Quantcast The 'This is my version of the pre trip report' report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The 'This is my version of the pre trip report' report

Well, you have already heard 2 other versions of the Pre Trip reports... now it is time to hear the REAL story.

Cast of Characters:
    Angel – Here we go again…. – Laid back, fun loving looking forward to a relaxing trip (AKA – the nice one)
    Beth – MsMin – extremely ADD, over planner looking forward to cramming in the most that she possibly can into this trip (AKA the mean one)
    Sherrie – Mrs. SgtTigger – Does not know how to take anything other than a nice relaxing trip to the World. (the laid back one)

Meeting there:
    Jeanne - Piglet822 – Well, what can I say, you all know her… but you may not have seen her do the trio dance (but you will)
    Terri - Teay – The one that really should have been my sister and the only person I know more obsessed with Disney than me… but she is lucky enough to work there. I will retire to Orlando and work with her … one day.

So here is the plan:

Friday
    I am ready to get there so I will be driving to Baton Rouge to meet MsMin and get her loaded into the car. Then, we head to New Orleans to meet Sherrie. After beating and kicking SgtTigger to get him out of the car we are off to Disney World!!
    I plan to relax and read a book or sleep while MsMin races us to Florida. I have a feeling there will be no potty or food breaks… Hmmmm… I wonder if we should pack some Depends??

Saturday
    This is the day that we are supposed to resort hop, shop and see all of the things that Disney has to offer outside of the parks.
    Yeah right.
    I know MsMin will be trying to drag us out of bed at 6am and into the parks. I know Sherrie will be kicking her away trying to sleep in. I will be up having coffee letting them 2 figure out what we are going to do. If I put extra caffeine in Beth’s coffee do you think it will help??? Maybe feed her some chocolate for breakfast… Any other suggestions on how to settle her down??? What do you feed an ADD person to calm them down?
    Since it looks like we all have park hoppers, I might bring MsMin and Mrs. SgtTigger to AK to see Terri work… we promise not to point and laugh because we are playing and she is working.
    And, I will try not to call Bret.

Sunday
    Today we will get up early so we can go to AK FINALLY let poor Sherrie see ITTBAB and ride E:E. We will do the Safari and walk the trails… all in order, no skipping around.
    Then we will head to MGM (yes MGM not that other name) and have a late lunch at Sci-Fi. After that we will ride a few rides, do a little shopping…. All at a nice slow pace. We will NOT be riding ToT no matter what MsMin says.
    Some time today we will be meeting up with Jeanne and hopefully Terri. I am sure we will just find a place to sit, relax and talk. We all know what a shy quiet person Jeanne is.
    After Fantasmic we will head back to the room where we will post trip reports and REST.

Monday
    Wow, is it Monday already?
    Monday we are going to MK for Beth’s Birthday. She thinks we will be out of bed and ready to go at 8am. Sherrie and I know we will get there when we get there. (I have the car) We will get Beth a Birthday Button, sing really loud and embarrass her every chance we get. We might even call Bret to let him sing along.
    Beth, who we may have to drug again this day, seems to think that we will be at MK from 8am till 2am. (yeah right) I did make an ADR at Kona for dinner and drinks… I think we will all need a few after spending the WHOLE day at MK. After dinner we are back at MK. Please Pray for me and Sherrie…..

Tuesday
    This is our Epcot day. But since I know we are going to end up at Epcot on Saturday this Just might be the day we will rest. (Maybe we should call Bret and ask him)
    Hopefully we will have others joining us because my plan is to head over to Beaches and Cream for a Kitchen Sink. If I am going to blow Weight Watchers this week I am going to blow it good!! I wonder if Beth has ever played miniature golf…. Hmmm, something else RELAXING to think about.
    I do know that if we have not made it to Wilderness Lodge by now we have to go there… by now Sherrie should be freaking out because she has not been “home” yet.
    (Can you believe Beth has never been to WL????)
    Hmmm…. Will we get Sherrie to WL on Saturday or have to wait until today??? Should we all call Bret to ask him?

Wednesday
    It is a sad, sad day today… Today is when the little envelope is hanging on the door.
    Yup, today we go home.
    My plan is to have a nice breakfast at Trail’s End, shop a LITTLE and then hit the road.
    Beth’s plan is to hit the park and leave at about 5pm… that will not happen. Sherrie has to work tomorrow.

Wish me luck with this trip. I think I am going to need it!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Here we go again... View Post
    Well, you have already heard 2 other versions of the Pre Trip reports... now it is time to hear the REAL story.

Cast of Characters:
    Angel – Here we go again…. – Laid back, fun loving looking forward to a relaxing trip (AKA – the nice one)
    Beth – MsMin – extremely ADD, over planner looking forward to cramming in the most that she possibly can into this trip (AKA the mean one)
    Sherrie – Mrs. SgtTigger – Does not know how to take anything other than a nice relaxing trip to the World. (the laid back one)
    The only thing you have right there is that Sherrie is the laid back one. ... Remember time is money and REST is a four letter word. If we rest we lose money... I'm a dd of a CPA and my dad always calculated the price by the # of attractions we saw and told us how much he was paying by the hour! Angel you can rest at home but I'm helping Bobby to make sure his wife isn't throwing money away Oh and we both forgot to mention about how much $$ we will save at the outlet store...

Meeting there:
    Jeanne - Piglet822 – Well, what can I say, you all know her… but you may not have seen her do the trio dance (but you will)
    Terri - Teay – The one that really should have been my sister and the only person I know more obsessed with Disney than me… but she is lucky enough to work there. I will retire to Orlando and work with her … one day.
    So here is the plan:
    IF we are meeting Jeanne, maybe I should bring the video camera?? I can't wait to meet Terri. I wish we were staying at her old resort too but meeting her in AK will be a blast... I will feel very special
    Friday
    I am ready to get there so I will be driving to Baton Rouge to meet MsMin and get her loaded into the car. Then, we head to New Orleans to meet Sherrie. After beating and kicking SgtTigger to get him out of the car we are off to Disney World!!
    I plan to relax and read a book or sleep while MsMin races us to Florida. I have a feeling there will be no potty or food breaks… Hmmmm… I wonder if we should pack some Depends??
    Depends would be good. You just have to restrict the fluid intake and coordinate your disposals with the car's consumption of fuel...
    Poor Sherrie won't be able to sleep in the car b/c she might wake up in WDW... and don't worry about Bret b/c I've already asked Diane to send down her stun gun... Just have the camera ready..
    Saturday
    This is the day that we are supposed to resort hop, shop and see all of the things that Disney has to offer outside of the parks.
    Yeah right.
    I know MsMin will be trying to drag us out of bed at 6am and into the parks. I know Sherrie will be kicking her away trying to sleep in. I will be up having coffee letting them 2 figure out what we are going to do. If I put extra caffeine in Beth’s coffee do you think it will help??? Maybe feed her some chocolate for breakfast… Any other suggestions on how to settle her down??? What do you feed an ADD person to calm them down?
    Since it looks like we all have park hoppers, I might bring MsMin and Mrs. SgtTigger to AK to see Terri work… we promise not to point and laugh because we are playing and she is working.
    And, I will try not to call Bret.
    Yes, caffeine will have a calming effect.
    Sunday
    Today we will get up early so we can go to AK FINALLY let poor Sherrie see ITTBAB and ride E:E. We will do the Safari and walk the trails… all in order, no skipping around.
    Then we will head to MGM (yes MGM not that other name) and have a late lunch at Sci-Fi. After that we will ride a few rides, do a little shopping…. All at a nice slow pace. We will NOT be riding ToT no matter what MsMin says.
    Some time today we will be meeting up with Jeanne and hopefully Terri. I am sure we will just find a place to sit, relax and talk. We all know what a shy quiet person Jeanne is.
    After Fantasmic we will head back to the room where we will post trip reports and REST.
    order to AK? what does that mean... I don't do order????
    Monday
    Wow, is it Monday already?
    Monday we are going to MK for Beth’s Birthday. She thinks we will be out of bed and ready to go at 8am. Sherrie and I know we will get there when we get there. (I have the car) We will get Beth a Birthday Button, sing really loud and embarrass her every chance we get. We might even call Bret to let him sing along.
    Beth, who we may have to drug again this day, seems to think that we will be at MK from 8am till 2am. (yeah right) I did make an ADR at Kona for dinner and drinks… I think we will all need a few after spending the WHOLE day at MK. After dinner we are back at MK. Please Pray for me and Sherrie…..
    I hope you get laryngitis... You can't embarrass me Wait until you see me when I've had a couple drinks...I'm obnoxious-- You and Sherrie can go back to the room until you get the call from MK security asking you to come get your friend out of the park at 3am... besides you'll have plenty of practice staying up til 3 when we drive in
    Tuesday
    This is our Epcot day. But since I know we are going to end up at Epcot on Saturday this Just might be the day we will rest. (Maybe we should call Bret and ask him)
    Hopefully we will have others joining us because my plan is to head over to Beaches and Cream for a Kitchen Sink. If I am going to blow Weight Watchers this week I am going to blow it good!! I wonder if Beth has ever played miniature golf…. Hmmm, something else RELAXING to think about.
    I do know that if we have not made it to Wilderness Lodge by now we have to go there… by now Sherrie should be freaking out because she has not been “home” yet.
    (Can you believe Beth has never been to WL????)
    Hmmm…. Will we get Sherrie to WL on Saturday or have to wait until today??? Should we all call Bret to ask him?
    No, No, No we are doing EPCOT on Tuesday. Saturday we will be driving in from Lake City b/c I have a feeling that Sherrie will steal the keys in Lake City. We have to shop, shop and hop to the resorts on Sat. We have to save Bobby all that money right up front! Oh and did I tell you that I do every store twice. It helps me decide what I want.. Angel you should think about programing that scooter # into your phone...
    Wednesday
    It is a sad, sad day today… Today is when the little envelope is hanging on the door.
    Yup, today we go home.
    My plan is to have a nice breakfast at Trail’s End, shop a LITTLE and then hit the road.
    Beth’s plan is to hit the park and leave at about 5pm… that will not happen. Sherrie has to work tomorrow.

If I steal the envelop maybe they won't know it's Wednesday...
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Not if you are typing it.......

Cast of Characters:
    Not...........

Meeting there:
    She will never dance without me.....

Terri is way too nice to be your sister....

We will get Beth a Birthday Button, sing really loud and embarrass her every chance we get. We might even call Bret to let him sing along.
    OK for sherrie to call me for this.....

Tuesday
    Nope no need to call bret......

Will we get Sherrie to WL on Saturday or have to wait until today??? Should we all call Bret to ask him?
    Nope once again no need to call bret.......

Wednesday

Luck???????????????? Im looking forward to hear how bad things went.........

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTigger View Post
    Luck???????????????? Im looking forward to hear how bad things went.........

I can always call you to tell you how bad it is....
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    and don't worry about Bret b/c I've already asked Diane to send down her stun gun... Just have the camera ready..
    I'm glad to see you have taken the stun gun option into consideration. You might just need it - or it might just be fun to stun him anyway...
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy, I'm so sorry it was you who offered the stun gun. All this whining around here (and my cheese) I was distracted looking for crackers.
    Honestly I don't know if Bret can get off his pity pot long enough to realize we have left
    Did you see the other intercot guys and how they are sending their condolences??? Maybe we should start getting some other phone numbers on the list and make more calls.
    Kathy, wish you could join us. We should make an unofficial annual Intercot girls trip...
    Angel you know how we talked about doing something nice for Bret? maybe we should bring him kleenex.....
    Next

AKV Savannah 8/08
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06

Post Thanks / Like

Angel you know how we talked about doing something nice for Bret? maybe we should bring him kleenex.....
    I'm not paying for the good stuff... we can buy the Walmart brand.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun ladies and be safe. TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!! (to share with all of us).
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by daparish View Post
    Have fun ladies and be safe. TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!! (to share with all of us).
    Gee Lori maybe we should have a INTERCOT meet while they are away........ since they are not taking you either.........

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daparish View Post
    Hey Lori, wanna come?
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

pogo Guest

Angel.... I am looking forward to reading the results of this trip as I've really enjoyed this pre-trip report !

I think it deserves a rating also !

Have a great time and eat a for me !

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! The buildup on this trip is tremendous.. you have us all itching with excitement and anticipation to see how it all goes! Will Brett get stun gunned? Will the girls get potty breaks on the drive there? Will they shop till they drop? Will WDW still be standing when they are thru? I can't wait for the answers to these and many more questions.....
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like so much fun!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Lori, wanna come?
    That's a great idea and there is room in the car making less room for Bret!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Angel.... I am looking forward to reading the results of this trip as I've really enjoyed this pre-trip report !
    I think it deserves a rating also !
    Have a great time and eat a for me !
    Sorry, no more room but maybe you can fit in with the guys trip (if they ever get it together)
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Wow! The buildup on this trip is tremendous.. you have us all itching with excitement and anticipation to see how it all goes! Will Brett get stun gunned? Will the girls get potty breaks on the drive there? Will they shop till they drop? Will WDW still be standing when they are thru? I can't wait for the answers to these and many more questions.....
    you forgot .. will I get them on ToT ... do you think I can tell them it's the line to the bathroom???
    Wish we could swing by and pick you up but it's a little out of the way... but you could come down and meet us! We should make this an annual trip!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    Sounds like so much fun!
    In my best Bob Barker impression... come on down!
    Next

AKV Savannah 8/08
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06

Post Thanks / Like

you forgot .. will I get them on ToT ... do you think I can tell them it's the line to the bathroom???
    Wish we could swing by and pick you up but it's a little out of the way... but you could come down and meet us! We should make this an annual trip!
    Hmmm... probably not... I think the whole 'hotel look' might make them suspicious. You could try convincing them that it's Disney's newest resort idea.. and they are giving tours and asking guest opinions and everyone that takes the 'tour' will be allowed to draw a 'prize' from a barrel and it could be a night in Cindy's Castle.. THAT might make them try it... Good luck! If I was going along I would ride it with you as I LOVE ToT!!!! What a rush!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SgtTigger View Post
    Gee Lori maybe we should have a INTERCOT meet while they are away........ since they are not taking you either.........

We can watch the attractions on You Tube. Hey, there is always the crawfish festival this weekend. We can eat mudbugs while they are enjoying dole whips.

Hey Lori, wanna come?
    I wish so bad that I could.......did I ever mention how much I hate work.....
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... probably not... I think the whole 'hotel look' might make them suspicious. You could try convincing them that it's Disney's newest resort idea.. and they are giving tours and asking guest opinions and everyone that takes the 'tour' will be allowed to draw a 'prize' from a barrel and it could be a night in Cindy's Castle.. THAT might make them try it... Good luck! If I was going along I would ride it with you as I LOVE ToT!!!! What a rush!
    Thats a great idea... Angel loves to win stuff. I'll have to tell Bret too so when she calls him he can say NO DON'T DO IT-- I REALLY WANT TO DO THAT and she will do it to spite him
    Thanks Diane, hmmm Do I tell her that RnRC is a limo ride for Fantasmic and we get escorted to the front? Help me out here.. I've got a lot of thrill rides to cover.
    Next

AKV Savannah 8/08
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Diane, hmmm Do I tell her that RnRC is a limo ride for Fantasmic and we get escorted to the front? Help me out here.. I've got a lot of thrill rides to cover.

Front seat, first car, first ride of the day.
    Best..........ride..........ever.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Will Brett get stun gunned?
    I sure hope so...
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, so the real story comes out. Now I know in what order to read the post trip reports! Have fun!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: