Quantcast Ticket Prices to Increase 8/5/07 [Merged Threads] - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    It's almost like their trying to push the prices to the point of seeing how far the market will allow.
    That's the way it's supposed to work.

When my company bids a job, we want to make it as high as possible to make money, while still keeping it low enough to win the job.
    Jeff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mttafire View Post
    The current economy is the best since '86 as per gdp growth. Unemployment has been under 4.8 % longer now other than only 3 times in the last 80 years. As for the rest of your comments....complete non factual. However, I do respect you as a fellow Intercotee and have agreed with you many many times before.Even though i couldnt disagree more with your economic opinions on this thread. I've found that the standard of living one wants to acheive is entirely up to that person 100%. You cant make any excuses living in this Nation, There is WAY too many economic opportunities. Getting back to Disney though...If they lowered thier ticket prices; I would be worried. That would not be a sign of good health "company wise"
    All well and good... The ticket price raise is really just a push to see how high they can go... People already say they cannot afford Disney.... My answer to them is, shop around... No matter how high the prices go, if one looks around, you can find good deals out there....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone answer this?

I have an AP and so does DD who's 4, I have 2 7 day hoppers for 2 of the other kids. DH and another DD are not going this trip.

I had planned on upgrading the 7 day hoppers into 8 day hoppers when I check in on the 12th. The difference used to be about $2 to add a day. Does anyone know how much that would be now that increase has gone into effect?
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Default FL Seasonal Tickets

For those who are interested, the price on the FL Seasonal Pass went up $7.45 per ticket. Glad that it didn't go up more since we plan to upgrade when we get there in Sept.

Post Thanks / Like

Prices just keep going up, while Disney only talks about spending money elsewhere. I'm finding very little to be magical about the huge increases over the past couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that the standard of living one wants to acheive is entirely up to that person 100%. You cant make any excuses living in this Nation, There is WAY too many economic opportunities.
    I certainly agree that this sounds good and it would be nice if it were so. Put to scientific study, it doesn't seem to prove to be true from the reading I have done. At best, it is inconclusive whether everybody has the same opportunity for success and control of their quality of life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Seems to me I've heard a lot of the complaints every year. Every year Disney puts up its prices and every year on the various boards you get the comments about 'greed', 'only the rich can afford it', 'the little guy won't be able to go' etc. And every year people buy their tickets and go to Disney so none of the gloom occurs.
    Not for me. We aren't going this year and may be pushing a Disneyland trip back at least a couple of more years from next year to 2010.

Ok, now to the real points of my post.

1. Every year Disney's cost go up. Some of it is in contractual agreements with staff that increase wages, some is in costs of contractors, suppliers, services etc. (remember the businesses that Disney buys from have cost increases and pass them along to Disney). Disney, like any business, will pass along the costs to its customers in the form of ticket increases.
    Except they are outsourcing more and more. Just how much are costs going up then?

2. A Disney trip, like any entertainment and vacation activity, is not a necessity of life. Its is, by definition, a luxury. You have to decide for yourself if what they are offering is worth it or not and whether its a spot where you will spend some of your available resources. So far, the evidence is that most people will.
    Indeed. It is just like that and DIsney has worked hard to break any sort of emotional bond that was making us want to go every year. I know that is the way of business in America. It's not about making profits, it is about making MORE profits. It is about charging people ever increasing amounts of money until they stop coming back and not just covering your expenses.

3. The 7 day park hopper price increase works out to a little more than $2 per day. That won't break many banks.
    $14 more than planned? For anybody trying to go on a budget and a family, that increase could be $56 extra than they intended to spend. It may not 'break the bank', but to pretend that is merely pennies is absurd.

So the price has gone up, nobody wants to pay more, but now that we know what it will cost in 2008 we can figure out how we are going to pay for it if we choose to do so.
    You're definitely right on that point.

Post Thanks / Like

I've found that the standard of living one wants to acheive is entirely up to that person 100%. You cant make any excuses living in this Nation, There is WAY too many economic opportunities.
    From what I've seen, it's not what you know, it's who you know.

But anyway, getting back on topic... For those looking for tickets now that the prices have gone into effect, check with your local AAA office. A few years back, their price hike went into effect way after the Disney price hike. Those places that buy tickets in bulk seem to be willing to pass the "savings" on until they are forced to buy more tickets at the increased rate.

And for those that raise them immediately, you might want to think about who's best interest they have in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

**New prices have been added to the original post; as well as, new pass policies.**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angedeaile View Post
    Io, if you booked your package and don't change anything or rebook....you will be fine.
    Ok, so I'm safe, but...all those people who bought 1 day passes to get free dining, and were planning to upgrade to AP's when they arrived...they'll beat, right? They will be hit by this big time, am I correct?
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinksmom02 View Post
    Ok, so I'm safe, but...all those people who bought 1 day passes to get free dining, and were planning to upgrade to AP's when they arrived...they'll beat, right? They will be hit by this big time, am I correct?
    Well, the AP will be at the new higher price, but there's really no harm done. The APs are only about $20-25 more per ticket, which in the grand scheme of things ain't all that bad.

I think more people purchased one day tickets because they needed to to get free dining and they already have tickets they want to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Well, the AP will be at the new higher price, but there's really no harm done. The APs are only about $20-25 more per ticket, which in the grand scheme of things ain't all that bad.

I think more people purchased one day tickets because they needed to to get free dining and they already have tickets they want to use.
    i got a 9 day hopper as part of this pkg for Sept and was just thinking if i should upgrade when i get there to AP....but it is more $$ and im thinking of Universal now, so mayb only a few Disney days.
    i really need to think about going somewhere else as i only spend vacations at WDW
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the ticket increase but what really bites is the elimination of the advance ticket savings when you go through the Disney web site. To me it amounts to nothing more than a money grab as they no that people will but the tickets through the web site with or without the discount. As my personnal form of protest, I will be buying my tickets from a cast member during my next trip. It's just the principal of the thing.
    Last edited by Carol; 08-06-2007 at 12:51 PM.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think an annual pass might be the way to go for us in the future. I'll have to check that out when we run out of days.

Post Thanks / Like

Well at least now you can look up prices for next year now on the Disney Website. I am considering two different times and now at least I can compare them.
    2002 - Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    2003-Off Property
    2005- Off Property Son's 1st Trip
    March 2006- Off Property
    June 2006 - POP Star Wars Weekend
    Dec 2007 - ASMu Family Suite

Dec 2009 ASMo Daughter's 1st Trip
    April 2011 Beach Club Daughter's 2nd Birthday Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I fully support Disney's right to set whatever prices they want.

I have 5 children. We have usually take a trip every 2 to 3 years, but with the twice-a-year price increases, my attitude has really soured towards them. I'm finished.

I'm done dumping ever increasing money into the Disney coffers. We'll vacation elsewhere.

Frankly, I hope the incessent price increases back-fire for them and begin driving down attendance.

Post Thanks / Like

I am fairly new here... but there seems to be two things that people gripe about most (myself included).

1. The prices.

2. The crowds.

Well..... as long as there are those HUGE crowds to complain about.... those prices will keep going up... Supply and demand.

I am just so glad that I am getting to go when I am.

I am beating the price increases at BBB when they open the one in the Castle.

I get free dining.

I beat the ticket price increases because I booked before they hiked them.

I just hope my kids realize, that this trip is likely to be their only trip to Disney.

I will be one of those people in the crowds that gets thinned out by the increases... which works out nicely for the rest of the Disney goers that can afford the prices... four less people in line!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have several amusement parks around my area and the prices rarely if ever jump every year. And if they do it would be only a $1 or 2. I don't understand why Disney has to raise prices every year for ticket and room rates and so much. We will still go next year but between the room rate hike and the ticket hike it's going to cost us a couple extra hundred dollars. Very sad!
    Poly 2004-2009 LVC
    WL Villas May 2007
    DC Wonder 2010/Poly GVC
    DC Dream 2011/Poly LVC
    Poly LVC 2012
    Contemporary Dec. 2012
    July 2013 Poly GVC
    Poly GVC 2014
    Poly Club April 2015
    AKL Royal Asante Suite 2015
    October Poly Club 2015
    Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Club April 2016
    Poly Club Dec 2016

mttafire Guest

Default 55 cents per day....

Unless you spend ALOT on your Disney vacation and basically money is no object...The average (on the high side) of this price increase will be .55 per day. Thats right;All the stress and whining this price increase has caused in a miniscule .55 cents per day. That equals out to 200.00 and change for a year. (200.00 seems to be the average added expense per visit for tickets and room).Thats all you'll need to save extra to cancel out this increase in ticket prices. For some folks this increase will total much less.Considering Disney IS a leisure activity for the life of me i just cant understand the complaints. Rest assured I am by no means rich..Firefighters are far from it. If one looks at all the ways we spend our money for un-needed things in life certainly it isnt that difficult to "save" .55 cents per day is it? Using myself as an example..I'll work 7 hours of overtime one day, That would COMPLETELY cover the added expense and then some. Or buy one less Coke per day. Im trying to understand the "issues" with Disney's price increases and i just dont get it. For 94% of Americans that work...They will receive MORE than a .55 cents per day raise this year by FAR..Most will get close to a .55 raise per hour. So really in relative terms it isnt any more to goto Disney..Everything has a way of = out.

Post Thanks / Like

I still say they are going to price themselves out. Every time the price go's up they will lose customers. It is going to get to where only the rich will be able to afford to go. I think a few more increases will take me out of the picture. With the gas prices rising. My pay doesn't rise as fast as everything else is. When that happens I'll never go back. Think about it Disney.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: