Quantcast Partial Closure - Animal Kingdom Lodge [Merged Threads] - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand your irritation with being left in the dark on the situation, and getting your heart set on a particular resort only to find out that it won’t be what you expected, but (sorry, but I’m always a super optimist) look in the bright side, Disney tends to be quite accommodating when it comes to stuff like this and I’m sure you’ll end up in a very nice resort. Personally, the Deluxe resorts are out of our price range, except WL & AKL since they are the lowest price, so I, personally would love if we had booked one of those and only paid for one of the “cheaper” deluxe and got to stay at one of the deluxe resorts that we never could have afforded otherwise, like the Boardwalk or the Polynesian. Just my thoughts on the matter at least, but I can understand the initial frustration of having plans made and then suddenly changing, sorry that your disappointed, but I’m sure you’ll be pleased in the long run.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

YOU call Disney directly and demand satisfaction. Bypass AAA for the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

My mother said she wants to give the AAA representative a chance since he has been so good to us so far but if she doesn't get through we will be calling ourselves.
    ~ Tinker Barb ~

Please stand clear of the doors... Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas..."

83',84',85',86',87',88',89',90',91',92'
    93' twice,94',95',96',01'-Honeymoon

Next Trip: Aug. 12th 2007!

MBL_Motorsport 2007

Post Thanks / Like

We have dinner plans at Boma in late August and I was really looking forward to exploring the resort a bit. I had heard previously that it was only certain areas of the resort that were closing. This is not good news, more especially for you than for me.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Unless something changed very recently, the whole resort is not closed.

Certain sections are being closed due to the construction and Guests in those sections are being transfered.

See Partial Closure of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge for details.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

mttafire Guest

IF all the info is correct and IF you cannot get a room at AKL then there really isnt anything you can do. Just go on your vacation and stay some place else. You WILL still have the time of your life! I think we all have had things not go our way at times,Its better just to deal with it positively and not get upset. Chalk this up as one of those..."we dont get what we always want". Remember YOU'RE at DISNEY!!! Be thankfull and just have a magical time!! May i suggest POFQ or W.L.

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago when Port Orleans French Quarter was being refurbished, we had friends who had reservations there. They had made their reservations about a year in advance. So, at the time the reservations were made, Disney did not know when the refurbishment would be. Evidently, they don't cancel reservations that were made when they find out dates of construction. They just don't make new reservations for that time. I guess they figure most people would be delighted with an upgrade. When our friends showed up for check-in, they found out they had been upgraded to Yacht and Beach Club for the same price as what they were expecting to pay at POFQ. Talk about a sweet upgrade!!!! Our friends were pleasantly surprised, and they had the best stay ever. Refurbishment and closure of rooms is not always a bad thing. I hope it works out well for you.
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awful. If you had your heart set on akl theres really nothing similiar.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

mprewitt Guest

I'm sure it's upsetting to get the call, but I hope you still have a magical Disney vacation at another Deluxe (or DVC) resort.

Disney is either upgrading folks to better (more expensive) accomodations for free, or giving you cash back. They are trying to do the right thing...

Post Thanks / Like

family of 12?? and now you have to move?? wow, that is tough. i know i would be pretty darn mad. i hope disney can move you to one of the other deluxe or dvc resorts. but still, the akl is so unique....

i do have my favorites, but personally, i would be happy at any of the deluxes. pros and cons for each.

good luck though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    IF all the info is correct and IF you cannot get a room at AKL then there really isnt anything you can do. Just go on your vacation and stay some place else. You WILL still have the time of your life! I think we all have had things not go our way at times,Its better just to deal with it positively and not get upset. Chalk this up as one of those..."we dont get what we always want". Remember YOU'RE at DISNEY!!! Be thankfull and just have a magical time!! May i suggest POFQ or W.L.
    Thank you for your positive thinking statement BUT personally I would be totally upset since this is something your look forward to and PAY big money for the exact resort. Disney should either offer equivalent or upgrade or refund all money. It's not a matter of getting your way, it's a matter of getting what you paid for!

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SallyP View Post
    Thank you for your positive thinking statement BUT personally I would be totally upset since this is something your look forward to and PAY big money for the exact resort. Disney should either offer equivalent or upgrade or refund all money. It's not a matter of getting your way, it's a matter of getting what you paid for!
    The only way there will be a total refund is a cancellation of the entire vacation..(Silly to do that). Also,I have NEVER seen Disney NOT give an upgrade for this type of situation. No, the original poster as it looks will not be staying at the AKL. (poop happens) BUT They will im almost 100% sure receive an upgrade or equal resort cost switch. Im not saying is not ok to be dissapointed. Its just not going to get them anywhere being upset.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry your plans are changing. I know that can be disappointing. If you booked your vacation through AAA, I don't think you can call WDW directly. I think AAA has to make any changes to your reservation. This has been going on for a few weeks now and I am surprised your agent didn't know.

That said, I would look online and see what deluxe resorts are available for your dates. I certainly wouldn't accept anything less than deluxe. I know most people are being offered DVC accomodations at Saratoga Springs but it's up to you if you consider that acceptable. (Some do and some don't and I'm not saying either way.)

Good luck!
    Christina - DVC member
    SOG, VWL, OKW, AKL, ASMu, PC, POFQ, CSR, POLY, POR, BWV,SSR, CR, CBR, AKV, BCV
    Next trip- Nov 28- Dec 6

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand being upset but like other posters have said Disney will try to do whatever they can to accomodate you.

For our honeymoon they closed CBR where we had reservations. They offered us either of the other moderates for no extra cost, which I explained wasn't really what we looking for as POR wasn't our style and CS is themed after the desert southwest and hello, we live here. Anyhoo, she offered us the Poly for a fraction more money. It was truly the trip of a lifetime. We had the best time in one of the best resorts on property.

I would really just be understanding but explain your disappointment and see what they can do to accomodate you. I wouldn't let it ruin my whole trip. Good luck to you!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

lockedoutlogic Guest

A few tips (i might have worked a resort that was shutdown...fall 02)

Call Disney and ask them directly....don't let the travel agent do it if they don't get immediate results. WDW resort CMs do not like travel agents as a general rule....only the CRO wholesale have extensive dealings with them in the first place....
    Frontline CMs are presented with "my travel agent told me this..." stories on an almost daily basis...causing a natural (if somewhat unjustified) reaction.

Disney's policy as present is to sidegrade those displaced by overselling, maintenance, group overbooking, or rehabs. That means that many still will try to move you into a hotel of the same price. I never sidegraded anyone...if the mod i worked at wasn't available...the only numbers on the telephone were Y&B, WL, AKL, and Contemporary....the other three deluxes...well....that's a different story
    Sidegrades are an absolute no-no in the hotel industry that should not be reasonably accepted. By not providing the stated accomodations...they broke their end of the contract.

Do not let them side grade you or slam you into OKW or Saratoga if you don't want it. In the end, you will win.

But with that advice...there a stipulation....do not yell, threat, or file a lawsuit....
    you will get farther with every disney employee if you are polite and reasonable.
    They are not afraid of your yelling...they hear it everyday...
    ...and those that do it end up with less about 99% of the time.

They will find a way to accomodate you....continue to shake the tree...just don't attempt to snap it in half.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
    ScottyP, if you haven't been called yet and your reservation is not marked for relocation, then you are most likely in a room that's not being affected. At this point, the decision would be yours. If you think it will be disruptive, then I suggest looking online at which resorts have availability during your vacation dates, call Disney reservations and ask to speak with someone handling the AKL relocations.

For what it's worth, chances are if you are in your room, with the balcony doors closed during nap times, you probably won't notice too much noise. Of course, that all depends on what they are working on.
    Not to be too synical but I can't seem to help it: How can they know that you won't be inconvenienced/disturbed by noises if the rooms are not assigned until 2-3 days before you arrive? With a little one, I do not know if I would chance it (unless you would be willing to move after a day if the noise/disruption was bad)

Post Thanks / Like

vamaggie, to the best of my knowledge, the partial shutdown was due to interior construction that required the loss of an additional floor. Relocating some guests really has nothing to do with construction noise, only that they've had to take more rooms out of inventory than originally expected. So, it really doesn't have to do with someone being inconvenienced or disturbed by noise, it's about physically not having a room to put the guest into. Those that haven't been called, are simply booked in an area of the resort that is still open and operational.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Are the resturants closing ??? And if its only a partial closure how do they decide who has to move? Im sure they havent done room assignments a month ahead of time. And if its for example standard rooms there closing I dont think there closing ALL standard rooms so who gets the call to relocate?? Thanks.

Also, if you are interested in buying into the dvc are they giving tours during this time.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moe513 View Post
    Are the resturants closing ???
    No, the partial closure is affecting some room inventory, that's all.
    And if its only a partial closure how do they decide who has to move? Im sure they havent done room assignments a month ahead of time.
    From a logistical point of view, I'm sure that they are doing room assignments and blocking. That's the only way they can give guests enough time to consider alternate plans. I don't know what the selection process if it's only affecting a certain percentage of rooms in category, but my guess is that it's completely random.

For what it's worth, the relocation seems to have slowed down and I haven't heard of anyone getting the phone call lately. They must expect to get those rooms back into inventory by the end of August/beginning of September.

Also, if you are interested in buying into the dvc are they giving tours during this time.
    I do know that at least 1 Jambo unit has been opened for occupancy. I don't know if they're giving tours yet.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tammi for answering my questions.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: