Quantcast A Heartfelt Thank You

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Heartfelt Thank You

Hey everyone...

I just wanted to quickly thank everyone at the 10th anniversary events for making this weekend so special for me.
    I admit I was a little nervous about meeting you all, especially being one of the 'newbies' on the Intercot boards, but after dawning the tootsie roll costume...everything seemed to 'roll' my way. Meeting you all was probably the highlight of my trip...besides watching Illuminations from France of course...hehe.

I had an incredible time, and I want to thank all of you for making this weekend so special, and for making me feel so welcome in this WICKED awesome community. Thanks for sharing the stories, the awesome memories, and opening up your vast world of "Disneyana" onto me. I can't wait for #15!

Greg
    (aka *Tootsie*...apparently)
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hey, Greg!

It was great meeting you, too. Hopefully, we'll meet up in December, too.

PS - I remembered to pick up that Nemo CD before I left.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, Greg, you beat me to it! Just got home and had to check the boards to see how everyone was doing.

It was an awesome weekend, and many thanks to all the people who put it together -- the mods, the sponsors, the volunteers... we couldn't have done it without you!

Kathy

PS John, my kids love all the blinking lanyards!
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    It was an awesome weekend, and many thanks to all the people who put it together -- the mods, the sponsors, the volunteers... we couldn't have done it without you!

Kathy
    I second that! Thank you so much to everyone who organized the events, from the smallest trivia meets to the Illuminations party. Thanks for making my first "real" full trip so special! I miss you all already!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    PS - I remembered to pick up that Nemo CD before I left.
    ...ooooh! Can you burn me a copy so I don't have to pay for it? HAHAHA!
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!

9 trips to Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a great time too! It was so cool to put faces with names. My family really enjoyed themselves and can now understand why I spend so much time on these boards.

John, You did a great job of putting it together. All of the "gifts" were lots of fun. (And thank Goodness I did not have to kill anyone for that last lime green shirt!)

You have some amazing moderators that worked very hard on this meet and it showed. I love coming to this board because everyone is friendly and fun. Troublemakers don't seem to last too long around here... which is a good thing.

I know all moderators worked very hard, but I have to send a special thanks to Jeanne and Ellen. Them threatning to call Bobby at 2 am every morning until he said we could go worked! Let me know if you need a family member threatened... I am there for you.

Anyway, it was fast and furious but we enjoyed every mimute of the meet.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I had a great time getting to know you, Toots...I mean Greg! You were fun to hang around and were awesome with Jacob.

I want to add my voice to the huge thank you to all the people who worked hard to make this event a success. Everyone was incredibly friendly and inclusive. I had a blast!

Amy

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

We had a great time.....so great to meet and chat with so many of you. See you next time
    FT Wilderness every year since 1976..TRIPS IN 2010....Princess Marathon March10 (Contemporary),Easter 2010 (AKL), Memorial Day Weekend 2010 (FW Cabins), June 2010 (Wliderness Lodge), Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Sept 10 (DGC), Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon Oct 2010 (WL)

Post Thanks / Like

Angel, it was great to meet my "bodyguard" face to face! Sorry I wasn't so talkative though... which brings me too...

Amy, I'm working on being less... prolific!

It was great to meet both of you!

Grego... I was nervous too! I was for a long time! Now I can tell my parents who you were. They asked about that "tootsie roll" all night long! You were quite a hit with my family, even though we never spoke!

This was a great experience!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Morgan, prolific is a good thing!!! I would never want you to be less so. It's because you're so familiar to me on the boards that I wanted to meet you! (Read my trip report. My brief meeting with you and your folks was one of my highlights!)
    Amy

"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    Morgan, prolific is a good thing!!! I would never want you to be less so. It's because you're so familiar to me on the boards that I wanted to meet you! (Read my trip report. My brief meeting with you and your folks was one of my highlights!)
    Amy

As I was posting today, I don't know how to be less! haha.

I'm a highlight!!! Yay!!!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Wink We had a BLAST!!!

Hubby and I have been on here for about a year but never really posted much. After meeting so many great people we will be on here more often.

Thank you so much for making this past weekend possible. We have created memories and have made friendships that will last a lifetime.

Until we meet again,
    Michelle and Brian Boyce
    An hour from Disney; annual passes in hand. Anything less would be uncivilized.
    10 year AP holders and going like the Energizer Bunny
    Going to Universal Orlando would be blasphemous
    We visit WDW at least once a week; resort stays once a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousefever View Post
    I had a great time getting to know you, Toots...I mean Greg! You were fun to hang around and were awesome with Jacob.
    Thanks for the kind words Amy. Meeting you and your son was one of my highlights of the weekend. Thanks for being there, and making the weekend that much more fun and enjoyable. I can't wait to see you again hopefully sooner than later!
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!

9 trips to Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDudet View Post
    Grego... I was nervous too! I was for a long time! Now I can tell my parents who you were. They asked about that "tootsie roll" all night long! You were quite a hit with my family, even though we never spoke!
    I guess now I HAVE to post pics of the costume then...eh? Oh boy. Maybe I'll post a few on my trip report!

We actually did meet on Sat while waiting for Mickey, but very briefly. I hope a longer conversation will ensue next anniversary...hehe!
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!

9 trips to Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grego77 View Post
    I guess now I HAVE to post pics of the costume then...eh? Oh boy. Maybe I'll post a few on my trip report!

We actually did meet on Sat while waiting for Mickey, but very briefly. I hope a longer conversation will ensue next anniversary...hehe!
    Here we have a Tootsie Roll ready for an evening on the town, looking smart and sassy in black and white.

And here we have Toots showing the versatility of this long favorite chocolate treat before he starts his assault on IASW.

Sorry, still haven't tagged the photos.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great Job

I agree with all that's been said before me. It was an "awesome" experience. I have to personally thank Ellen for helping me through some schedule conflicts. Every great group must count on their workhorses to make get-togethers go smooth. I think our horses are the best and made all of us a weekend we will talk about for a long time to come. I can not wait until our next shindig.
    Lanny
    Have been going to WDW since 1981
    Have a Great Day
    Health and Happiness to all Disney Freaks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Here we have a Tootsie Roll ready for an evening on the town, looking smart and sassy in black and white.

And here we have Toots showing the versatility of this long favorite chocolate treat before he starts his assault on IASW.

Sorry, still haven't tagged the photos.
    ...oh boy. What a fun night.
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!

9 trips to Disneyland!

Post Thanks / Like

Greg, that costume is too cute haha!

I wish we were all going again this weekend!!!!!!!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: