Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lea Ann..I will keep you company in the "unpregnant" club. Sorry guys..I am not jealous. I have 2 beautiful kids and 2 beautiful step-daughters.
    Terra..I read your post about the shopping trip..I remember Joshua at that stage!
    All of the new mommies to be Congrats!!!
    All of the new mommies..hope you are doing well and that babies are letting you get some rest
    Susan..I had gestational diabetes for both of my kids..they swore I was a diabetic because my sugar went up very early. But each time my sugar went back to nrmal after I delivered. I know the day is coming though..But They treated me as a diabetic throughout the pregnancy so if you have any questions or concerns just let me know.
    May524..you are soooo close..you will make it. Lots of warm showers and stretching..easy for me to say right!
    Lea Ann..did you get my Facebook message? I am wondering how the drive with the kids went..we are going to try it this summer (going to Kingston). I am worried about Mackenzie in the car. Any tips????
    Ok..I think I have covered everyone. Keep us all posted.
    michelle

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    Lea Ann..did you get my Facebook message? I am wondering how the drive with the kids went..we are going to try it this summer (going to Kingston). I am worried about Mackenzie in the car. Any tips????
    OMG - I did, and I did not reply! I think today is the most I have been able to get online - sending you a facebook msg now! SORRY!!!

UPDATE:
    Michelle, your novel awaits you on FB!!!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseaddict View Post
    Susan..I had gestational diabetes for both of my kids..they swore I was a diabetic because my sugar went up very early. But each time my sugar went back to nrmal after I delivered. I know the day is coming though..But They treated me as a diabetic throughout the pregnancy so if you have any questions or concerns just let me know.
    Thanks. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions. My BS readings are actually the first thing that clued me in that I might be pregant. I had been keeping such good control on it, and then without changing anything, my numbers were sky high! Of course, it took another week and a half before I knew for sure! I don't see my OB for another week, so I'm a little concerned about my BS being high..
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the non pregnant club too Flower!

We weighed the baby today- he is a whopping 13 lbs!!!
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy View Post
    I am in the non pregnant club too Flower!

We weighed the baby today- he is a whopping 13 lbs!!!
    Go PJ!!! It's all that nursing!! LOL....David gained alot too because of it!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I met a girl I used to work with at the mall last week. Her little girl was 6 months old on Christmas Day - She weighs 22 pounds!!! She was an average-sized baby at around 6.7, so obviously she is a great eater! Ben is not even at 25 pounds yet at 14 months! She asked me to hold her for a minute and I could totally feel the difference between her and Ben!

I thought Ben was small because I nursed for so long. Of which, I finally stopped nursing while we were away! On Saturday the 11th Jays parents spent the night with the boys at POP and Jay and I stayed at POR before the marathon. After having that 1 night apart he did not want anything more to do with BF in the middle of the night (which is all he was down to).

He is still waking up in the middle of the night WHICH IS KILLING ME, but I keep a bottle with powered formula on my dresser and just add the water when he wakes up and take it to him.

Any advice on helping him sleep thru the night would be appreciated. He goes to sleep around 7 pm and wakes up around 2. Once I give him a bottle he sleeps thru until 7 again.

Terra, how is going weaning David from your bed?
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the proud aunt to ANOTHER nephew! YAY! He is pefrect! Labor and delivery was smooth for my sister, and she is doing fantastic as well as the baby! He was 8 lbs 20 inches. He is so cute!

Was anyone else terrified of labor as a 1st time mom??? I am so scared...even now more so! 7 more weeks!
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    I met a girl I used to work with at the mall last week. Her little girl was 6 months old on Christmas Day - She weighs 22 pounds!!! She was an average-sized baby at around 6.7, so obviously she is a great eater! Ben is not even at 25 pounds yet at 14 months! She asked me to hold her for a minute and I could totally feel the difference between her and Ben!

I thought Ben was small because I nursed for so long. Of which, I finally stopped nursing while we were away! On Saturday the 11th Jays parents spent the night with the boys at POP and Jay and I stayed at POR before the marathon. After having that 1 night apart he did not want anything more to do with BF in the middle of the night (which is all he was down to).

He is still waking up in the middle of the night WHICH IS KILLING ME, but I keep a bottle with powered formula on my dresser and just add the water when he wakes up and take it to him.

Any advice on helping him sleep thru the night would be appreciated. He goes to sleep around 7 pm and wakes up around 2. Once I give him a bottle he sleeps thru until 7 again.

Terra, how is going weaning David from your bed?
    Actually those are great stretches and it is completely normal for them to not sleep through the night until closer to 2 years old...there is much neuro activity and brain development going on around this time disrupting sleep...But for sleeping that first 7 hour stretch actually IS STTN .....Most pediatricians will actually evenn say that if they sleep 6-8 hours in a row, it is STTN..

If you really want him to STTN there are ways [check out the NO CRY SLEEP SOLUTION...it worked great for naps for David!...but personally I don't believe in sleep training a child, I let them take the lead, especially in light of research that shows it's normal....I would say honestly your little munchkin doing great...Also, teething molars is coming already too, if it hasn't already so that will disrupt sleep abit...
    Anyway....really, those stretches are wonderful!!!! You're doing great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by May524 View Post
    I'm the proud aunt to ANOTHER nephew! YAY! He is pefrect! Labor and delivery was smooth for my sister, and she is doing fantastic as well as the baby! He was 8 lbs 20 inches. He is so cute!

Was anyone else terrified of labor as a 1st time mom??? I am so scared...even now more so! 7 more weeks!
    Ahhh...I was scared cold with David!!
    But I promise, once things start happening...suddenly that fear is gone and you are excited [and in pain...sorry! lol]....you don't really think about being scared..

And for me....the last 2 weeks of pregnancy were so uncomfortable I got to the point I would cry at night hoping it would happen anytime...

Congrats on being an Aunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Terra, When I was looking at him sleeping the 7 hours uninterrupted, it does sound good, it just stinks that he wakes me up!!! I wanna have a good nights sleep for once!!! There - I just needed to vent!!!
    (What is STTN?)

May,
    Congrats on being an Aunt!!!
    Scared? Oh yah, but I kept telling myself throughout the pregnancy that we had tried so hard to get pregnant that a few hours of pain would be worth it - and it was definitely worth it! (Except the few hours turned into 25 hours!!)

My water broke at 2345 hrs, I experienced leg labour from 0400-0800 and then everything just stopped. At 1000 the Dr ordered the pictocin, I did not get it until 1300 and then the leg labour started again around 1600, I asked for an epidural and things were nice and relaxing until I had to push at 2300 until 0106.

I had never heard of leg labour before and I think I am completely weird, but I seriously was having contractions along the outside of my hips and my glutes. I would be laying there and the nurse was looking at the monitor telling me I should be feeling a contraction in my stomach and honest to god I did not feel a thing in my belly but everything was shooting thru the sides of my legs - WEIRD!!! Maybe Ben was on a nerve or something and causing it to spazz.

Anyway, none of that mattered and I honestly told Jay as soon as I delivered that it wasn't so bad and I would do it again!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...Oh I hear ya about having to wake up!! LOL...

Oh hey, do you think a sippy of water in the crib may work? I've had a friend who had great success with that. She put a sippy of water in the crib and the toddler would drink that and not even cry and go back to sleep....

I know for David, he is just geniunly hungry....he goes to bed at 7pm to and sleeps until 6am....so sometimes for their little tummies it can be a long stretch without anything....especially if there is a growth spurt!

Oh STTN=Sleeping through the night....[sometimes I forget and think I'm on my mommy boards and type that here!! lol]

Leg labor....ouch!! I bet that hurt too!...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! I just found this thread and thought that I would stop in and say hello! I am pregnant with a baby boy and due on May 20th! We also have a DD2 - Sophie. We have decided to take her to WDW the first week of March for a special trip before her baby brother arrives!

I was just reading through some of the other posts and saw some about gestational diabetes. With my DD I failed the 1 hour screen and had to go back for the 3 hour which I did pass. It is time for me to go for the 1 hour for this pregnancy and I am worried that I will fail again. Hopefully everything will be ok, but at least I know where I can come for advice if need be!

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself as another Mommy and Mommy-to-Be! Have a great day!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome ljv1975!!!! Congrats on your little boy!!
    We're having a boy in July!!!

I hope you have a 'magical' time on your Disney trip...that will nice to have that last hurrah with just one child! Then taking 2 ought to be twice as fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

I go for my first OB visit tomorrow morning. I've read up on it, so I know what to expect, but I'm still nervous (being really new to the pregnant thing ). Any surprises I should be ready for?
    At least we'll find out the date. I'm guessing it's around Oct. 3 by counting for myself, but we'll see what the doc says.
    We've been debating whether or not to tell. Right now only my parents and my brother and his girlfriend know. We're visiting Dh's parents tomorrow to tell them. I just don't think either of us can keep the secret much longer. My dad's 60th b-day party is this Sunday, so I think we may announce it then. How long did you all wait to spill the beans?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, no surprises really....be prepared for bloodwork, lots and lots of paperwork and exams though And usually get a fun free kit that has all kinds of magazines and samples!

And if your OB is anything like mine be prepared to wait!

Let us know how it goes!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Ilovejack! I can't really think of any surprises at the Doctors, bloodwoork, they'll set up an ultrasounds, pretty routine stuff at this point.

I found out at 7 weeks and we did not tell our parents or anyone until just over 10 weeks - it killed me to not tell my mom, but with a past miscarriage we wanted to make sure we were closer to the 12 weeks before telling everyone. Once we told our family we did not care who knew.

I think it was pretty cool how we told our family. Ben was a 'Disney Souvenir' from our February trip (2006), and my in-laws were having Easter dinner and they invited my mom & her boyfriend too.

I made Easter Cards for them that read Happy Easter, with 3 cut out Mickey heads along the bottom and ribbons at the side. When you pulled out the ribbons there was a cardstock insert that pulled out to reveal 3 ultrasound pictures hidden under the 3 Mickeys and the insert read 'Introducing our Disney Souvenir slated to arrive in November 2006'.

It was fun to watch their faces as they looked at the ultrasound pictures and tried to figure it all out! My mom thought it meant she was going back to Disney with us in November, until she realized they were ultra sound pics.
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Lea-Ann, that is so cool about Ben being a Disney souvenir!!

I have my next prenatal appointment this Thursday. I can't believe I'm 4 whole months already!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mind if I join in?

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with #2 right now and man this pregnancy has not been fun. It's so weird. My pregnancy with my DD was a breeze. It's really taken an emotional toll on me for sure. I've had hyperemisis and SPD. The hyperemisis has abated, but the pelvic pain is here and staying for the duration. I've also had major digestion issues and seem to be catching every bug under the sun. Now the constant heartburn has set in. I'm a joy huh? I promise not to complain in every post!

I'm going to be seeing a naturopathic doctor in a few weeks to get things going to help boost my immune system and get me out of my funk. I've been seeing a chiropractor for my pelvic and back pain and it's really helped SO much. It's still *there*, but I can walk for longer periods of time without terrible pain now

I'm going to be having a homebirth (possibly water birth if I'm so inclined in the moment) and I'm very excited. My midwife is wonderful. I love that she comes to my house for all the visits and she has everything she needs. I feel very safe and confident.

I also found out at 19 weeks that I'm having a little girl. I love the idea of having two girls close in age.

So that's me!

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    And if your OB is anything like mine be prepared to wait!
    I know this feeling. Sometimes I wait almost an hour after my scheduled appointment before the doctor sees me. Then the actual appointment takes all of 5 minutes to listen to the heartbeat and measure me. I try not to let it bother me too much since his office is in the hospital, most of the time he is visiting other patients in labor or has emeergency c-sections and things. I always try to tell myself that if it were me in labor I would want him checking on me . . . but it still gets on my nerves sometimes!! (Besides sometimes he is just running late for no good reason!)

Congratulations to everyone that is expecting!
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Mind if I join in?

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with #2 right now and man this pregnancy has not been fun. It's so weird. My pregnancy with my DD was a breeze. It's really taken an emotional toll on me for sure. I've had hyperemisis and SPD. The hyperemisis has abated, but the pelvic pain is here and staying for the duration. I've also had major digestion issues and seem to be catching every bug under the sun. Now the constant heartburn has set in. I'm a joy huh? I promise not to complain in every post!

I'm going to be seeing a naturopathic doctor in a few weeks to get things going to help boost my immune system and get me out of my funk. I've been seeing a chiropractor for my pelvic and back pain and it's really helped SO much. It's still *there*, but I can walk for longer periods of time without terrible pain now

I'm going to be having a homebirth (possibly water birth if I'm so inclined in the moment) and I'm very excited. My midwife is wonderful. I love that she comes to my house for all the visits and she has everything she needs. I feel very safe and confident.

I also found out at 19 weeks that I'm having a little girl. I love the idea of having two girls close in age.

So that's me!
    Keep us posted on your appointment!! And yay for a homebirth!!!!!!!!!!! My DH refused to let me do this...
    But I think it is the most wonderful thing and my best friend is doing it. She is due March 29th!

Welcome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just got back from the Health Food store and stocked up on some things to help make the rest of this pregnancy smoother.

I got:
    DGL (for stomach lining support)
    Papaya Enzyme (for heartburn)
    Coconut Oil Pills (immune system, digestion)
    Rice Protein (Protein that I've been sorely lacking due to illness)
    Emergen C
    Sambucoul (immune system)

So I'll be taking those in addition to my regular DHA supplements, probiotics and prenatals.

I really should have gotten those way before, but I've been dragging my feet.

My next appt. is this Sunday.

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: