Quantcast America's Next Top Model Cycle 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default America's Next Top Model Cycle 10

Sorry I spelled cycle incorrectly in the title...can any mods fix that?

Hi All! I am starting this thread now, just under 2 weeks from the start of the next Cycle. I figure we can update this weekely with our thoughts, etc....as the cycle goes on.
    so far...all I know is 14 contestants make it to the house. They are in New York this time around. I am not too impressed with the commericals I am seeing on the CW. Tyra looks a little mean in them. None of the girls particularly stand out on the website either. Should be interesting to watch.
    Anyone catch ANTM Exposed last night? They had some of the girls from the previous cycles on talking about what happened behind the scenes.
    Rachel
    Last edited by RedheadWriter; 02-07-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typos
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Red,

I am looking forward to the new season. Only problem is Wife Swap is on opposite ANTM! Two of my favorite shows to watch and now I have to choose.... geez I wish I had a DVR.

Anyway, I wonder how they're going to keep the show fresh this season. The girls don't look all that original.

Hey, we can talk ANTM on Sunday at the meet! Looking forward to meeting you!
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

See Kathy , my problem is that ANTM is on opposite American Idol!! Decisions, decisions!!

I never watched this show until the season that Jaslene won. I just happened to catch one of the marathons they run on cable while flipping channels one day and it intrigued me. I guess I never thought I would get into it. Now, thanks to all the repeats, I think I have seen at least a sampling from all seasons.

I really like seeing the photo shoots -- after 10 cycles, I hope that they can still come up with some fresh and interesting things for the girls to do. Oh, and that Benny Ninja kinda gives me the creeps -- he is waaaaay to flexible to be totally human lol
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

I love ANTM and I cannot wait until Cycle 10 starts!

I'm addicted to this show. I watch previous seasons re-runs all the time on MTV.
    *Melissa*

CBR-Aruba-June 1995
    Pop Century-July 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Hey, we can talk ANTM on Sunday at the meet! Looking forward to meeting you!
    Kathy
    I am really looking forward to Sunday! I think it is going to be really fun!! Yes, we will have so much to talk about!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MScholl13 View Post
    I'm addicted to this show. I watch previous seasons re-runs all the time on MTV.
    I was sick for 3 weeks at the end of Dec and into Jan. They had a week's marathon of ANTM and that is all I had on as I recovered. My mother thought I was nuts as every time she came over it would be on. LOL.
    It is addicting. I didn't get into it until Cycle 5. It seems I am always the last to get on the bandwagon. I just started watching LOST!!!!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris

Post Thanks / Like

It is precisely because of all the marathons that I don't think I could tune in to a regular season. I'm spoiled by that instant gratification. Also I'm an American Idol fan. I can't believe they are already on Cycle 10 however. I kind of feel like it's a bit ridiculous, and they still haven't produced one "top model." I've seen some of the models around, but theirs no one that has really taken the industry by storm. Also I feel like each season Tyra becomes more insufferable. She is my least favorite part of the show.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I kind of feel like it's a bit ridiculous, and they still haven't produced one "top model." I've seen some of the models around, but theirs no one that has really taken the industry by storm. Also I feel like each season Tyra becomes more insufferable. She is my least favorite part of the show.
    I agree. Tyra has become insufferable!
    I have only seen the models in the Metrostyle catalog. NEVER in any Vogue or publications such as that. I know that some of the girls who did not win do have incredible luck and success in runway shows across the world, but to me, if you are not in Vogue, Harper's, Town and Country or others of that ilk, you are not a top model.
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedheadWriter View Post
    I agree. Tyra has become insufferable!
    I have only seen the models in the Metrostyle catalog. NEVER in any Vogue or publications such as that. I know that some of the girls who did not win do have incredible luck and success in runway shows across the world, but to me, if you are not in Vogue, Harper's, Town and Country or others of that ilk, you are not a top model.
    Exactly. I saw many of the girls in runway shows during fashion week. Danielle, Jaslene, and Bianca all made appearances during the Project Runway shows... but that doesn't make them a top model. It just makes them a working model.
    The only one that I would say has become a "star" in the loosest sense of the word would be Adrienne, and that's only because of her appearances on the Surreal Life and subsequent courtship and marriage with Chris Knight which spawned another program. That said I still enjoy the shoots and watching the girls get a little catty in the house
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so...

I said I was done watching after Saleisha won... (that whole controversy where she had been on the Tyra show as a model, had done ads when you are not supposed to have done that and be on the show, blah blah blah, I'm sure this has probably been discussed on here?)

But I'm not very good at sticking to my word. The show is just so addicting, and I'm getting very excited...

And I can't wait to discuss it with you all!
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

So what did everyone think?

I thought it was a big disappointing... I went to the CW website earlier today to see who the models were for the season, so the end of the show held no suspense for me!

I think they were crazy to pick the 'weird' one -- forgot her name (not Amy) -- when it is so evident that she has NO modeling experience whatsoever. I think Margita will be off the show pretty quickly.

Dominique is beautiful and ethnic looking which they seem to go for... Fatima is unique and seems like a great addition to the cast.

I don't know about Tyra's choice of interview clips --- (baby) milk?? Tricking out a car?? Lap dances?? And then how about the girls fighting in the lounge about being ghetto? I don't know... hope it gets better when they start the photo shoots and challenges.

Oh boy, I think way too much about this.
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like they picked a lot of personalities that are going to clash to make for good TV, as sad as that sounds. I didn't care for Dominique very much, she seems very fake to me, I was really hoping for Kristen (the one who has the boyfriend in Iraq) to get in, I thought she had a look that was sort of classic with an edge at the same time.

Oh, well. I'm going to try to be objective this time because every time I pick a favorite they get kicked off the next week! haha... I WAS really happy that shanya (don't know if I got that right - Muhammed Ali's niece) didn't make it, though, she drove me nuts during that "ghetto" fight and then hysterically crying the next minute.

Bring on the photo shoots!!!!!
    1998 CSR with family
    2000 DLR with family
    2002 CSR with family
    2004 WL grand gathering
    2006 day trip with boyfriend day after Christmas
    2008 BWI with family and boyfriend
    2009 21st B-day in Epcot with an assortment of family and friends :)

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think that one girl (name forgotten..Amy?) looks like Lisa from Cycle 5? That is the first thing I thought of!
    SO not liking Marvita. What an attitude she has!
    Fatima looks like Iman and has a story to go with her so my first instinct was "She makes it far"
    But I will say this, too...Whitney has my vote. I think she is pretty and it is about time a plus sized model wins! I am crossing my fingers!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris

Post Thanks / Like

Does Top Model call their seasons "Cycles"? I have never heard that term used to described a television show in the USA.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Does Top Model call their seasons "Cycles"? I have never heard that term used to described a television show in the USA.
    Yeah, it's Cycle. America's Next Top Model airs two competitions a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. For every "season" Top Model is on, you get 2 competitions and 2 winners. So to seperate them each competition is called a Cycle. They're now on Cycle 10.
    Is it April yet???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Yeah, it's Cycle. America's Next Top Model airs two competitions a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. For every "season" Top Model is on, you get 2 competitions and 2 winners. So to seperate them each competition is called a Cycle. They're now on Cycle 10.
    Thanks!

I have only watched Top Model during a VH1 marathon, and it was only once. I just can't get into it.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I sorta watched it last night..My friend called me and was in a talkative mood. So I bascally only really watched the first 15-20 mins. or so. I still had the tv on, but it's kinda hard to watch ANTM and talk on the phone..
    Why did the one night my friend was in a talkative mood have to be last night?
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Whats up with ANTM being on MTV all day on the weekends? Do they have some sort of deal or something? I like the show but they have so many cycles that I can't remember most of the winners. The ones I do remember are

1. Adrianne
    2. Eva
    3. Danielle
    4. Naema (sp?)
    5. Carrie D
    6. Jaslene
    Next Trip: 2008 (hoping and praying)
    POR-August 2007

Post Thanks / Like

The winners and their cycles are as follows:
    1. Adrianne Curry
    2. Yoanna House
    3. Eva Pigford
    4. Naima Moira
    5. Nicole Linkletter
    6. Danielle (now Dani) Evans
    7. Caridee English
    8. Jaslene Rodriguez
    9. Saleisha (don't know her last name!)

MTV, VH1 and CW are all owned by the same parent company which is why the marathons are on.

As I thought more about the show last night I am hoping that Marvita is the first to go. I had the biggest chuckle when they were showing the previews of next week and Miss J went "OOOOOOOOOO" and was so dramatic. I apologize for not putting that in my response last night but I was sleepy from watching the eclipes.
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris

Post Thanks / Like

Default cycle 10

I was sort of surprised about some of the people who were dropped, one girl had terrific photos but was not accepted-

I am very glad that one girl who got so mad at being called "ghetto" failed the first cut. She was very self centered. She did get some points for feeling sorry about Fatima's issue.

Actually i think we all feel for her- wow that is a very tough way to have to go through life.

She is very pretty , she does look like Iman alot.

I think Dominique would have been selected higher, but her " All this" reference to her assets seemed to not sit well with Tyra and the J's.

Also i guarantee we will hear about the hawaiian girl's accent every week,,, it is very strange. She sounds like Dog the Bounty Hunter - "Hank Lewse Brutha"
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: