Quantcast Partial Closure - Animal Kingdom Lodge [Merged Threads] - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    lockedoutlogic Guest

I don't think they will ever give tours at AKL for the DVC sales...

they built the full mock ups at Saratoga for a reason...they can lure you in and complete the sales in the building next door....sale, financing, title work...it all can be done in short amount time.

I don't think they ever plan on putting a sales office at aKL...and would only go that route as a last resort.

They might take you over to let you look around...but even that might give the customer enough time to change his/her mind...
    We'll see once the new building gets up and running.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

If akl was going to be my home dvc id like to see it before signing on the dotted line.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

mprewitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moe513 View Post
    If akl was going to be my home dvc id like to see it before signing on the dotted line.
    Before we bought, we spent time at AKL walking around, checking out the savannah with the animals, and eating at both Jiko and Boma. We loved the look and feel of AKL.

Then, we took the DVC tour at SSR and saw the models of the new AKV rooms.

We became DVC members right then and there!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Just back from AKL!

Hi All!
    We just got back from AKL, so I thought I would pop in here and let you know our thoughts.

First, we were very happy with our room. We stayed in room 4513 on the Zebra Trail overlooking Arusha Rock. We saw lots of animals; kudu, giraffe, ankole cattle, blesbok, bongo and more. None of them seemed concerned or bothered by the consruction.

Secondly, there are still people checking in to the resort. It seemed well attended, especially on the concierge level, where we were lucky enough to stay this time. We were told that the construction is ahead of schedule.

As far as hearing any contruction noise, I am very happy to report that we heard nothing in our room. There was some noise that could be heard in the lobby area. Sometimes, if we were out on the balcony, we could hear a saw in the distance. That was it. It never disturbed our naps, our enjoyment of the resort or the animals.

And we bought DVC at AKLV, so it is now our home resort!
    Meg
    DVC Owner at AKV and BCV
    Upcoming Trips
    6/11--AKV & BCV with Kim & Gary
    8/11--Alaska on the Disney Wonder
    6/12--AKV with Jess, BCV just the two of us
    6/14--AKV & BCV just the two of us

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much, I am so glad to hear it. I will rest at ease that we will not be affected by the construction. I have triple checked with Disney and we are not moving so I am glad to hear the AKL will be enjoyable.

2007, 2010, 2011 2013 - Polynesian
    2008 - AKL & Radisson (main gate)
    2005 - AKL
    2003 - AKL & Quality Inn (Int'l Drive)
    1998 - Quality Inn (Int'l Drive)
    1995 - Off Site
    1994 - EuroDisney
    1987 - Grosvenor & Hyatt Orlando
    1983 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to make this as concise as possible, yeah right!

Booked CSR for 3 adults with dining and tickets, August 15 - 19. We then check into the BCV studio that I rented.

Came across a code that was only valid for 48 hours that I was able to use for AKL and ended up paying $27.00 less then the original reservation at CSR for 3 adults.

Called and was told by Central Reservation that if we had not already received a call we would be OK.

Called about 4 days later and was told the same thing.

Called a week later and was told that everyone was being moved (I don't think that was correct but it was what I was told) and she tried to get the Outbound group (people taking care of moving the guests) on the phone but the line was busy. She put me through and told me to leave a message for a call back which I did.

Received a call back within a half hour and asked if we were going to be effected by the moves. She asked for my reservation number and said yes that I would be receiving a call to move. They are doing them in chronological order by room type. I said I was being proactive and would like to know my options at this time. I was offered SSR 1 bedroom with no refund because our rate was so low to begin with or WLV 1 bedroom. I explained that we are staying at the BCV for part 2 of this trip and would not want to stay at a vacation club. We were then given the option of BWI, YC or WL wich I also turned down. The BWI and YC because we are staying at the BC and WL because although I love the lobby I really hate the rooms. She asked me where we had never stayed and I said CR (my 18 year old daughters first choice if we had to move) or the Poly. She checked CR and said that it would only be availble two nigjts so that wouldn't work but that she could get me into a garden view at the Poly or something at the GF. I jumped on the Poly because we really don't care for the GF even though it is the top of the line resort, just not our style. I backed out the dining and tickets and we are paying for 3 adults, garden view at the Poly $168.34 per night. Even for AKL that was a GREAT deal!

Still would love to stay at AKL one day but need another one of those great deals. The Diseny Gods are looking down on me for this trip I just hope they are as kind for the next.
    Cheryl
    Uncle Steve's house 12/1972
    Offsite 08/1983
    POFQ 10/1993
    BWV 10/1996
    POR 09/2000
    CSR 06/2005
    ASMU February 15 to 20th, HS Band Trip

Post Thanks / Like

So I guess I should call again and be persistant. Every time I call I am re assured by the front line rep that everything will be fine. I am just so afraid of everything filling up if we have to move.

2005 - AKL
    1995 - Off Site
    1994 - EuroDisney
    1983 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly especially because we had a standrad view, cheapest rooms at AKL. I'm glad we made the change when we did, helps to be able to plan our visit. We still plan on eating at Boma and touring the resort to see what we missed.
    Cheryl
    Uncle Steve's house 12/1972
    Offsite 08/1983
    POFQ 10/1993
    BWV 10/1996
    POR 09/2000
    CSR 06/2005
    ASMU February 15 to 20th, HS Band Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I got the phone call today and we have been moved to the Polynesian. I am pleased that we are there if we cannot be at the AKL. The only issue is trying to find dining arrangements now everything is booked. Oh well.

2005 - AKL
    1995 - Off Site
    1994 - EuroDisney
    1983 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

ScottyP,

The Polynesian has probably some of the best transportation options at WDW, so you may not need to worry about changing any dining arrangements. If you have any transportation questions for your ADRs, I would recommend you start another thread here in Accommodations and I am sure fellow Intercotees will help you out.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I am staying at AKL in a standard room on Labor Day weekend. Has anybody been contacted yet about moving during that time period?

I called a week ago and was told they were not moving people in August as of yet but obviously that is not true based on the last posts.

I am staying at OKW for 5 days and then added 2 extra days at AKL as a surprise. I hope I won't get bumped. I already paid $200 extra to move the flights and would hate to end up some place other that AKL.

Any info is appreciated.

Greg.

Post Thanks / Like

I would count on being moved. We had a Standard view for August 26- 2 and we got the call last week. If you are affected you have to move. They were very accomodating and moved us to the Polynesian after offerering Saratoga Springs first.

2005 - AKL
    1995 - Off Site
    1994 - EuroDisney
    1983 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I are staying at AKL very soon.... We are leaving tomorrow for the airport and I haven't heard anything. Would they phone people or the travel agent who have booked from England or would they wait to tell you when you get there? We have booked a standard view (with 2 double beds) Does anyone know if we will be effected by this part closure?
    Am very worried now from reading about the part closure..

Thankyou for your help

Hayley.

Post Thanks / Like

Hayley, if you booked through an agent and they haven't received a call yet, you are probably all set. I have not heard of anyone being moved upon arrival. You can always have your travel agent double check by calling Disney. At least you'd know for sure and won't be worrying the whole way over.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I would ring travel agent but, i won't as I know what they are like. They would probably, say if u don't like it then cancel it... They haven't even told us that there's any type of construction going on at the hotel, which they are suppost to do before hand. My mum will sort things out over there if there's any trouble. It's just me worrying that we will get there and the hotel will be in a mess and we won't have a room haha!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *Lil Hayley* View Post
    I would ring travel agent but, i won't as I know what they are like. They would probably, say if u don't like it then cancel it... They haven't even told us that there's any type of construction going on at the hotel, which they are suppost to do before hand. My mum will sort things out over there if there's any trouble. It's just me worrying that we will get there and the hotel will be in a mess and we won't have a room haha!
    I think you will be fine. They won't make you sleep in the street. If AKL is not able to accommodate you, they will move you to another resort. Because they haven't called you yet, I think you'll be okay. AKL, from what I understand, is still open, but with less rooms than originally planned. I wouldn't worry too much about it, although if it makes you feel better and doesn't cost a fortune, you could call the AKL yourself and confirm your reservation.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh right cool, thanks for your help...

I think it's just the unknown thats worrying lol

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: