Quantcast Air Tran RANT!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Air Tran RANT!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Air Tran RANT!

Sorry, I had to take a minute to rant about our Air Tran flight in September. I got ANOTHER e-mail from them saying that our flight had changed. This makes the THIRD time they have changed our flight in as many weeks.

Our original flight was arriving at MCO at 10:05 p.m. Our Second flight was arriving at 7:35 p.m., and now our latest is arriving at 5:35 p.m. Talk about aggravating!

Makes me want a

Kellie
    Kellie

Sept 03- Contemporary (Pre-Deployment)
    May 04- Aug 05- OEF Deployment
    Sept 05- Poly (NO KIDS!!)
    Sept 07- POFQ (Free Dining!!)
    Nov 07- SOG (Solo Shopping Trip)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that really makes me NOT want to use them. I'm still trying to get my brother a decent flight, and I've been looking at Air Tran. Maybe not! Good luck, hope you've been changed for the last time!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have that problem with AirTran (I used two different airlines last year) I had the problem with (I belive) American Airlines? They changed my flight and I called up and said this was not acceptable that the new flight didn't fit into my plans and they needed to change it. Be stern! If you changed your plans it would cost you money but they can change it with no penalty? I think not! Remember, you are the customer and if you aren't happy, they shouldn't be happy. Good luck!
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

They did that to me when I flew AirTran in 06. However, when I called I was able to switch to a different flight that was actually a better time for me that the original booking. So, if that time doesn't work for you I would call and talk to them.
    Jan/Feb 2006- Pop Century
    Oct 2004- Pop Century
    Feb 2002- Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

My sister is meeting us in Orlando via AirTran in Sept. She too has received at least 2 emails about flight changes. Luckily, the changes aren't as drastic as yours and all of our plans should still work. However, it is very frustrating. She is concerned it will change again and not work with our plans.

I agree with snifflesmcg that if it doesn't work with what you have planned, you should call and complain.

I spent an entire day in the Atlanta airport with AirTran and said I would never fly them again. However, the low fares make it difficult not to use them so I had to eat my words. Just be glad that no matter how annoying they are, you are going to WDW
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, ours only changed by a few minutes. Can't you cancel and go with somebody else then?
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

I just got an email with time changes for our September flights but the biggest time change is only about 10 minutes, so not enough to affect our plans. What's odd is that I have flown AirTran almost exclusively for at least 5-6years and have never had a flight changed on me, other than those last minute 10 minute delay type of things. I just hope I don't get anymore change emails.
    laughter is timeless. imagination has no age. and dreams are forever.

Past Disney World Trips:
    2/97, 4/98, & 4/00 offsite
    7/06 Honeymoon @ CSR, 9/07 @ Pop with MNSSHP, 2/09 @ POR, 12/09 @ CBR with MVMCP, 1/11 @ CSR
    Next Trip:
    12/15 @ Pop! First trip with 2 little princesses!

Post Thanks / Like

At least you got an email. In January I flew Delta. I saw people here on intercot complain about Delta changing their flight times, so I checked my flights to be safe. Good thing I did, they changed the time on one flight so much that I would have missed my connecting flight by two hours if I hadn't changed it. I recieved no notification whatsoever about the change.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airtran - BE FOREWARNED!

It's hard to not fly when the prices are lower....but, on the other hand I think Airtran's Customer Service is worse than any other airline (actually, I think it's non-existent!). We've had a variety of issues with them ranging from lost luggage with a "who cares" attitude" and torn up luggage with a "oh that's just typical wear and tear" comment...NOT! However, this past May we we planning on leaving WDW on Monday morning and went to do online check in. They had changed our flight to a time that made it impossible to make the connecting flight we were scheduled on....with no notice, nonetheless. We called and they said, "oh, yeah - it does look like you'll miss the connecting flight - guess you'll just need to spend the night in Atlanta." Fortuantely, we insisted that they change the flight the next morning (if we were going to be stuck somewhere it was going to be Disney NOT Atlanta!). It cost $200 for the hotel that night which they refused to reimburse - even though the change was their fault and it was not due to weather. ARRGGGGHHH!H

I suggest everyone check in EARLY the day of your flight to find out if Airtran has pulled any tricks on you!
    Disney Trips:
    (daytrip) May 1990; (WL) March 2000 - When I fell in love with the "magic"!!; (GF) December 2000; (CS) March 2001; (AKL) September 2001; (Poly) December 2001; (AKL) September 2002; (Poly/GF) December 2002; (BC) October 2003; (Poly) December 2003

Post Thanks / Like

Air tran changed our August return flight from 10 am to 3 pm they gave us the option to change our flight within 24 hours before or after our oringinal flight time. I was told if i could not find another flight that worked for me they would refund my money.We went with a flight the following day at 11 and extended our disney trip from 8 to 9 days.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys make me really happy I only live about 160 miles away and can make it there by car in 2 1/2 hours!! Sorry about your flight and hope you have an awesome trip!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep...

Post Thanks / Like

Air Tran messed up our Oct flights, giving us less time in the parks. We called them and said that since they didn't send an email about the time changes (it says you get an email.. nope!), and NONE of the flights would work for us, we canceled and got all our money back.

We then booked on American that gave us even MORE time than the ORIGINAL Air Tran times, for a mere $5 more.

I wouldn't have known about the flight time changes if it weren't for Intercot. Someone else's flight was changed, so I looked it up, and that's how I found out.

Hope you can change some things around.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm finding that a lot of airlines have nonexistant customer service. Sorry to hear about your woes and hopefully you'll actually get to WDW on the day you plan.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: