plan to just have an a la carte beverage, you should still have your appetite for dinner.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Hammer,
    I think this sounds like so much fun! My daughter and her friend have declined, I haven't made my mind up yet. I'll let you know something shortly!

UPDATE:
    I have decided to not make this event due to dinner reservations. I hope everyone has a great time though and I'll meet you back at Epcot later that evening for Illuminations!

Thanks for taking care of this!
    deb
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Me and I'm going to drag DH. He doesn't know yet so I'm not even telling him

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Even worse, I'm bringing my 9 year old son and he has no idea the place will probably be swarming with little girls in princess costumes! He approves of the menu though.

Please count the two of us in, Christine!

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    Even worse, I'm bringing my 9 year old son and he has no idea the place will probably be swarming with little girls in princess costumes! He approves of the menu though.

Please count the two of us in, Christine!

Your son is probably safe from being overrun by little girls in princess costumes ! This is the regular tea, not a Perfectly Princess Tea Party.
    Christine ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's a relief! Still he's too young to know that in the U.S. tea is usually a girl thing. Any time I've been to tea there has been nary a guy in sight! At least he'll have Mr. Garibaldi, Mr. Katzateer, and Figaro's friend, Andrew, there as a male influences. (And Ben, I hope!)

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Christine, please put me down as a two adults for sure and one more possible. Waiting on her college class schedule, we're hoping she can join us in the World for a few days. Should know in a week or so if she can make it or not.

Thank You for setting this up!
    Cher (aka TheSorcererofFantasia)

If you live each day to it's fullest you will never have regrets . . . there is no rewind.

4/15/55 - 4/7/08 Til we meet again
    2/25/87 - 4/27/11 Always & forever in my heart & soul BKB!

Next DVC Trip:
    AKL Jambo Kilamanjaro 1 bedroom Unit Sept 10th - 24th

Post Thanks / Like

At least he'll have Mr. Garibaldi,

Actually, that's not are name.
    His screen name is garguy though

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Christine,
    Put us down for 2 (DH and me).
    We are still not sure if we are bringing our DD (13), you might want to include her for now and we can cancel if she does not come.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds like a great afternoon activity....My 8-year-old daughter and I would love to do tea!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgaribaldi View Post
    Actually, that's not are name.
    His screen name is garguy though
    I actually figured that. But I thought it was less awkward than saying "that guy who is married to the lady who calls herself Mrs. Garibaldi on these boards." I may have been trying to sound humorous too. You never know!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually figured that. But I thought it was less awkward than saying "that guy who is married to the lady who calls herself Mrs. Garibaldi on these boards." I may have been trying to sound humorous too. You never know!

LOL, I burst out laughing when I read this I was just letting you know that's all. I think it was very humorous then and now. Could you call my husband the above when you meet him??? I would die laughing all over again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: