Quantcast Why Magical Journeys (Intercot Sponsor)? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys and Karen have been great for us. Karen was even able to get the free dining plan booked for for our next trip even though I was only able to give her sketchy info due to a personal emergency. Additionally she has been patient with my sometimes endless stream of questions. When we booked with MJ two yaers ago we had never even heard of free dining but when it came out she contacted us and asked if we wanted to change our ressie and then did so without a problem.
    Thanks Karen and MJ
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Music
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge-Our Wedding
    May 02 AS Movies
    Sept 03 AS Movies
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    What is it about WDW that makes you want to go back the same day you get home?
    Proud Owners-DVC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our first trip was a family reunion with 15 people. I was in way over my head, so when I heard all the great things people on intercot said about MJ, I contacted them. Debbie was great about all the questions, changes, confusion that came with the large group. Since then, I've contacted Debbie every time we were planning a trip and she's handled everything perfectly every time. In fact, on our last trip, the airline really messed with our plans at the last minute. I e-mailed Debbie, and even though we had to rush out of the house two minutes after I e-mailed her, I knew she would take care of everything. DH was very nervous about the changes and DME, etc., but I relaxed and told him Debbie would take care of it. No problems when we arrived!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys (MJ) is an absolute for me for ANY Disney trip.

My first two trips to DisneyWorld were before I knew of Intercot or MJ. Thankfully, Disney Club was around then so I got a good discount but I had to do all the work. I will never miss having to deal with CMs for every aspect of my trip. I'm not bashing CMs by any means, but it seems that not all WDW Travel CMs have the same information at the same time.

As mentioned in a previous post, MJ works for you. You contact MJ and they take it from there. You simply go on with your life while your MJ agent crunches numbers, calls CMs, books your reservation, tracks discounts or specials, etc. Also previously mentioned, there is plenty for serious planners to plan (air travel, dining, tours, special events, days in the parks, etc.).

Regarding AAA discounts, MJ can get AAA discounts for room only, just not on packages. A year or so ago I got the bright idea to try an "excellent AAA agent" that someone referred to me. LOL, I couldn't get off that call quickly enough. I knew more about Disney pricing and packages than that AAA agent knew. This being said, for me personally, I would rather pay a higher difference between an AAA package savings and whatever discount(s) MJ could get and have total peace of mind knowing I am getting good information, that I will not have any surprises upon arrival at Disney, and excellent customer service along the way.

Through my years using MJ I've used 3 MJ agents and I received the same consistent, high level of customer service from each agent. Sadly, I have had to cancel a couple of trips due to work and MJ has never given me a bit of grief for having to cancel. That is more appreciated than I can express because having to cancel a Disney trip is difficult enough on it's own.

In closing, I will add that I have used many travel agents and travel companies through the years booking business travel. I have never experienced the consisent, friendly, top notch customer service that I have received from MJ. They leave no detail unfinished.

Rock on MJ! Thanks for all you do for so many of us!
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

I am a planning junkie. I dont mind chasing deals and replanning my trip 50times before i settle on my final arrangements. I would constantly check the various websites and our travel arrangements were in a constant stae of flux. It drove my wife crazy.

Now MJ (Debbie) is my surrogote wife. I can plan and replan and rethink and i would swear the more i sweat it the more fun MJ has. I will be looking at a just released, new deal for a price reduction on a website and my inbox will ring with an MJ email informing me that the ressie has already been changed and they have saved me money. And my real wife just sits back and figures out what DTD shop to spend it in.

The old addage is true,
    Do one thing and do it right!
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

So lets say my goal is to book a spring break trip for my family (which it is) and I want to go through MJ (which I think I do).

Rates aren't out for that time period yet right -- so how does that work?

When you decide on a package...do you place a downpayment or pay if full?

How does the payement aspect work if they search out a better deal?

Do you need to keep contacting them asking for them to find a deal for you or do they initiate?

I know I could fill out the online quote form, but want to make sure that going through their service is right for me.

Thanks in advance to all in the know!
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Hello
    They may have rates in advance.
    To hold the package it is Disney's standard deposit which, I think is $200. You probably don't want to pay in full because MJ will keep checking rates and if something better comes up MJ will let you know and ask you if you want to change your ressie. If you were paid in full I don't think Disney would refund any of it. They have done an excellent job at notifing us of better rates/packages!

Good luck
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Music
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge-Our Wedding
    May 02 AS Movies
    Sept 03 AS Movies
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    What is it about WDW that makes you want to go back the same day you get home?
    Proud Owners-DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyduggan View Post
    Rates aren't out for that time period yet right -- so how does that work?
    You can book a room 400+ days in advance. When the new year rates are released (end of this month or first of august) MJ can then help you convert over to a package.

When you decide on a package...do you place a downpayment or pay if full?
    Down payment is fine. It's $200/room deposit and then full payment is due 45 days before arrival. In the intermittent time you can pay as much or little as you wish.

How does the payement aspect work if they search out a better deal?
    If you've paid in full, Disney will refund you. If not, then you just pay the new amount. usually if you think a package might be released during your vacation time it's best not to pay in full up front and see if they release a special. It's always easier to pay less up front than try to get a refund later.

Do you need to keep contacting them asking for them to find a deal for you or do they initiate?
    They automatically apply new specials for their clients when they are released, if it saves you money. You don't have to do anything. It's one of the parts of MJ that is so wonderful. If there's any questions about whether or not to apply it they'll contact you. However, the MJ agents don't mind you contacting them with any questions. It's what they're there for, so feel free to do it as often as you need.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the helpful replies. I think I will move forward with my plans!
    July 2012 ~ Mariott's Grand Vista and Disney Dolphin; 2008 ~ Beach Club; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2004 ~Horizons by Marriott; 2001 ~Marriott Cypress Harbor; 1999 ~Wilderness Lodge; 1993 ~Dixie Landings; 1983 ~Polynesian; 1979 ~Contemporary; 1973 ~Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

How about this....two years ago we were snowed OUT of coming home!

We woke up on the morning we were to check out, were called by husband's work to be told that ALL airports were closed because they had terrible storm in New England. Well, we did not know what to do, did not want to stay in airport waiting, went to front desk and were told they had no room. Called our Magical Journeys person who called front desk for us. She got us our room for three more nights.

When we went to front desk with info she gave us, they said we could stay, but would have to pay "current" room rate...we went on a 99.00 per night rate....it would have gone up to almost 200.00 a night. I picked up cell phone and called Karen...she said give the phone to whomever was handling us....she spoke to them and they gave us the extra nights at the rate we had checked in for originally!!

That is why they are Magical!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile MJ - Request for Quote

Hi, I was just wondering how long it took to hear back from MJ, once you submitted your request for a quote.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki12974 View Post
    Hi, I was just wondering how long it took to hear back from MJ, once you submitted your request for a quote.
    Your question was answered in your other post.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Because Magical Journeys consultants work like crazy to help their clients. They train, sweat and worry over every last vacation quote and aren't satisfied until they have helped you get the very best Disney vacation at the lowest possible price. Trust me when I say these ladies work hard long days, most everyday, so that folks can get the vacation of their dreams.
    It's not 'work' if your doing something you enjoy. Let's just say that I 'work' 5 days out of every 7.

And why do I work? So that I can take my family to WDW, silly goose!

00 - Swan
    03 - Caribbean Beach
    04 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    06 - POR
    07 - Contemporary
    08 - POR
    09 - POR
    2010 - Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

Default We love MJ

Magical Journeys in the best! We had booked though a travel agent and they were not able to get us the free dining in September at the resort we wanted. We called Nanci at MJ and she was able to get us what we wanted and also gave us some other great advice! My husband was so impressed. He said that Nanci not only was very helpful, but she was extremely nice as well. This was the day free dining was announced so I am sure she was very busy! He said that he will no longer go through anyone else for WDW trips. He only wishes that they booked other vacations as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I just submitted my information at lunch and already had a message from Terrisue in my inbox when I got home! I'm soo excited and I'm loving all the possitive feedback from intercot family! Thanks you guys! I wouldn't have such a great TA from anyone else! You guys are the greatest!!!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

i was a little iffy myself...but wow they are great...im in the middle of planning my second trip with them..and i want everything to be perfect since its my Honeymoon im planning...i still have over a year..and i swear by the time it comes i think Wendy is going to hate me...i ask her sooo many questions..but she is so helpful..and i cant believe how fast she gets back to me...i feel like she is only working for me...shes that quick!! im hooked now...
    i just wish there was a way i could thank Wendy for everything she has and probably will do for me...im gonna owe her the world by the time im done annoying her for the next year!!..
    but anyway..i figured i would give it a try..that was just last year..and it turned out to be a very good thing...it doesnt hurt to try...and im glad i did...
    MJ and Wendy are great!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

As a previous poster said, I am a 'serial planner' myself and tend to spend way too much time trying to track down bargains on our trips. I enjoy it because it keeps the excitement of an upcoming WDW trip going for me.

Unfortunately, I do not have all the resources that my new friend at Magical Journeys (Denise) has and may miss something.

Now, I can sit back and relax, knowing that I will get the best deal available for our Sept. '08 excursion.

Next on my agenda is ADR's and La Nouba tickets!!!!! I already have March 28, 2008 on my calendar for making ADR's!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My question is if you go with MJ do you get the special disney luggage tags????
    Upcoming trips to DL Hojo's Oct 19-25 and Pop Cen Dec 30 09-Jan 06 10

Pop Cen, Wilderness L, Disney Wonder, Coronado Spr Mar 8-16 09
    Pop Cen Dec 13-19 08 Jan 12-18 08 Sept 15-22 07 Jan 15-21 07 Sept 28-Oct 5 06 Aug 5-12 05
    All St Music Jan 6-11 05

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
    My question is if you go with MJ do you get the special disney luggage tags????
    If you buy a package you do, not if you buy room only. I've booked my first two packages years ago myself and packages with MJ. I received everything with the package I booked through MJ that I would have received if I'd booked it myself.

Go fo it! You'll never go back to Disney without MJ!
    Nancy

DL - May 6-9, 2012
    DL - July 19-23, 2012
    CBR - Sept. 1-9, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Sept. 29-Oct. 11, 2012
    Pop & Disney Dream - Dec. 8-17, 2012

Feb. 3-5, 2013 - AoA Cars - Anniversary
    Feb. 5-9, 2013 - The Poly - Anniversary
    Feb. 23-Mar. 1 - 2013 - Disney Magic - DH's 60th BDay

Post Thanks / Like

And additionally, I was just off email with my amazing MJ rep - she will be making certain our papers (which are essential for the trip) are not with the luggage tags (which are not) when she sends them across the border, as she knows that Canadian Customs sometimes holds the papers when they're with the tags. For some reason they don't like the tags. I don't know if every MJ person knows this but I certainly didn't, and I appreciated the extra effort to make certain we have the required documents.
    Once as a kid
    Sept 1992 with hubby offsite
    May 2005 Disneyland Paris!
    Sept 2005 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2007 with hubby POP!
    Sept 2009 with hubby - AS Sports!
    Sept 2014 with hubby - POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I have read the posts here but I didn't see anyone mention payment for the trip. Do we pay Magical Journeys and they pay Disney or do we pay Disney direct? I wanted to use my Disney Visa and get the benefit of 6 months 0% interest. Also I got the fax to transfer my reservation to MJ, that seems scary. I haven't read anything bad about them but before I transfer, I want to make sure about the payment procedures.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: