Quantcast Ticket Prices to Increase 8/5/07 [Merged Threads] - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    it is a sign of a good economy; as wages grow
    problem is, the economy still isn't that good or strong and wages are NOT going up for the little man, only the CEO's who can afford everything anyway..... The little man is being hurt by price increases because the cost of living does not equal their pay.....At this rate, everything will be for the rich and the middle class will be left out.... That is not a good economy, and that is not what a free society should be about....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you KIDDING me? It's like the gods are actually trying to stop me from going in October. First Southwest increases plane tickets $40 and now the DIsney tickets are going up.

I guess I better just buy them now.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

1) Let's see . . .
    . . . Last Quarter Profits up 14%
    . . . Last Quarter Revenue up 7%
    . . . Next Year Ticket Prices to go up 6%

2) Almost makes sense to me.
    3) In a Gordon Gekko "GREED IS GOOD" kind of way.
    4) I might have to re-evaluate my past opinion of Eisner.
    5) OK, so maybe not.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me I've heard a lot of the complaints every year. Every year Disney puts up its prices and every year on the various boards you get the comments about 'greed', 'only the rich can afford it', 'the little guy won't be able to go' etc. And every year people buy their tickets and go to Disney so none of the gloom occurs.

Ok, now to the real points of my post.

1. Every year Disney's cost go up. Some of it is in contractual agreements with staff that increase wages, some is in costs of contractors, suppliers, services etc. (remember the businesses that Disney buys from have cost increases and pass them along to Disney). Disney, like any business, will pass along the costs to its customers in the form of ticket increases.

2. A Disney trip, like any entertainment and vacation activity, is not a necessity of life. Its is, by definition, a luxury. You have to decide for yourself if what they are offering is worth it or not and whether its a spot where you will spend some of your available resources. So far, the evidence is that most people will.

3. The 7 day park hopper price increase works out to a little more than $2 per day. That won't break many banks.

So the price has gone up, nobody wants to pay more, but now that we know what it will cost in 2008 we can figure out how we are going to pay for it if we choose to do so.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

"Ouch", says my pocketbook.

I find it a little bit interesting though, considering their recent financial reports. It's almost like their trying to push the prices to the point of seeing how far the market will allow. I know it's not a big increase, but still, it just seems to be getting a little on the excessive side, especially when you look at some of the other "minor" cuts their making in other places.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see the Disney Company be profitable, I am a shareholder myself. But, at the same time, I don't want to feel like I'm being sucked dry of all my finances to be able to take my family on a vacation at one of their parks. Disney already has an air about their parks by many that it's too expensive, and not affordable. I've tried to help show and tell people ways to save some money when going, but I'm starting to think that it's getting to the point of almost being too much. Time will tell, I guess.

There's another message thread on here talking about the "real" or hidden cost of Disney's Magical Express. Maybe this is just another way for them to recoup that cost. So, essentially, from an accounting perspective, DME will operate will zero cost, once all the numbers are in.

In the end, it sounds smart, from a corporate perspective at least. But, from a consumer perspective, it seems pretty harsh. Leaves me confused. I'm not sure if I like the price increase or not. Again, time will tell.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    problem is, the economy still isn't that good or strong and wages are NOT going up for the little man, only the CEO's who can afford everything anyway..... The little man is being hurt by price increases because the cost of living does not equal their pay.....At this rate, everything will be for the rich and the middle class will be left out.... That is not a good economy, and that is not what a free society should be about....
    The current economy is the best since '86 as per gdp growth. Unemployment has been under 4.8 % longer now other than only 3 times in the last 80 years. As for the rest of your comments....complete non factual. However, I do respect you as a fellow Intercotee and have agreed with you many many times before.Even though i couldnt disagree more with your economic opinions on this thread. I've found that the standard of living one wants to acheive is entirely up to that person 100%. You cant make any excuses living in this Nation, There is WAY too many economic opportunities. Getting back to Disney though...If they lowered thier ticket prices; I would be worried. That would not be a sign of good health "company wise"

mttafire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Seems to me I've heard a lot of the complaints every year. Every year Disney puts up its prices and every year on the various boards you get the comments about 'greed', 'only the rich can afford it', 'the little guy won't be able to go' etc. And every year people buy their tickets and go to Disney so none of the gloom occurs.

Ok, now to the real points of my post.

1. Every year Disney's cost go up. Some of it is in contractual agreements with staff that increase wages, some is in costs of contractors, suppliers, services etc. (remember the businesses that Disney buys from have cost increases and pass them along to Disney). Disney, like any business, will pass along the costs to its customers in the form of ticket increases.

2. A Disney trip, like any entertainment and vacation activity, is not a necessity of life. Its is, by definition, a luxury. You have to decide for yourself if what they are offering is worth it or not and whether its a spot where you will spend some of your available resources. So far, the evidence is that most people will.

3. The 7 day park hopper price increase works out to a little more than $2 per day. That won't break many banks.

So the price has gone up, nobody wants to pay more, but now that we know what it will cost in 2008 we can figure out how we are going to pay for it if we choose to do so.
    100% agreed, VERY WELL put!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how much annual passes are going up?

Post Thanks / Like

So a 7 day pass is going up approx. $20 a person. Is this correct?, if so to me that seems high to me. I could see a $5-$10 increase for a 7 day pass but over that I think is just too much.
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I just priced tickets for me and my two girls (DH has a ticket already). For 10 day tickets (no expiration) it would be around $1200. I decided not to buy them now, since our next trip won't be until 2009 most likely (maybe one day next year). I can have that $1200 sitting in my bank account accruing 5% interest rather than locked up in tickets.

Please tell me that sounds logical!
    TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

cant trade mine up. just asked Karen at MJ and since im paid off there would b a change fee. i was thinkin about getin an AP now in case i get back in Dec/Jan but...
    dont have the $$ anyway now....so i will have to deal w it when i decide if i will b back...theres always Tokyo DIsney.....
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    I just priced tickets for me and my two girls (DH has a ticket already). For 10 day tickets (no expiration) it would be around $1200. I decided not to buy them now, since our next trip won't be until 2009 most likely (maybe one day next year). I can have that $1200 sitting in my bank account accruing 5% interest rather than locked up in tickets.

Please tell me that sounds logical!
    TikiG
    Sure it makes sense. That way by the time the 2008 & 2009 increases hit your interest will have accrued enough that it won't "break your bank" when you go to withdrawl the money for your tickets...
    Carribean Beach / Saratoga Springs
    Boardwalk Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Wilderness Lodge Villas / Saratoga Springs
    Saratoga Springs
    SARATOGA SPRINGS & THE DISNEY WONDER

Post Thanks / Like

I just came back from our local Disney Store and they didn't know anything about the increase! I told them, they will soon!!
    Shelley
    Do you believe in Magic?

Jan. 2001 - AS Music
    Nov. 2003 - AS Movies
    May 2004 - AS Movies
    Nov. 2005 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2007 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2010 - AS Sports
    Nov. 2013 - Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2016 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2017 - AS Music/AK Lodge - Brand new DVC Members!

Post Thanks / Like

Had heard rumblings that the prices were going to increase so I ran to our local AAA office and purchased our Florida Residents Seasonal Passes on Wednesday. Now I'm glad I did!!! At least when we get there in September I won't have to put out anymore money!!

Me & DH
    AKL, CBR, WL & ASMu '08, POP '07 & '05, POR '01, AllStar Music, Sports & Movies & Ft. Wilderness - our fun homes away from home!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    Does this price increase effect people who already have packages booked? We are booked for a trip Nov.8-16th. Will this change our package price?
    I am wondering this too. Anyone have the answer?
    Good friends are like stars......You don't always see them, but you know they are always there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clarabelle Cow View Post
    I am wondering this too. Anyone have the answer?
    It stays the same. I read the little writing on my comfirmation paper regarding my room only reservation for January.

"RATE REVISIONS: Room rates and package rates for arrivals on or prior to December 31, 2008, are guaranteed as long as your reservation is not changed. For arrivals after December 31, 2008, deposits or prepayments guarantee room availability only, andrate and package components have not been determined and are subject to change without notice."

So, if you booked your package and don't change anything or rebook....you will be fine.
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've done this before when the big ticket increase scare was announced, and I've done it again;
    2-10 Day Park Hopper/No Expiration Tickets before the deadline:
    Subtotal: $871.18
    Shipping & Handling: $3.00
    Total: $874.18
    We still have days left over from our last trip, so unless we just manage to get away multiple times next year, we are set for maybe 2 trips!
    I have to wonder now: What if Disney deliberately announces these price increases forcing people like myself to run out and by tickets before the prices increase, therefore driving up ticket sales & then causing profit reports to also look better by the end of the year?
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I went out and bought a 2 day park hopper just in case somebody decides to accompany me to the 10th Anniversary in October. If not, then I've got some lower cost tickets for whenever I go again.
    Walt Disney World:
    93, PO FQ
    94-95, Caribbean
    96, Off Site
    99, Coronado
    00, Caribbean
    03, Poly & Wilderness Lodge
    04, Pop Cent
    06, Contemp
    07, Beach Club
    07, Pop Cent
    09, Pop Cent
    10, Off Site
    11, PO FQ
    12, Coronado
    13, Off Site
    14, PO FQ
    16, PO RS

Only 1110.89 miles...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAddict62 View Post
    I just came back from our local Disney Store and they didn't know anything about the increase! I told them, they will soon!!
    The cast members at Disney Stores have been informed that our ticket prices will be going up on August 8th, so you can still get cheaper tickets at the Disney Store for a few more days. All Disney Store cast members know of the price increase, however we are being highly encouraged to not let guests know of the price increase until it happens.
    Have a magical day! Todd

My Disney Career

• Sales Associate - Disney Store #557
    • Attractions Host - Magic Kingdom Jungle Cruise
    • Lead Sales Associate - Disney Store #339

DVC Member since 2003 (Vero Beach, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom & Bay Lake Tower)

Post Thanks / Like

When I heard about the increase yesterday, I went ahead and I bought our tickets for October. Total, for 3 5 day Park Hoppers, we paid $788.97. That includes shipping.

If I had waited and not paid attention, I would now have to pay $833.70. That is a $44.73 savings. It was a matter of hours. Thats a meal or a nice souvie or something.

Man, good thing I'm obsessed and get emails from various Disney planning sites... and check the News forum all the time... otherwise we would have been kicking ourselves!!!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: