Quantcast "Guarantee" Room At All-Star Movies

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Guarantee" Room At All-Star Movies

Hi.

I am staying at the All-Star Movies at the end of August 2007 through the first week of September. I booked the reservation directly through WD travel and requested a preferred room in the Toy Story building, in honor of my 8 year old son, who's favorite movies are ....Toy Story 1 & 2 and his idol is Buzz Lightyear!

I told him that we were staying in the Toy Story hotel and I don't want to disappoint him. What do I have to do to ensure that his "dream comes true"?

Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions.

"To infinity and beyond".

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!!!

First of all, there's nothing you can do to absolutely ensure that you'll get that building. Disney never guarantees a room request. However, there are a couple of things you can do to make it more likely.

The fact that you are going with a "preferred" room greatly increases the likelihood, but Fantasia is also preferred. You put your request on your reservation (going directly through WDW travel doesn't increase the chances) which is most important. Secondly, arrive as early as possible. The earlier you check in the more likely you are to get your request. Third, if, for some reason, you are put in Fantasia, explain your situation very politely to the CM and ask if there is any availability at all in Toy Story. Given the time of year you're going it will probably be pretty crowded at the values due to the free dining promotion, but you can still ask.

If you go through all of these steps and it's a no go, there's nothing you can do, so I'd say prepare your DS for the possibility you may not get Toy Story, however likely it may be. Even if you don't get in, though, you'll be at the resort with all the cool Toy Story stuff and he'll still be able to see it all.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to cause you any stress but, we requested Toy Story three of the four times we stayed at Movies and were only able to get it once. That was our last trip. All of the other times we stayed in Fantasia.

We called ahead, noted it on our initial reservations and asked at check in, which was always before check in time. The CM's were always great in trying to meet our requests, they just couldn't.

We always go in September and usually during FD the years it has been offered.

I hope you have more success than we did. It never hurts to ask. But as Strmchsr said, I would prepare your son that it might not be possible to get Toy Story ahead of time so he is not upset if you can't get it.

My kids love the Fantasia building too. Actually, they love the whole resort. We just made sure we took lots of trips down to visit with Buzz, Woody and RC. (The green remote control car, the kids can sit in it)
    Last edited by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom; 07-12-2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling goof
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clarify, when you say you "requested a preferred room", does that mean that you actually booked that room level or did you book standard and just note that you'd like preferred?

The preferred rooms are located in Toy Story, Fantasia and 101 Dalmations. As others have mentioned, there's no way to guarantee a building. My suggestion though, is to try and arrive as early as you can to check-in. There is usually much more room inventory in the morning and if they've assigned you to another building, you can ask them to move you. Of course, that also means that you'll most likely have quite a wait until your room is ready.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for your responses.

Tammi, I booked my original reservation at the preferred level.

I also read that if I call All-Star Movies, directly, before I arrive and request the Toy Story building, that this will increase my chances of getting it. If this is the case, how many days before do you recommend that I call?

Also, you mentioned that I should arrive early to check in. My flight arrives at 10:30am. I have arranged for the Magical Express and I expect to arrive around noon time.

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
    I also read that if I call All-Star Movies, directly, before I arrive and request the Toy Story building, that this will increase my chances of getting it. If this is the case, how many days before do you recommend that I call?
    Now that many calls go through a call center and not direct, this may not be the best idea. Chances are, if you have a reservation question, you'll be connected to central reservations and not the resort itself.

I'd suggest faxing them instead, 4 days before you arrive (407-939-7111). It's not known if all faxes are looked at or simply tossed in the trash, but there's no harm in trying. A nice friendly request is advisable and let them know why you are asking for that particular building.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
    I'd suggest faxing them instead, 4 days before you arrive (407-939-7111). It's not known if all faxes are looked at or simply tossed in the trash, but there's no harm in trying.
    Good luck.
    I think it's a safe bet that faxes are put in the "circular file" (i.e., the trashcan)

Think about it for a moment. There are THOUSANDS of rooms in those resorts. It would be an impossible job to sort through even hundreds of faxes, then match them up with reservations which only appear on the computer.

The newest most accurate information is to make sure that your request is noted on your reservation. That way your request and your resevation pop up together when rooms are assigned.

If you want to assure yourself that you've done all you can, confirm your request with whomever you made reservations with. (travel agent, AAA, WD Travel Co.)
    My son is a Henry. I never had a Willie or a Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gotta Love the TTA View Post
    I think it's a safe bet that faxes are put in the "circular file" (i.e., the trashcan)

Think about it for a moment. There are THOUSANDS of rooms in those resorts. It would be an impossible job to sort through even hundreds of faxes, then match them up with reservations which only appear on the computer.

The newest most accurate information is to make sure that your request is noted on your reservation. That way your request and your resevation pop up together when rooms are assigned.
    I don't disagree that the first place to put the request is on the reservation. The OP mentioned that had been done already. We have however heard from CM's that do take the time to read the fax requests, so I don't think there's any harm done in following up that way.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: