Quantcast Which is best MK Counter Service: Pecos Bills, Pinochio Haus or Tommorowland Terrace? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I like Cosmic Rays (Sonny Eclipse and his, as stated, Intergalactic stylings are great!). But, if you are on the other side of the park, I would do PB.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We like Cosmic Ray's. We've found it to have ample seating, even on Party nights around official closing time. The fixin's bar is great, and you can get Corn Dog Nuggets!!!

We've wanted to try Pecos Bill's, but its always been too crowded. I REALLY want to try El Pirata y El Perico, but its never open.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We have never ate at Pecos Bills or Noodle Station. Noodle Station is always closed and Pecos Bill's was crowded. We ate at Cosmic Rays and loved what we had there and Pinnocchio Village was good and we've also ate at Columbia Harbour House and it was very good. DD's (8 & 15 )loved the clam chowder and the fish baskets. I don't think you could go wrong with whatever you choose.
    Each yr we've gone we've tried to eat somewhere different so we could have our own opinion about the food.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Which is best MK Counter Service: Pecos Bills, Pinochio Haus or Tommorowland Terrace

Of the ones you list I like both Pecos Bill and Pinochio. However my fav CS at MK is Columbia Harbor House. Great tasting food and nice atmosphere. Remember to check out the upstairs where there is also seating.

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Pecos Bills it is love the bugers & fixins bar!! - BUT have you thought of Cosmic Rays??? It's my favorite and they have such a varity all in one place. It's my favorite CS place at MK.
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Pecos Bill for sure! They have some healthy food there too.
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

well we would reccommend going to Pinochio Haus, they have a good selection of food to choose from the atmosphere is very WDW. we cant comment on the others since we never been to either, we would love to try Pecos but everytime that we try to it is sooo overcrowed, but maybe next June (08). you may want to buy the Birbaums Book of Walt Disney World Resturants, we bought it 2 years ago and it helps out allot, because out TS meals are set in stone pretty much, but our lunches are always CS meals so when it whatever park that were in for that day we just resort to our book. now it's nice and small so you can fit the book pretty much anywhere without being an issue. man i'm rambling on sorry

Enjoy
    Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Cosmic Rays, but out of your choices I'd recommend Peco's Bills. I didn't care much for the food at noodle station. Both Peco's Bills and Pinocchio Haus can get extremely crowded, but I think the crowds are worse at Pinocchio Haus- right in the middle of Fantasyland with hungry, screaming kiddos all around. It's just so stressful in there. With Pinocchio Haus or Peco's Bills I'd try for late morning or late afternoon when most other people are not eating.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Pecos Bills for sure
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for "none of the above." My favorite CS is Columbia Harbor House. The lighthouse sandwich, clam chowder, chicken strips and fried fish are all very good. Some of the other sandwiches look good there too, but I have yet to try them.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bills are favorites.

We love lunch at CHH, their chowder in particular.

We tend to eat early or late at Pecos Bill's to avoid the inevitable peak meal crush. We enjoy the cheese burgers and wraps are a nice choice if you simply cannot face another burger. Their fixin's bar really hits the spot. My DM has a thing for the sauteed mushrooms.
    1978 - CR
    1982 - Golf Resort
    1985 - CR
    1990 - CR
    1994 - CR
    2000 - CR
    2004 - CR
    2006 - Grand Floridian
    2008 - CR
    2009 - Grand Floridian. We feel very fortunate.

Post Thanks / Like

Since our first visit in 75, the lower level of the terrace has been our "designated meeting place." It had become crowded, but since they changed the menu to the "really gross, really wilted, really small" noodle concoction, and related stuff, the crowds have thinned out quite a bit. We now get food from Casey's, and take it to the terrace for casual dining while waiting for the clan to gather.

We still miss the Teriyaki Burgers they once served in Adventureland. Pecos Bill is good, as is Pinochio's. Columbia House serves good food, and always has a quiet nook for a relaxing meal. Most of clan also likes Cosmic Ray's, but DW and I never really liked either the food, or the noise. DW and I also like to take a break by having lunch at the Plaza if the wait isn't too bad....know that isn't counter service, but the food is good, and not much more than CS if you are paying OOP.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see some others thought the Noodle Station was good when it first opened. That's the only time it has been open for us so can't comment on it going downhill, but can believe it.

Pecos Bill would be my choice of the 3. But like others, I'd suggest looking into Cosmic Rays which we actually prefer.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Cosmic Ray's for me! I love Sonny Eclipse! Plus they have an excellent selection!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_nut View Post
    Though it's not on your list, my favorite counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbour House. Check the menu and see if the selections appeal to your family.
    Mine too! I always get the fish basket - it's yummy!
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I've only eaten at Pinocchio Haus, Cosmic Ray's, and El Pirata y Perico in the MK. All three were very good. With ADRs I feel like so much of our dining is planned, so we try not to plan our TS meals. We make a note of the TS restaurants we think we would like in each park and wait to pick the one we're going to eat at when we're actually there. That way we can decide based on what we're close to or just what we feel like eating.

Post Thanks / Like

Any updated info about these counter service restaurants?
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen2006 View Post
    Another vote for "none of the above." My favorite CS is Columbia Harbor House. The lighthouse sandwich, clam chowder, chicken strips and fried fish are all very good. Some of the other sandwiches look good there too, but I have yet to try them.

DBF had had the fried fish before. My long time favorite is the chicken strip combo and a bowl of chowdah (in RI accent)
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Columbia Harbour House. My daughter and I share a fish and shrimp plate (more than enough for the 2 of us) and my other daughter gets the chicken strips. We love it there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Though it's not on your list, my favorite counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbour House. Check the menu and see if the selections appeal to your family.
    Touche! Columbia Harbour House is also my favorite.. the tuna with lettuce tomato on toasted whole grain bread is the BEST! Pecos Bills would be a close second.. the fixin's bar is great!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: