Quantcast Disney's Hollywood Studios - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as I've been going to Disney World I'm afraid I'm going to have a difficult time calling it anything other than MGM, which is what I've always called it.
    Doug
    38 Trips to Disney World.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug The Disney Man` View Post
    For instance, an area around RNRC dealing with the music industry.
    As long as the RIAA is represented and we have a means of hitting them with cream pies or something similar, I'm all for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    As long as the RIAA is represented and we have a means of hitting them with cream pies or something similar, I'm all for it!
    And the FCC...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what to make of the name, but then change always requires a bit of adjustment. For me, the important thing is that we are starting to see the post-Eisner company starting to re-think and update the parks (not just the Studios) and that's good so I can live with the name. I'll probably just call it the Studios like I always have.

Lets hope that this name change symbolizes a lasting commitment to updating and upgrading throughout the parks.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jakk View Post
    Don't worry there'll soon be a Pixar E-ticket ride soon announced (it'll be the same coaster/dark ride in DLP but themed to a diffrent Pixar movie), and a proposed "Car's" mini land (that'll replace the Backlot Tour and use the land there) in the near future. On top of that there's also the Startours 2.0 refurb, and the new Lucas film E-ticket (I know it's somthing to do with IJ4). So there's a bright future for DHS the list of the so called "new" attractions are just the icing of the cake!
    Well that'd be great if you're right. I'd like to see all that added to the Studios. It could sure use it!
    Last edited by Ian; 08-18-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    I actually like Disney's Movie Kingdom.... How many non-Disney fans do you all know who think MGM is a working studio? How many non-Disney fans actually think MGM is not a Disney park??? I know a few, believe it or not..... I also have peopel tell me that they went to Universal, when it is actually MGM, or MGM when ot was actually Universal.... Get rid of the studios name and theme altogether, call ig Disney's Movie Kingdom, and slowly rebuild the park to resemble Hollywood, with the Chinese Theather being remade into El Capitan Theater, riding the buildings as a soundstage, and redesign their facade to look like Broadway style show buildings, design RNRC's facade to look like G-Force Records recordingh studo... after all, that is what it is when you enter the building, yet they theme the outside as a movie soundstage..... Tower of Terror can keep ther same storyline, since Hollywood needs a hotel where toruists stay.... Get rid of the street names as the sections of the park, and call them more name specific lands, such as Pixar Place... Maybe contract out with George Lucas for the rights to use Skywalker Ranch, build a new land centered around the ranch, with some rides based on Lucasfilm's properties.... Give the muppets their own land and call it Muppet Studios, where you can have a new 3D movie, ot the Great Muppet Movie Ride, and a kiddie ride or two along with a muppet play area for the kids.. There is so much potential.... and a huge budget to go along with it... But, in my opinion, the money spent would be well worth the return....

Think about it... the name MOVIE KINGDOM would be all encompassing....
    Post and it shall be... What is this I am hearing? Disney looking to contract out with George Lucas, and rename an area of the Studio LUCASLAND????? And The Muppets may get their own area, MUPPET STUDIOS or MUPPETLAND???? Seems Disney IS going towards naming the areas of the new park in lands rather than Streets... Ohh yea, in 5 years, expect STUDIOS to be dropped all together... The park will just be called DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD!!!! But didn't I post firt about the street names changing to lands?? YES!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Well that'd be great if you're right. I'd like to see all that added to the Studios. It could sure use it!
    Actually, what I heard as been floating around for a while.... An indoor coaster, like Crush in Paris, will be added to Disney Hollywood Studios, but themed to Ratatoullie... Then, if all works out, a new Indiana Jones coaster will be added to LUCASLAND.... Ohh, and expect one of the eateries close to the Indy stunt show and Star Tours, I forget the name, (maybe the Commissary??) getting a remake to be updated to LUCASLAND... featuring some of his items from his movies, as well as themeing either side to Indy and Star Wars... Maybe it isn't the commissary... but it is by there...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Having been excited in the past for changes that never ultimately made it into the parks, I'll wait until these things actually open before I start counting them.

Post Thanks / Like

According to Jim Hill, Indiana Jones Adventure won't be coming to "Disney's Hollywood Studios" (love the new name, btw). Is there any truth to this, or does Jim not know what he is talking about as usual?

The other changes sound great, though. I knew that DHS had so much potential because of the open-ended theme of the place, and, awhile back, I knew that DHS would explode with growth. I can't wait for Pixar Place or Star Tours 2!

P.S. I think I'll still call it MGM -- I like the new name, but it's kind of a mouthful.
    Always CRAZY 4 DISNEY WORLD!
    VMK Name: CrazyForWDW
    "Some imagination, huh?" -Mickey
    "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse allejado de las puertas." -WDW Monorail
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!" -COP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4disneyworld View Post
    According to Jim Hill, Indiana Jones Adventure won't be coming to "Disney's Hollywood Studios" (love the new name, btw). Is there any truth to this, or does Jim not know what he is talking about as usual?

The other changes sound great, though. I knew that DHS had so much potential because of the open-ended theme of the place, and, awhile back, I knew that DHS would explode with growth. I can't wait for Pixar Place or Star Tours 2!

P.S. I think I'll still call it MGM -- I like the new name, but it's kind of a mouthful.
    Jim Hill actually has some decent sources in Disney.... As always, just because something is being discussed, doesn't mean it will happen.... whether it comes from Jim Hill or someone on this site... Rumors are rumors until Disney confirms them...

And here is a {quote} detailing Lucas-land...

Quote Originally Posted by G4 TV
    Disney is changing the name of Disney-MGM Studios to Disney Hollywood Studios, but that's not all as far as the changes go. Now that they're taking "Star Tours" down to revitalize it and give it a "Star Tours 2.0" remake, it's becoming increasingly likely that there will be more areas of the park based on LucasFilm properties as well. Apparently, just in time for the theme park's 20th Anniversary in 2009, they will re-open "Star Tours," in addition to changing the "Backlot Adventure" to make it more Indiana Jones themed. There will also be a Star Wars-themed restaurant in the area, which will make the whole place virtually crawling with Lucas stuff.
    Who knows, perhaps there will be a "Jar Jar's Wild Ride" or "American Grafitti Dragstrip Challenge."
    Last edited by Figment!; 08-20-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Replaced link with quote

Post Thanks / Like

After much soul searching, I like the new name It does cover all aspects of the park.

With that said, I'd love to see in the rumored Lucus land a working Cantina themed restaurant. If done right, I'd spend all day there.
    Todd (aka MrGoofy)<br /><br />1983 WDW Off Site<br />1991 WDW Carribean Beach<br />1995 WDW Port Orleans<br />1998 WDW All Star Sports<br />2000 DLR Off Site <br />2000 WDW Coronado Springs<br />2001 DLR Off Site<br />2002 WDW Carribean Beach<br />2003 WDW Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    [/LIST]Also, how lame a list of "new attractions" is that?
    I agree with you on this. None of the new "changes" are of any interest to me. We don't do parades and my son is too old for meet and greets or any of the Play House stuff. The one attration sounds like a Buzz Lightyear redo.

I still like the studio's but the changes won't have any effect on my family.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I've also heard Jim Hill say that they'll eventually phase out the studios piece to become Disney's Hollywood. Anyway, my wish list for Hollywood:
    • Update the park some. Yes, I loved the Honey I... series, but idk how many kids today know what that is.
    • Leave Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster, and the Muppets be.
    • Can't wait for Star Tours 2.0. Again, another sign that the park is dated is the fact Rex is voiced by Paul Ruebens.
    • Change out some scenes from GMR. Yes, Jim has again spoken that GMR will probably get a refurb, but I'd like some more current movies in the lineup.
    • How about reintroducing Roger Rabbit?
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

I like the name but I will have to get used to not calling it Disney - MGM Studios.
    DH - Eddy
    ME - Michelle

10/95, 9/96 & 11/04 ASMu
    10/97, 10/01 & 05/07 ASSp
    09/98 WL
    11/99 & 11/00 (Honeymoon) PO FQ
    03/00 ASMo
    12/02 & 11/05 PO Riverside
    10/03 CB
    12/06 & 2/07(same room as 12/06) Pop Century
    11/07 Pop Century
    11/08 Pop Century or Ft Wilderness if we get a RV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    [*] How about reintroducing Roger Rabbit?[/LIST]
    Oh I would LOVE to see Roger make it into the parks. That movie just screams "Disney's Hollywood Studios" to me. The movie is set in the early days of Hollywood and just seems like it would be a perfect fit in the park.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Disney's Hollywood Studios

Thanks for the update. It is good to know that this issues has finally been resolved. I hope they plan something around the date of the name change as I will be visiting then. I look forward to more updates about any planned activities.

Post Thanks / Like

Roger Rabbit would be great, but even better would be...more MUPPETS!

There's so many things they could do with the Muppets (hint hint...Muppet Movie Ride???), and Disney could even make Muppet Mobile Lab a permanent attraction over near Muppet Vision.

There's all this talk of Lucas land, but IMO the Muppets also deserve a land of their own.

Of course, for Roger Rabbit or the Muppets to expand their presence in DHS, Disney would have to get back in the good graces of, respectively, Steven Spielberg and the Henson family, but Bob Iger has so far done a good job of rebuilding ties broken by Eisner, like Steve Jobs and Pixar. So maybe a Muppet land or a Roger Rabbit isn't so far out of reach.
    Always CRAZY 4 DISNEY WORLD!
    VMK Name: CrazyForWDW
    "Some imagination, huh?" -Mickey
    "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse allejado de las puertas." -WDW Monorail
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!" -COP

Post Thanks / Like

I am excited by the prospect of expanding the Star Wars and Indiana Jones theming/experience at the Studios! Wouldn't it be cool to have an eatery themed like the weird bar in the first SW movie? Or an actual Indiana Jones ride of some kind?

**mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Name

The new name is ok, but I always think of California when I hear "Hollywood." Maybe they should have just gone with "Disney Studios."
    All Star Sports 2007
    All Star Sports 2005
    Port Orleans Riverside 2004
    All Star Sports 2003
    Port Orleans Riverside 1995-2001
    Carribbean Beach 1993-1994

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Whatever they decide to name it will have no real effect on the enjoyment of my time there. The name is just a name, call it Fred if they want to, I'll still enjoy it.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is a catchy enough name. And it seems to me that often enough it is just referred to "The Studios", which would still apply just as much as it did before.

As for the preoposed Disney/Pixar Studios, personally I would have liked that. I guess I really don't understand the resistance to embracing the Disney/Pixar merger. To me it seems like such a natural pairing. However, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they have a timeline for losing the Pixar name and going straight with the Disney brand.

I wonder if Disney's Florida Studios was ever considered. And then, returning some actual production work making it again an actual studio. For me, it lost a little magic when the actual studio work went away.
    Marker from MO

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: