Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Trust Ian to be the WIP voice in this thread . The ballpark is small, but the dimensions are the same as the VET. The mistake that was made is they did not take into account the effects of an open stadium with those dimensions. They are fine if you are playing inside a bowl.

Oh and regarding your budget comment. This guy became too rich even for the Yankees! There are only 2 or 3 teams who operate with basically an unlimited budget and even they have limits (see my Yankees comment). You, and a lot of other people in Philadelphia, will always look for the negative when it comes to the Phillies (and people are starting to do now with the Eagles) but are quick to heap love on them when things are going our way and last September is a prime example.
The dimensions of the field may be the same as the Vet (don't know if that's true or not, but I'll take your word for it), but the configuration of the field isn't. The walls are lower so it's easier for balls to leave the park and I also could swear someone told me that the left field fence is like 10 feet closer than it was at the Vet.

In regards to criticizing/heaping love on teams ... I see no problem with that. If the Phillies are on a run, I think it's only natural for people to support them.

But I've never understood why people think that supporting a team means you can't also criticize them? If you're truly passionate about your team you want them to do everything they can to win and I don't think that the Phillies do enough.

Look at this off season! What have they done to get better? Virtually nothing. And this nickel and diming of Ryan Howard ... come on. The dude is the best player on your team. PAY THE MAN!