Quantcast Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW - Page 14

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default want to know a secret?

Want to know a secret?...Promise not to tell?...I was standing next to a wishing well..and sooooo I'm planning for THREE Halloween parties...Shhh...it's our little secret...tee hee...Karen won't know what to think...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a beautiful story! I can assure you that it will live up to all your expectations. I don't take for granted one minute of my family time there and your memories and time will be worth everything.
    I wish you the happiest time at the happiest time on earth! Ride the Haunted Mansion an extra time for me!
    Poly GVC 11/04
    BC 09/05
    WL/Disney Wonder 5/06
    Poly LVC 09/06
    AKL club/WLvillas Jan/Feb 07
    CR/&Poly LVC 11/07
    Poly/LVC 08/08
    Poly LVC 03/ 09
    HHI 7/09
    Poly LVC Aug 09
    Poly Club 4/10
    Poly 8/10
    DL Hotel 8/10
    Poly 9/10
    CR/Poly Easter '11
    Vero/Poly 7/11
    DL 8/11
    10/11 MNSSHP
    FUTURE CP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let the count down begin....

Starting tomorrow our trip will be 189 days away and 9 days before I can lock in our dining plans....Since I'm finding it harder and harder to remain calm as the time ticks down I thought it might help if I share my vaction schedule for the 10 days we will be going for...one days schedule per day until either I'm to exhausted or the schedule runs out which ever comes 1st....sadly I'm sure it will be the Schedule.. To begin with alittle background info: On October 23 2011 to November 2nd (When karen will take me back to the airport...screamin' and kickin' the whole way...careful, I spit....We will be staying at the Caribbean Resort in one of the Pirate Rooms next to some kind of water (so says ye pirate booking wench Arrr...)I hope it has a view of the lake so I can be on the look out for any and all gators...the kind with ticking clocks in their belly or any other kind....coming from Iowa I'm not to fond of lizards with more teeth than I have. (On the upside though I do love sweet corn). So we fly out of St Paul Mn early in the morning so that we can arrive early enough to enjoy half a day in the Magic Kindom (hey, poppa din't raise no fool)....now what Karen DOESN"T KNOW is that we get to stay longer 'cause if I'm guessing right we're going to MNSSHP (fingers and eyes crossed) but I'm starting to get a head of myself (which is more than the headless horseman can say I'm guessin').The 1st thing on our...um..."my" list of things to do is become a full fledged pirate by joining the Pirate League. After I get the look and the duds to go with it, it's time to seek out the Photopass people, after that any rides that we can fit in before Dinner at Cinderella's castle...I promised Karen we could do "It's a Small World" as the 1st ride....I lied...ain't I a stinker! Haunted Mansion here I come!!! Hope the ghost steals my head which is ironicly the opposite of what I hope the Headless Horseman does to me) and that pretty much sums up day one of my plans...and since my excitement meter is rising I think it's a good place to pause until tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like

I KNEW you would have to go back!
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

How incredibly sweet! Sounds like the makings of a magical vacation! Having a husband who loves WDW and is willing to go the extra mile to "plus it" (as Walt would say) and make the journey special, is a wonderful thing. I should know! I have one of those men too! I hope you both have a wonderful time!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Schedule for day two...

Now that I'm working 3rd shift sleep comes when ever I can grab some so I'm sorry for not posting earlier, the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak Since we will be attending MNSSHP the 1st night for our 2nd day we will sleep in alittle and than go Hang out with Winnie the Pooh & gang at the Cyrstal Palce for Breakfast where I can have a glass of whole milk and not have Karen scold me...I mean really, what she gonna do in front of the bear?!? Especially if I slip him a "smackeral" of hunny under the table...us bears gotta stick together...silly ole bears...We'll be in the Magic Kingdom all day and with the extra evening hours we'll have plenty of time to play. I bought a pressed coin book and thought it would be fun to go on a "treasure hunt" for as many coins as I can find or until my money runs out...and/or both. Cinderella's lunch will be around 12:30 and I don't even have to look to hard at the menu because Major Domo's pie has been calling my name ever since we left the Magic Kingdom...yeah buddy it was that good!!! A little surprise for Karen will be the Pirate & Pals fireworks and then where ever our travels take us as we hunt pressed coins in the Magic Kingdom, eat Mickey Mouse candy bars, and look for some cool Disney pins and things to take home.....then it's home to sleep in our pirate ship bed and dream of the next days adventures....

Post Thanks / Like

Default 185 days 14 hours 3 minutes and 42 seconds to go....

Oh maaaaannnn I just looked at my count down calendar and we're down to 185 days 14 hours 3 minutes and 42 seconds, I mean 41 seconds, um...40 seconds, (well it's kinda hard to pin point the seconds.... until we're in Disney World...Breathe John, Breathe..On October 25 after the previous days hunt of pressed coins I hope to awaken to the sound of Karen counting my treasure into stacks like Uncle Scrooge might do. Breakfast this day is with Cinderella and friends at her castle where I will keep a close look out for Snow White ( ...she had me at hello along time ago). Karen has informed me that since Tinker bell's Treasure shop is gone and you can't wake up Tink anymore that I can sit still and not squirm in my seat during breakfast....Last time I snuck down to the rope drop while she finished eating (Note to self: Karen doesn't like to eat alone) After playing in the park and maybe trying to find a paint brush at Tom Sawyers Island it's Lunch at the Crystal Palace. If anyone has advice on what is good to eat during lunch I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. After lunch we have a long time to walk around the park to "work off" all the food we ate at lunch...On a side note, I can't help but remember when Winnie the Pooh ate so much that he got stuck in Rabbits hole as he tried to leave...um, I sure hope the Crystal Palace has wide doors. So after all the playing and walking to work off extra pounds from lunch, it's time to go to Contemportary's California Grill to watch the fireworks and....eat dinner....and then to waddle home to our resort....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh Babbbyyyy!!!!

So rumour has it that tommorrow the MNSSHP tickets go on sale!!! Sadly I have to work tonight and I'm so pumped up that I may not be able to take a little nap before I go in....but on the upside I think work will rush by and I can listen to disney tunes to get me in the mood to call early .....Sooooo anywwwaaayyy, on October 26th we are going to....oh wait a sec, I almost forgot to tell you about the tour I added for the 25th. It's called Family Magic Tour and it's a scavenger hunt AND I'm doing the Pirate League on the 25th cause it works better for timing...I certainly don't want to be late, late for a very important date!!! Now then, back to the 26th. Breakfast with Donald and friends at the Tusker house where a whole mess O' fruit juice will be enjoyed by the both of us....I think it's one of my favorite memories from our 1st trip. Since dinner will be the next meal at Jiko's The cooking place after the Animal Kingdom closes, it will give us plenty of time to see the animals and hunt for the mystical Yeti ....and see and do as much as we can in a day. After Dinner maybe we can sneak over to another park or just enjoy our "Pirate room quarters", pig out on Halloween candy, Mickey mouse chocolate bars, or Snow white Fruit gems and fall asleep in a sugar induced state to dream about the next days adventures ....Sigh...only 175 more days to go....

Post Thanks / Like

I just love reading all of your stories!!! I am waiting for the MNSSHP tickets to come out too!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lions & Tiggers & Bears Oh My!

Lions & Tiggers & Bears Oh My! Leaving for work in a half hour, but just had to post that I got tickets for MNSSHP for the three days I was hoping for Oct 23, 25 and Halloween night AND the tickets are supposed to be here TOMORROW...ZIPPITEE DE DO DA INDEED!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on getting your tickets!

The Halloween Party is my favorite. The projections on Main Street, the candy, the best parade and fireworks ever...
    Your going to have a blast.

Headless Horsemen and Candy and Ghosts, Oh My.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OOOooooOOOO....t-h-e-...c-l-a-w.....

We'll be at Disney's Hollywood Studios on the 27th of October early in the morning to eat breakfast at Hollywood & Vine with the Little Einsteins and Handy Manny. We don't really know who they are, but as long as they make a good omelete it's all good.(hey one of the guys name has "Handy" in it so I figure he must be good in the kitchen) If the little Einsteins are anything like how "the little Worleys" were as they were growning up it should prove to be interesting. Ironically my youngest graduates next Sunday...I'll have to remember to pack his breakfast plate and eating utinsils in his "college moving box" should he try to put his dish back in the cupboard I will break out the song I've been practicing for just this occasion "Put- that- thing -back -where -it -came -from- or -so -help me!!!"....I'm thinkin' about writing a play about it. but I digress....After breakfast it's off to grab a fastpass for "Tower of Terror" I'd ride it right after breakfast, but I'm kinda thinkin' maybe we should wait alittle if you know what I mean It is my hope to run into my favorite Monsters Mike & Sulley today...After riding rides and trying to leave my footprints at the famous Hollywood theater, we eat lunch at The Pizza Planet where I hope they have a real claw machine where I can grab a little green alien dude....or 4....I promised my kids I'd bring them all a green alien. (yikes!) I hear tell that somewhere in Disney's Hollywood studio you can have an animator draw a sketch for a custom made watch, and I'd like to consider getting one or at least watch them make one. after more rides and shows we eat a early dinner at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano for tickets to Fantasmic and some kind of Italian food...(Speaking of food, I forgot to share that I was able to get every meal reservation we were hoping for Yay!!!) Having never seen Fantasmic, we're both looking forword to it and then drifting off to La-la land to rest up for the next days adventure.

Psst....T-Minus 169 days and counting...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epcot!

On the 28 we will have been in Disney World for 6 days which only tell me that it's time to "grow up" and head on over to Epot do appreciate the taste of different cultures in a sophisticated manor.... which of course means that we'll be eating breakfast with the Princesses at the Akerhus Royal Banquet hall with autograph book and appetite in hand....sylin' in Red Mickey Mouse crocs and Mickey Mouse ears. I'll be the guy looking for Snow White and jumping up and down when I see her...some might think that will make me look "Dopey" but if I don't see her I sure hope I don't become "Grumpy". After hobnobbing with Royalty and asking them where to find some pressed coins, it's off to fill our Epcot Passport and look for Kinder Eggs....I sure hope they have some in Germany, they are the coolest chocolate eggs EVER cause they have toys in the middle of them! Epcot has so much to do there that we want to be sure to take our time, find the rides, and learn all about the real important cultural questions of each land...like, what time do they eat lunch in Japan, and are we gonna be late? More importantly, will there be desert? To discover the answer to these burning questions we will be eating lunch at Teppan Edo which I'm guessing is Japanese for "Quick!, hide the food, it's that guy who doesn't know when to stop eating and always asks if Snow White will be arriving anytime soon!" Rumour has it that Snow White hangs out somewhere in Epcot, so after lunch it's off to....well you get the picture... That night after filling our minds all day with knowledge and appreciation for different people & different lands, it's time to hang with crush the turtle and learn about the ocean...or at least ask him to point the way to the Coral Reef for dinner. We think this place is so cool that we're eating there twice during our trip. One time for steak and one time for sea food...and both times for light up Buzz lightyear and Tinker bells!....after Dinner it's off to find more illumination by watching...uh, illumination....oh yeah...and pressed coins for my pirate swag Arrrr......

Post Thanks / Like

When in Epcot and searching for Pressed Pennies, look in the gift shop at the International Gateway for China. There isn't a machine in China. We learned this the hard way and looked all day for the one for China. I was trying to get one from every country. Also, explore in, around, and behind every country for hidden treasures.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks!

Thanks for the advice, I will have to check out the nooks and crannys of Epcot! Who doesn't like hidden treasure

Post Thanks / Like

Default ....And now back to our pre-trip dream and a new surprise

Ok, I have a confession to make, I couldn't deal with the excitement of thinking of our trip (in now only 30 days!!!) so rather than drive myself crazy day dreaming all day, I had to step away from posting about our trip....I hated to do it, but NOOWW if I don't talk about it I'll go crazy.... what's up with that!?!.....To pass the time I was able to do some more planning and read every blog I could think of (Sigh...)Soooo anyway I'll try to do my best to maintain my sanity as I share some cool things we will be doing....can't promise though. When I asked Karen to marry me 25 years ago, I was in the Army and had to decide if I was going to stay in or get out as it was time for my enlistment to end. At the end of the day, all really I knew was that I didn't want to spend anymore time away from Karen and since I had to give the Army an answer real soon I decided to ask Karen to marry me....I couldn't do it in person, so I called her on the phone and fullfilled ever girls dream ...and proposed over the phone...I have thought about how lame this was over the years and from time to time Karen has teased me about how she was asked. Of course I have to remind her that her answer of "I'll think about it" didn't exactly help me decide what to do next in my military and life experiences....anyway, a light bulb went off in my head, and so I called Cinderella's castle and asked if they could help me propose the right way...kinda like a do-over. So after all these years after we have dinner at the Castle on the 23rd and during desert, they will bring out a covered platter. Underneath the platter will be a minature Cinderella carriage and in that a Tinker Bell ring on a bed of rose petals...right then I will get down on one knee (um...as long as my knees hold up...gulp) and ask her the right way...to spend the rest of our lives together now that our kids are grown....then it's off to the Halloween Party...Shhh, Mums the word....

Post Thanks / Like

You are the most romantic Disney freak ever! Sounds like a great plan!
    Check out my pics, maps and brochures from 1975 on my home page!

Post Thanks / Like

Default um....

Um...thanks....I think....hahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Default On the 29th we go to....

Before I share what we will be doing on the 29th, I have a few more updates to share. Since the Disney proposal I have worked out includes the price of dinner, I had dining points left so I was able to get two more meals planned....and a diet when we return to Iowa me thinks...On the 24th we have dinner booked at "the Wave" in the Contemporary Resort and a "Yak and Yeti" sit down dinner for the 26th when we are at the Animal Kingdom....on another side note we just received our Mickey Mouse Club Sweatshirts with our names on them and Club Logo for the Halloween parties.... Finally we will be joining the upper crust (and with any luck )for a Garden View Tea setting at the Grand Floridian Resort where we will be celebrating our unbirthdays with tea and tarts...or perhaps tart tea even. Now then, back to the 29th. The whole day will be spent at Epcot consentrating on becoming great detectives in the vein of Sherlock Homes, Basil of Bakerstreet, or even Kim Possible..Hey, if you can get Karen to eat snails for lunch in France anything is "possible"...but yet again I digress....Speaking of France, we will be eating said snails at "Chefs de France" during when"Remy" is due to come out to talk to people, which is funny now that I think of it because as much as I am bothered by the thought of gators, snakes, and Hobo stew, she is afraid of mice....um, remind me to tell you about the time I was in a deep sleep and Karen screamed a "Fay-Wray-as-loud-as-she-could" scream of terror about two feet from my ear when she saw a mouse....my ears are still ringing....did I tell you sometimes I digress..Ahem....anyhoo, after spenting time in the World Showcase traveling to China, Germany, Italy, America, and France we have dinner at LeCellier Steakhouse in Canada. My goal is to be able to spend some good time discovering things in the World Showcase and then concentrate on the front part of Epcot another day....Well, that and discovering what smells so good in the Magic Kingdom....

Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed reading all your thoughts in these posts. I will be looking for your trip report when you return!!
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: