Quantcast Survivor: China - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor: China

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    The only one I instantly disliked was the bleached blond waitress. She had a terrible attitude. And I don't think I like the wrestler either. The thing I enjoyed most about that show last night was the beautiful scenery.
    I agree on all counts. That waitress from "New York" (I know she's from New York because she mentioned it like a dozen times ) was so rude early on. I hope she goes fast.

The wrestler lost me the minute I saw that ridiculous outfit she was wearing. Who shows up for Survivor in those stupid boots??

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    First impressions:

I like James and Todd.

I don't like Ashley, Courtney or Sherea. Sherea was complaining before they even got into their camp properly. Those heels. Ugh!

Okay, I'm wanting to like Leslie, but I was really thrown by something she said at the beginning after she walked out on the Buddist welcome. Didn't she say she wasn't religious, or was I hearing things? She's a Christian radio talk show host.

The locale is beautiful and interesting. I really hope we can get to China in the next few years. I liked the tribal council area. Is this the first time it's ever been under cover? I just think back to all the previous seasons when they would occassionally be dealing with rain during tribal council.
    Anyone besides me think, "Epcot!" the minute they saw the tribal council spot? Looks like Nine Dragons.

I heard the same thing from Leslie ... she said she wasn't religious. I wonder if she's trying to throw people off, so she doesn't alienate anyone? Also, she might not want people to know she's a radio personality, because they might assume she's wealthy

I agree about James ... he's my favorite so far. As soon as I saw him, I said to Trish, "He looks like Michael Clarke Duncan!"
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was a little odd that the challenge winners got fire as a reward and then they gave the losing team fire after the tribal council was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I was also sort of disappointed that Chicken was voted off first. I won't claim I warmed up to him or anything, but there were others I found far more annoying that I would have liked to see go first.
    ITA, there were others that should have been sent home before Chicken. I understand that PG was irked that he wouldn't give his opinion, but he gave his opinion when they first began and it was disregarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    The only one I instantly disliked was the bleached blond waitress. She had a terrible attitude.
    OMG! I wish she could have been voted off! I don't get her attitude. Just because she is from NYC, she can't deal with positive people?? What? there are no happy, pleasant people who live in big cities What a nut I can't wait until she blows up in camp.
    Poly: 00, 03 x 2, 04, 05, 07 x 2, 09 x 2, 10, 11
    CR: 01, 02 x 2, 04, 06 x 2, 10, 11, 12
    GF: 01, 04
    F.W. Cabin: 07
    S/D: 01, 02 x 2, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09
    WL: 16
    POR: 14, 15
    DLR: 08, 13

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is gonna be a pretty good season! Such beautiful scenery! I was disappointed that they voted off Chicken.. I really think he would've been an interesting character to get to know.. he put me in mind of Tom from the Africa season. My first impression favorite is James.. as others have said.. he comes across as sweet and sincere and genuine...

Okay, I'm wanting to like Leslie, but I was really thrown by something she said at the beginning after she walked out on the Buddist welcome. Didn't she say she wasn't religious, or was I hearing things? She's a Christian radio talk show host.
    As I Christian I think I can help here... what she meant was.. many Christians don't see themselves as "Religious" as in, feeling more that it's about going to church and practicing all the church rituals. For many Christians it's about having a 'relationship' with Jesus.. and she did say that right after saying she wasn't religious. It's hard to explain if your haven't been around it or are in it... but it's more about Jesus and the way we relate to Him then about 'good works' or 'going to church or Sunday School."... I personally was VERY impressed with her when she walked out, not knowing if that would be the end of the show for her.. I actually told my husband I never would've even walked in... I don't want to get into a Christian 'debate' or discussion on this or any other thread as I know how heated they can become.. but if anyone is left confused or wants help understanding where Leslie was coming from in walking out.. feel free to pm me...
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    I think this is gonna I was disappointed that they voted off Chicken.. I really think he would've been an interesting character to get to know.. he put me in mind of Tom from the Africa season.

They are from pretty much the same area, not very far from me
    Poly: 00, 03 x 2, 04, 05, 07 x 2, 09 x 2, 10, 11
    CR: 01, 02 x 2, 04, 06 x 2, 10, 11, 12
    GF: 01, 04
    F.W. Cabin: 07
    S/D: 01, 02 x 2, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09
    WL: 16
    POR: 14, 15
    DLR: 08, 13

Post Thanks / Like

I say this every year… The first episode should be either two hours, or two episodes with no immunity challenge or tribal council in the first hour. Forty - five minutes, less commercial time, just isn’t enough to get to know the cast.

Why didn’t Leslie just pray to Jesus during the ceremony?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Just because she is from NYC, she can't deal with positive people??
    I don't think that is what she meant. She was talking about all the fake praising for every single little thing.

Who knows - but I didn't like her either and I am a New Yorker.

I knew Chicken was doomed when they focused on him at tribal council. I liked the episode. The scenery was gorgeous and it's always nice to see Jeff.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Really bummed they voted off Chicken. He would have been a good character through the season.

He did himself in. He came on strong and pretty much putting himself above everybody else and I think he probably really knew what he was doing. They dissed him and he backed off not wanting to take lead. The problem came when the ASKED for his advice and he sorta blew them off with a "whatever you wanna do"...I really would have been fine with the other two girls going first. I really had some hopes for Pei-Gee but she needs to behave a little nicer. Wrestler Girl needs to be very careful. I understand sick but...there are times when you just can't afford to be.

On the OTHER tribe. I felt like slapping Courtney. She was so RUDE in the temple (flipping her hands around etc) and if she rolls her eyes at somebody one more time I feel like I'm going to have to jump through the TV and teach her a thing or two about MANNERS. I wish I could tell people of China we're not all that RUDE.

I can understand Leslie's issue (sorta) about the religion thing...but I think she was in another country she KNEW she was going to have partake in some "traditions" of that country. It was NOT a religious ceremony it was a "welcome" in their tradition it was not polite on her part...but I can forgive her rudeness a little more than Courtney's because she felt she was betraying her beliefs and it probably wouldn't look good to her "listeners" back home so she had to be "careful" if she wants to be employed when she gets back. I still don't think it was the right thing to do...but...it's done. "When in Rome...do as the Romans do..."

Now for the LAST comment...am I wayyyy off or did anyone else find it a little odd that all the fellas were wearing very "nice" boxers or biking type "unmentionables" instead of the plain white "fruit of the looms"??? I can't tell you what the ladies were wearing...I don't remember... If this were a big surprise that they weren't going to get any of their "stuff" they were certianly prepared...I guess they can thank their Mom's for that.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    The scenery was gorgeous and it's always nice to see Jeff.

Too bad Jeff couldn't host Amazing Race during his "off" season.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    I can understand Leslie's issue (sorta) about the religion thing...but I think she was in another country she KNEW she was going to have partake in some "traditions" of that country. It was NOT a religious ceremony it was a "welcome" in their tradition it was not polite on her part...but I can forgive her rudeness a little more than Courtney's because she felt she was betraying her beliefs and it probably wouldn't look good to her "listeners" back home so she had to be "careful" if she wants to be employed when she gets back. I still don't think it was the right thing to do...but...it's done. "When in Rome...do as the Romans do..."
    Without starting a debate... please take this as my offering a christian point of view here... Jeff 'said' it wasn't a worship/religious ceremony.. BUT... they were bowing to Buddha, which is their god... to expect anyone (especially a Christian) to bow down in front of your god does (in my book) make it a form of worship, and it is something that Christians are not suppossed to do. It was not rude of her to walk out... she was unable to do what they were wanting them to do (you saw the way the one guy was slapping at Courtney to get her to mimic what he was doing) so by leaving the temple she prevented a scene of having to refuse to do what they wanted her to do (and to me causing a scene IN the temple by refusing to do something would've been more rude than walking out). China is not really known for it's tolerance of Christianity so it was a touchy situation and I believe she handled it the best way she knew how and I do not in anyway think it had to do with her job, but more to do with the fact that she is a Christian who knows that God does not allow for us to bow before other gods...

Again, I am in NO WAY at all trying to start a debate or issue or problem here and mods.. if you feel that is where this post could lead then by all means delete it.. I'm just trying to help everyone understand where Leslie was coming from so no one knocks her for what she did. It's along the lines of Kimmy in Australia being a vegitarian and refusing to eat the cow brains (I think that is what it was) at the food wheel challenge...Survivor is about survivial, being a team mate, etc.. but if you sacrafice and bend your morals and beliefs, are you truly a 'survivor'?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys View Post
    Too bad Jeff couldn't host Amazing Race during his "off" season.
    Oh no! Let's keep Jeff on Survivor and Phil on Amazing Race!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take Jeff on EVERYTHING...his dimples are cute
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Let's keep Jeff on Survivor and Phil on Amazing Race!
    My thoughts too, Mel!! Phil needs to be waiting at the pit stops!!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thrillme View Post
    Now for the LAST comment...am I wayyyy off or did anyone else find it a little odd that all the fellas were wearing very "nice" boxers or biking type "unmentionables" instead of the plain white "fruit of the looms"??? I can't tell you what the ladies were wearing...I don't remember... If this were a big surprise that they weren't going to get any of their "stuff" they were certianly prepared...I guess they can thank their Mom's for that.
    I thought that was pretty normal. Not too many guys wear the tighty whiteys anymore. The plain white Fruit of the Looms are out of fashion.

Be prepared if you're the mom of a boy and he's headed to middle school gym class-- he's going to want boxers if he isn't already in them.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Oh great. TiVo disaster. No Survivor. UGH.
    I had a TiVo disaster as well! I was so disappointed last night when I went to watch it at 11:00 and saw that it had recorded the wrong show!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Without starting a debate... please take this as my offering a christian point of view here... Jeff 'said' it wasn't a worship/religious ceremony.. BUT... they were bowing to Buddha, which is their god... to expect anyone (especially a Christian) to bow down in front of your god does (in my book) make it a form of worship, and it is something that Christians are not suppossed to do. It was not rude of her to walk out... she was unable to do what they were wanting them to do (you saw the way the one guy was slapping at Courtney to get her to mimic what he was doing) so by leaving the temple she prevented a scene of having to refuse to do what they wanted her to do (and to me causing a scene IN the temple by refusing to do something would've been more rude than walking out). China is not really known for it's tolerance of Christianity so it was a touchy situation and I believe she handled it the best way she knew how and I do not in anyway think it had to do with her job, but more to do with the fact that she is a Christian who knows that God does not allow for us to bow before other gods...

Again, I am in NO WAY at all trying to start a debate or issue or problem here and mods.. if you feel that is where this post could lead then by all means delete it.. I'm just trying to help everyone understand where Leslie was coming from so no one knocks her for what she did. It's along the lines of Kimmy in Australia being a vegitarian and refusing to eat the cow brains (I think that is what it was) at the food wheel challenge...Survivor is about survivial, being a team mate, etc.. but if you sacrafice and bend your morals and beliefs, are you truly a 'survivor'?
    I agree with you and thought exactly the same thing when that happened last night. I applauded her for holding to her beliefs. I don't want to start a controversal thread but I would have done the same thing. It may not have seemed like a religious ceremony to Jeff and the others but if you are a Christian, that was exactly what it was. You don't bow to other gods no matter what kind of ceremony it was. I was afraid Jeff would boot her off the program for it but I think he would have really opened a keg of worms if he had. I had the same problems with this when we were in Korea and Hong Kong and went to temples sight -seeing. I felt really strange even going into the temples and didn't go into very many. I certainly wouldn't have bowed. I don't want to offend anyone but I think her feelings should be respected as well as everyone else's. The blond was just rude with her actions. This is one of the reasons the Chinese don't like American's, because they see them as rude. I was kind of surprised that they were allowed to have this whole thing at this location. They are pretty strict with protecting their customs from foreigners. I wonder how Jeff got permission for all of this when it is so hard just to get into this country.

To me the blond from NY seemed like she detested everyone from the beginning. It will be interesting to see how she gets along with everyone the next few weeks and how long she lasts.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

After hearing the thin blond speak once, I said to myself, "She has Got to Go!" Sorry to see Chicken go, he was entertaining.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

After talking with a friend of mine yesterday about the Leslie situation, I now have a better perspective on it. Thanks for the explanation, disneydrmr.

Quote Originally Posted by J.C.&ALI'SMOM View Post
    I thought it was a little odd that the challenge winners got fire as a reward and then they gave the losing team fire after the tribal council was over.
    Definitely odd. Wonder why they aren't making them earn it this go round?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Definitely odd. Wonder why they aren't making them earn it this go round?
    From what I've heard, it's because the living conditions are so harsh where they are. They gave them rice, because if they didn't they were afraid that the contestants would starve. And of course, you need the fire to make rice.
    Meg
    DVC Owner at AKV and BCV
    Upcoming Trips
    6/11--AKV & BCV with Kim & Gary
    8/11--Alaska on the Disney Wonder
    6/12--AKV with Jess, BCV just the two of us
    6/14--AKV & BCV just the two of us

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question...
    How far out is Survivor taped? For instance, what we watch tonight, how long ago do you think it really happened? Since this could be considered a spoiler, I am typing it in white.

This is why I ask... A friend went to a wedding this weekend and guess who their bartender was? JAMES! They said he was very small, lost most of his muscle and was not allowed to talk about the show.
    On another note, did anyone see the clip Ellen played over and over of Chicken getting voted off? It was pretty funny.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. first things first. TIVO has changed my life!

I may be the only one who has said it, Chicken was voted off because he basically didn't play the game well. He was trying to be neutral and not having an opinion, trying not to be bossy and it back-fired on him. Sorry he had to go. I don't like that team as a whole especially the wrestler girl. I wouldn't care if they all got picked off one at a time.

I love the grave digger! James I think is his name. I am from the same home town. I hope he will get some wisdom though. He is strong physically and that could hurt him. He needs to form some alliances.

I am also going to keep my eye on the Lunch Lady. I like her humble attitude and appreciation for the experience.

It is going to be a great season.
    Dawna
    TTA Traveler

Feb. 1989 - Honeymoon Offsite
    Feb. 2004 - Contemporary
    June 2005 - Coronado Springs/Swan
    Feb. 2006 - Downtown Disney
    April 2007 - Boardwalk
    October Food & Wine 2007 Boardwalk Villas
    Jan. 2008 - Boardwalk

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media: