Quantcast 11 Days Left... DANG!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 11 Days Left... DANG!!

Don't get me wrong, we can't wait 'til we go back to the world on 4/2, but we just can't seem to get totally psyched. What do you guys do? We're looking at maps and past videos etc, but any ideas to build the excitement would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, although we have a park-day itinerary,(which we could not have done without Intercot, thanks), DF doesn't want to make ADRs until the same day incase we change our minds due to weather!! How do I convince him we can't risk it, and that the parks are all fine whatever the weather?
    Thanks for all your help in making our vacation planning so much easier
    Last Trip:
    2008 Offsite

Hoping For:
    2010 Offsite

"I'm not interested in pleasing the critics. I'll take my chances pleasing the audiences." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot has to do with what is going on in your life at the time of your planned holiday. I had waaaaayyy too much on my plate and was not all enthused about our WDW trip last December. Even less so after I injured both legs 2 days before departure. *eek*

Ask your DF if you can make one or two ADRs for places where everyone really wants to dine. Except for the locations requiring a CC on hold, you can always cancel your ADR the same day if you decide you don't want to do it.

Beyond that, just try to relax and not stress over what needs to be done prior to your holiday. That's usually what catches me--all the last minute things at work and home that need to be done! *LOL*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, go ahead and try to make those ADRs! Unless it is one that you have to put a deposit on, you can always cancel. Since you are going during one of the busiest times of the year, if you can get what you want even now, I would be surprised!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that I'm really excited for my trip up until about 10-20 days out. Then, I don't feel excited. The excitement gets replaced by something else, usually something more like anxiety. There are usually so many things to do, I'm worrying about forgetting something, getting nervous about the flight, wanting to clean my house so it will be nice to come home to, etc.

I think what you're feeling is normal; I've heard others on this board feel the same as what I just described. I think once you are closer to the date (like the day before, or when you're at the airport), you will relax and enjoy it and be excited. The excitement for me comes back at the point where I accept that what got done got done, and whatever I didn't will be waiting for me when I get back. Then I go have fun!

And about the ADRs...I agree with the other posters. Tell DF they are totally cancel-able if you choose not to do them, but it's nice to have them because you may not be able to make them. In short, it's easier to have them and cancel then to want one and can't get one.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

The very same thing happens to me every trip.
    I also think excitement gets replaced by anxiety. I get distracted by the packing and all the things I have to remember not to forget. Don't worry, it will pass. As soon as you are actually on your way to Florida you'll be excited again.
    And make those ADR's. It could turn out to be very time consuming trying to find availability when your there. When your hot, tired and hungry it's really good to know that you have that adr made.
    Have a great trip!
    1979 Off Site
    1996 All Star Sports
    1998 Off Site
    2003 All Star Movies
    2006 Caribbean Beach
    2008 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all your help. DM kinda convinced Dad in the end that they really are necessary, and we've since booked the Fantasmic! dining package as well as lunch at the Garden Grill.
    As for the nerves/excitement, I think Bronxtigger and Pixiechick are right. Being at high school the flu goes round pretty quick, and we're all feeling pretty at the moment, so fingers crossed that it passes in time.
    Like the Brits say, "Cheers".
    Last Trip:
    2008 Offsite

Hoping For:
    2010 Offsite

"I'm not interested in pleasing the critics. I'll take my chances pleasing the audiences." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: