Quantcast Disney Dream Jobs- Chief Magic Official (CMO) - (merged) - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy_D_DooDah View Post
    It was Allstate. I was up for a realestate appraisor position. It was a newly formed postition at the time set up to take some of the burden off of the main agents who were insuring home owners. That was 10 years ago and I harbor no ill-will...

Speaking of ill-will, there seems to be some people over on another board upset about the outcome of the CMO contest thus far. I guess it's just a case of sour grapes.
    Yeah, I was working on a project all morning and was surprised by the mood over there. The day before they were hoping that at least one from their board would make it and now they are picking the 7 (known chosen) apart. I'm really glad that's not happening here at Intercot.

We're a classy bunch!

Let's support one another and remember - the bright side for those not chosen - there's always next year! Best wishes to all!
    Journey into your...LegoŽ Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say it was sour grapes.
    Everyone put their hearts into their videos and are sad that they don't have the chance to prove themselves further.
    There were some basic requirements such as passion for Disney, outgoing, etc...
    None of those things require that you know how to edit a video with special effects and animation, or know someone who does.

Some of the BEST videos I saw (and I saw them all) were just people being honest and excited about the job.
    Not showing off how many Disney posters or stuffed animals they owned.
    Not being fake or overacting.

People just seem to be disappointed that special effects may have blinded the judging over someone just as (or more) sincere, that don't have access to that technology.

Some of the rules were not spelled out very well either. Lots of people included singing, when the rules clearly stated that there was NO music allowed. Should a good candidate be disqualified (that's what the rules said) because their cute kids sang on their video?

Since the position does not require you to be able to make video special effects, people are irked thinking that it played any part in the judging, even though it may not have. We have only seen 7 of the winners so far after all.

I think Justin's is truly the exception.
    He did everything with a simple video camera and himself.
    His video showed off his personality and CMO potential and that's all.
    He deserves to win because he lived up to everything the contest was intended to be.

He did a much better job than I did, and I certainly can't be angry about that.
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

That's too bad people have to be like that, that's very immature. I would be happy for any of you guys making it, you really had good videos (see, not all of us are sour grapes!) I would love to see someone on here make it, especially since we didn't have anyone here make the moms panel!

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who posted a couple things on the "graping sour" thread on the other board, I just want to say I was just venting. NOT trying to take anything away from the top 20 we know about so far.

As a single person, my coworkers have been wonderfully supportive thru the last few weeks of my obsession with the contest. Hey, they even participated in my video!

But it's hard to explain to someone "non-Disney" why something like this was so tantalizing, and even tho I TRULY knew I couldn't win, is still hitting me hard that it's over for now.

So, I found a place where I could say some things that people would understand I was just letting off steam. I know tomorrow will bring the Pollyanna in me back in full force.

I am 100% happy for people who get to move on!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disappointed

Hi. I was reading everyone's posts and just joined the forum to be part of the fun. I as well applied for the CMO position, and understand how disappointing it is to realize that you won't get a chance to move further with this amazing opportunity. I am so happy for those who will get that chance though! I'm sure we all feel that we would be perfect for the position! I do understand the mention about the professional video editing and how those seem to have been a large part of the applications selected. Though they were great, we don't all have access to those abilities. And I don't have children either, and we were only allowed to have our own children in the video, so I wasnt able to add that cute playfulness of my nieces and nephews to my video. The kids are all adorable! I wish the best to all the top20!!! We can all be proud that we tried our best!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hooray!!

I must admit I had a case of sour grapes for 2 seconds, it's bound to happen. But this truly has been fun and I think Justin should win. I remember watching his video from the beginning and showing my family. He's got true disney spirit and his video showed that.

Post Thanks / Like

The only effects I used in my video were transitions. I changed clothes several times in my video. That's all my computer will do.

I too couldn't add children because I don't have any. I wish you could have added children that weren't your own....my friends would have been happy to lend their cute little kids to my video.

Does anyone know which are the top 20? I've seen some of them posted on here. Good luck to those who made it.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Donald Duck had Qua-hack 'ed the CMO Site!

Donals Duck has Qua-hack 'ed the CMO Site, go see for yourself at http://www.dreamcmo.com/

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little update: I had my interview today and felt it went fairly well. This is such an exciting and nerve racking contest. They said that the Top 10 will be notified in the next week and a half... Good luck to all of those who made the Top 20. Also, from my understanding, once the voting starts, you will be able to vote as much as you want... this could get really dirty...lol

Even if I don't make the Top 10, I will still pursue a job with Disney. I think that is where my heart is and I need to follow it.
    ~Tripp West
    Dream CMO Top 3!

1977, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2005, 2006,
    DVC Trips
    12/2006(SSR), 2/2007(OKW),9/2007(OKW),12/07 (ASM-Got a great AP Discount),3/08 (BWV)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveLegos View Post
    Here is one:
    http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-c...40DA0D9E614367
    Here is two:
    http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-c...59C88B1697B96C
    Here is three:
    tinyurl.com/2skvtt
    Here is four:
    I'll let Zippy_D_DooDah post his own
    Here is five:
    And Missdisneydaisy already put hers in.
    Here is six:
    http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-c...FFC88EAC8C9CA0
    Here is seven:
    http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-c...3ED3ED2298F7F4
    Here is eight:
    http://www.dreamcmo.com/view-dream-c...44DD64A58B732D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy_D_DooDah View Post
    Just a little update: I had my interview today and felt it went fairly well. This is such an exciting and nerve racking contest. They said that the Top 10 will be notified in the next week and a half... Good luck to all of those who made the Top 20. Also, from my understanding, once the voting starts, you will be able to vote as much as you want... this could get really dirty...lol

Even if I don't make the Top 10, I will still pursue a job with Disney. I think that is where my heart is and I need to follow it.
    Zippy_D_DooDah thanks for the update, it's is really nice of you to keep us up to date on the contest's prceedings. I'm really hoping that you'll make the next cut, and I truly admire your determination to become part of the Disney community - CMO-wise and/or workwise. It is something that I've considered seriously too, but right now, there are too many building (construction) projects in my immediate future that I have signed on to complete. Alas I will keep the dream alive, because to borrow the words from Annie - "Tomorrow is only a day away" - but for now I have to settle on being a regular visitor to WDW and maybe a newbie visitor to Tokyo Disney soon (brushing up on my Japanese - Arrigato)! Best Wishes on all your Disney endeavors!

Post Thanks / Like

Zippy, you should definitely pursue that dream!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for putting the list of the 13 known called here at Intercot. My last update showed only 10 of the top twenty, and then I got involved in yet another crises at work. After the dust cleared I checked my sources and there were suddenly 13 contestants and I didn't have time to confirm (or watch) the new contenders. I wonder why the other 7 are so silent, I thought the point of this contest was promotion (first of self - later of Disney and Career builders), hehehe. I hope that being somewhat shy to self-promotion won't lessen a contenders chances at winning in the long run. Anywho, I'm eager to see who moves on to the Top 10 round, in this Disney-ized version of Survivor!

Post Thanks / Like

So far it's a contest between Meggin, Patrick and Justin for me.
    They made great presentations!
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I'm basing that on the quality of the person, not the video.
    The personal presence, natural creativity, and honesty of presentation.

They were real, interesting, outgoing, fun people.
    They weren't acting or being fake. They are naturals.
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome - the pleasure was all mine!

Post Thanks / Like

The rejection notices are going out for 10 of the twenty... what a ride, too much suspense for me. Hang in there those of you on pins and needles!

Post Thanks / Like

I see Kenny beat me to it. I thought he was going to bed. I can't sleep. Nervous energy now that I have made it into the Top 10. CVZ, you will be happy to see that so did Justin. Please take some time and vote... and then take a little more time and vote again... and again. They are letting you vote as much as you want. Here's a link to my page:

http://www.dreamcmo.com/tripp

Thanks for your support!
    ~Tripp West
    Dream CMO Top 3!

1977, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2005, 2006,
    DVC Trips
    12/2006(SSR), 2/2007(OKW),9/2007(OKW),12/07 (ASM-Got a great AP Discount),3/08 (BWV)

Post Thanks / Like

Tripp,
    I thought you'd make it, I'm off to vote (a lot). Congratulations on making the Top 10!
    -ILoveLegos

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: