Quantcast Why are you going to WDW this year? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going with the person I love most in the world...my girlfriend. She has been really stressed out going to grad school and she really needs a great vacation! (Although it will be far from relaxing).
    Mike D.

Coronado Springs: Aug 2008
    Pop Century: 2007
    Port Orleans French Quarter: 2006
    All Star Music: 2005
    Offsite: 1994

LETS GO YANKEES

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to WDW for my 50th birthday, because you can't grow older at Disney!!!! Plus it will be all decorate for Christmas!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Why? Well....I plan to go to Disney at least once a year for as long as I possibly can!! Our last family trip was in 2005 and when I do not go with my family I go on a "girls" trip. Sometimes it's my sister and I, sometimes it's my sister, my cousin and me.

This year it will be my sister, my 3rd daughter who is 16 and her best friend.

My sister and I were hoping our DH's would surprise us with a trip like they did last year, just a long weekend, but it has not happened yet...we are still hoping!!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berri_boo View Post
    We're going for a two reasons......

1: We just had to go back again
    &
    2: This trip is our last big trip for a very long time because we want to start a family !
    You sound much like us. When we had a small honeymoon, we promised ourselves that we'd always go on vacation on our anniversary. However, we didn't have the money this year, so I volunteered to teach summer school , and we've got the money! Since we're also wanting to start a family soon , and I refuse to go to Disney while preggers and not ride ToT and RnRC, we're going to WDW for our 2nd anniversary! It'll be DH's second trip, but first in 17 years (he remembers only IASW and chili in EPCOT), and my fourth trip, but first in 6 years.

Actually... three days from right now, we'll be on the plane!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Why are you going to WDW this year?

2007 is our year. We got married in January and had purchased annual passes in October 2006 to have all year... So...

1.) October 2006- technically not this year, but within a year, right? We decided to take a pre wedding trip and left the next day. Very spur of the moment.
    2.) January 2007- our Honeymoon!!
    3.) May 2007- my parents are DVC members and that's when they were taking their trip. Since we have annual passes we could go on the cheap, it was great! Loved the Flower and Garden Festival!
    4.) September 2007- squeezing in one last trip before the annual pass expires. Original plans were to return in October, but Free Dining was too good to pass up so that's when we're going. Can't wait to be there again!

In conclusion.. Mostly we went to WDW this year because we got married this year. Everything revolves around that. Since we were going on our Honeymoon in WDW (where else??) it made since to make this year even more special by purchasing annual passes and the rest just sort of fell into place. There's a fair chance that we won't be returning to WDW until 2009 so we have to make a lot of memories to fill in that time!

Great thread by the way, it's a lot of fun to see why everyone's going!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Because we can't take missing a year!! I thought we were going to miss it this year because I took a year off and went back to school for a certification and I didn't have a promise of a job to return to. It turns out I did get a good teaching job for the fall so we will have the $$ to go back! I made ressies for over Thanksgiving break.

I made the ressies the day after I got my job offer I made a room only ressie since I won't have my salaried paycheck back until the first week of September. God I miss my salary paychecks!!

Oh, and DH is just as bad as I am - he can't wait to go back either!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I are going because it has just been too long...and yes I could not take it anymore. It has been since 1998 for me and for DH 1986 when he was 5yrso old.
    Jan 1991--Off-site Condo
    Jan 1995--Off-Site Condo
    April 1998- Off-site & Dixie Landings
    Sept 2007- CBR (1st trip with husband...make that BWI...just upgraded 06/06/07...YEAH!!!
    )

Post Thanks / Like

I would go NUTS if I didn't get at least one trip a year.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the fun of it and we're homesick for Disney World. We came home from our last trip on Jan 7, 2007 and it's way too long!!!

Post Thanks / Like

With my husband and son in school now we couldn't get spring breaks to line up so we figured the only other time would be christmas as we have done summer and didn't like it. Plus it will be nice spending the holidays together as a family and not having to split our day between grandparents, just between minnie and mickey. Lol
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to WDW this year, I haven't been since 2005

Anyone who remembers me from when I used to post lots will know how **** this has been for me. I was used to going EVERY year without fail.

The last time I was in WDW they were still building Everest.
    Amy AKA Fantasmic

Let your Disney magic shine!

Mystries and Magic, visions Fantasmic!

WDW in 88,89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
    DLP in 99,00,08

Post Thanks / Like

Default For me...

I'm going with my girlfriend for our second year anniversary. We also went for our first year anniversary for our first time ever and we loved it so much that we have now become like most of you who go year after year.

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to tell you why we were going!

First - we are trying to go at least once every year and this will be it for this year.

Second - when we found out that the first MNSSHP was on our anniversary, well, we had to plan it for then!

Third - FREE DINING!!!!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

A few months before my daughter turned 6, she informed us she wanted a baby sister for her birthday. When we explained to her that certain time restraints made it impossible for us to produce a baby sister on such short notice and that she could just as easily end up with another brother rather than the requested sister, she said she would settle for a Disney Cruise instead. We told her that her chances of going on a Disney Cruise far outweighed her chances of getting another sibling.

While not exactly the requested cruise, CJ will be getting a surprise trip to WDW in late September for her 9th birthday. She has an older brother with mild autism and has always been (mostly) very understanding about his needs and how sometimes we have to do things based on what's best for him. So every year, her birthday becomes the Five-Day Birthday Extravaganza. We hadn't been able to go back to WDW since our last visit in Nov 2003 and package and airline tickets are priced to make it really feasible this year.

We're trying very hard to make sure it stays a secret until we leave. We're even sending the kids to school that day, only to check them out later that morning for a "just remembered" dental appointment (Don't worry -- we'll clue the teachers in ahead of time). We're going to see how long it takes her and her brother to figure it out after we reach the airport.

My husband and I are really excited that so far our plans have all come together (including dinner at Cinderella's Castle on CJ's birthday) and are really looking forward to this trip. But mostly I think we can't wait to see CJ and her brother's reaction.

Robyn
    I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

Post Thanks / Like

Our 3 Wedding Anniversary.
    șOș Coleen șOș

Up next:
    Hubby's 40th - Dec. 2014 (POP) 1st Christmas Trip
    Past Disney Trips
    Honeymoon - August 2004 (Radisson) Hurricane Charlie
    Family Vacation - July 2006 (POP)
    Anniversary Vacation - Aug 2007 (CSR)
    Family Vacation - Oct. 2011 Food & Wine Festival!! (POR) FREE DINING!!

Post Thanks / Like

Because it's "The Happiest Place on Earth" for us...literally. We can't stay away. We've planned 4 trips this year!
    Anyone can cook!

Post Thanks / Like

Because it's there
    No, this year one of our DS's is paying for the entire family to go. He is working and his brother is off at school most of the time. Son #2 has a friend visiting from Germany and she's going, too.
    She's never been and its been several years for the boys. DW and I went last year in time for the food and wine festival

Post Thanks / Like

1 - Because we haven't been in 11 years (I was there every year from 1976 to 1984).

2 - DD17 will probably not be able to join us after this year.

3 - DS12 HAS NEVER BEEN THERE.

4 - I got a good bonus this year at work.

So - Y Not?

Post Thanks / Like

Who needs a reason?

33 days and counting
    1995 Wilderness Lodge-Honeymoon and First Trip
    1997 AllStar Music
    1998 Dixie Landings
    2000 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2004 CBR
    2006 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Blew off seminar went for a day trip while in Daytona.
    2015 Coronado Springs
    2015 Wilderness Lodge-20 year anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

We are going because our 2 year old has never been. Our 7 year has not been since she was 2. And because I LOVE all things Disney.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: