Quantcast Christmas Day Parade ABC Special [Merged Threads] - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

We watched it last night after the crowds left our home. It was pretty good, but as many of you have said, it was the same thing as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. I thought they did less stuff on park attractions and devoted more time to the parade than in year's past. I agree with previous posts regarding Hannah Montanna's performance (and too-short skirt). I could have done without Jessica Simpson. How about giving Miley the finale? She is bringing the company in money left over right, not Jessica.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" WED

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I watched it, and I enjoyed it.

If I hadn't enjoyed watching, I probably would have chosen not to watch, instead of taking notes of all the things I didn't like.

Of course it's full of promotional stuff, should that really come as that much of a surprise? Is it really that much of an issue? Honestly, I enjoy the promotional stuff. Everyone gets excited to watch new vacation planning videos when they come out.... they're promotional stuff, so what's the big deal with the parade having promotional stuff in it. It's really no surprise that it's going to be there.

I wonder how much more some folks would enjoy watching, if they actually watched for enjoyment and not to look for things to complain about.

Again, I enjoyed it. And that's my opinion.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I watched it, and I enjoyed it.

If I hadn't enjoyed watching, I probably would have chosen not to watch, instead of taking notes of all the things I didn't like.

Of course it's full of promotional stuff, should that really come as that much of a surprise? Is it really that much of an issue? Honestly, I enjoy the promotional stuff. Everyone gets excited to watch new vacation planning videos when they come out.... they're promotional stuff, so what's the big deal with the parade having promotional stuff in it. It's really no surprise that it's going to be there.

I wonder how much more some folks would enjoy watching, if they actually watched for enjoyment and not to look for things to complain about.

Again, I enjoyed it. And that's my opinion.
    The point of a discussion board is to discuss. There is always someone that has a different view ... and likes and dislikes are part of everyday Disney life. This is a forum for discussing the topics that are posted ... and sometimes there are aspects that aren't as pleasing to some ... it wouldn't be a very fun place for discussing if everyone just sat back and thought exactly the same way as everyone else ...
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    The point of a discussion board is to discuss. There is always someone that has a different view ... and likes and dislikes are part of everyday Disney life. This is a forum for discussing the topics that are posted ... and sometimes there are aspects that aren't as pleasing to some ... it wouldn't be a very fun place for discussing if everyone just sat back and thought exactly the same way as everyone else ...
    Indeed. And so I voice an opinion.

Perhaps I wasn't negative enough.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think your negativity got through just fine. The point is that you are just as entitled to state that you enjoyed the parade, as some others were in voicing their displeasure. All opinions are welcome, little jabs at each other are not.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

It's fine and dandy that you loved the parade this year. I'm glad you did.

But the way I read it, subject matter aside, your opinion is that differing views from yours shouldn't be validated. We all have an opinion and have the right to express it here without personal attacks. We aren't all going to like the same things, and like Michael said, this is a discussion board where we talk about those differences.

I loved all the promotional stuff in the parade, and totally expected it. The parts I didn't care for were some of the performances, which were essentially part of the parade. If I don't like Jessica Simpson normally, I'm not going to like her just because she's part of something Disney. It's just not realistic.

Let's please stay on track here and discuss our thoughts on the Christmas Parade. All opinions welcome!

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Yes, Snow White's Prince is simply the Prince, or Snow Prince.

Prince Charming is Cinderella's. I went ballastic on that part...for about 15 minutes.

I also hated how they switched the parade floats and who/what was on them.

Clarabell, and Horace, Aurora, Snow White...not to mention all the characters were in their regular outfits, not Christmas gear (other than Mickey and Minnie).

I pointed out all of my friends like the Pooh, Hatter, elves, the soldiers and Mrs. Claus.

Meh, it's better live and even then, I still don't like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    Yes, Snow White's Prince is simply the Prince, or Snow Prince.

Prince Charming is Cinderella's. I went ballastic on that part...for about 15 minutes.
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one who noticed that!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We watched it. My 20 month old twin girls loved it. They were waving at the charachters and dancing along with the parade.

But I also taped the Samantha Brown special on the travel channel. That was just made in 2007 and I really enjoyed that.

But for the parade we had no voices for the first 15 minutes. And it always seems like Regis and Kelly are so annoyed to be there. I understanding needing hosts but if they could get some that really enjoy it it would be nice.

Though I always think Ryan Seacrest does a good job.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Taped it - because I was working Christmas day.

Watched the first hour that night after I got home.

Got bored with it, went to bed.

Watched the second hour the next night.

And saw less of a parade and more of a commercial for YoMD and "stuff".

I only saw about 15 minutes worth calling a "parade", really. Only one or two performances from the guest (high school) marching bands. Didn't see much of the same parade that's been running daily here since last week. Too much stuff from the other parks - Stars and Motor Cars, Festival of the Lion King, Jingle Jungle, etc. The Disneyland portion seemed like it was more of a parade there, even though this was called "the Walt Disney WORLD Christmas Parade". Didn't care for the ending with Jessica Simpson, either; Santa Claus should be the end of the show...
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed the parade --- but I am a hard-core WDW fan --- and a DVC member -- was actually glad they showed footage of DVC --- the best thing I have ever purchased --- at least the money I spent on that didn't go down the toilet like my Janus mercury mutual fund did! Lost 80% of that one! AT least I have years of going to WDW left --- but I have always been bummed that the parade was taped --- didn't know that -- in 1998 -- spent 2 weeks there and had my place staked for the "live" parade to be told it was taped the day I had arrived and I didn't know it. And cast members seem to be hush about it and won't disclose when the performers are being taped. Anyone know how to find out that info for next year? Would love to have seen HSM cast and Miley Cyrus --- oh, and who let Mylie wear a sweater dress with boots and an aggressive cameraman with an upward angle when she spread her legs??? A little inappropriate for a 15y.o. My husband laughed all the way thru and stated there's no way in God'd green Earth he would let his 15 y.o. wear ONLY that on t.v. With Jamie Lynn preggers, was disappointed in her clothing choice... anyone else agree?
    cindymouse6
    OKW, BW, BC DVC owners
    Contemp. 8/78
    OKW 93,94,95
    BW 96, OKW 96
    Honeymoon OKW 5/97 x2weeks
    DCL 3/02, 12/04, 12/06
    +++Too many to count! 25 times since 1994!! and counting!

This year: OKW 7/08, BC & BW 12/08, BC 3/09, AKL 6/09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: