Quantcast resorts you won't stay at - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple I don't envision us staying in.

I don't ever see us staying at the Contemporary. I stayed there as a child and have fond memories, but DH can't stand the place. He agrees to go over for Chef Mickey's, but that is it.

Also, I can't ever imagine staying at the Yacht Club. We own DVC at the Beach Club Villas and for us to pay cash or use points to stay there would be insane. Also, the theming does nothing for me.

I would love to say at some point that I have stayed in every WDW resort, but with DVC, I doubt I will get that far. Never say never though.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where NOT to stay???

Every WDW resort has its own charm. We're also DVC so we won't be staying at a value very often. We did love ASMo and it fit our budget at the time. The only thing I didn't like about it was the bus service....
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, I would probably stay at any of the resorts, given the right circumstances. That said, the campground at Fort Wilderness is probably the resort I'm least likely to stay at. I'm not much into campgrounds these days.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

If it came down to A) not being able to go or B) having to stay offsite, then I would stay at POFQ again. Otherwise, no, wouldn't go there again. I'd stay at any of the value resorts before staying there. To me, if I had to make a choice based on budget, I'd skip the moderates all together. If I have to deal with long bus rides and outside hallways anyway, I can't justify the extra money for a moderate. However, any of the deluxe resorts I would go to in a heartbeat, even if for no other reason than convenience. Room size isn't really an issue....I'm more concerned about the rest of the resort and what it has to offer.

Personally, our favorite is WL. If I couldn't stay there, it would be Poly, Beach Club, Boarwalk, or Yacht Club.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Our goal is to stay at each of the resorts....and honestly there isn't one I wouldn't stay at. My least favourite stay to date has been the Wilderness Lodge, so I am not keen to go back there.
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I always say that I would stay in a tent in the parking lot of the TTC if it meant going to WDW, but if you want me to get picky....

I have never stayed at POR, but stayed at POFQ last trip. While it looks beautiful, the bus situation at POR was enough to tell me that I would never want to deal with it.

Yacht Club was gorgeous and the location wonderful, but the resort itself didn't make me feel all "Disney" like. Not sure I would shell out that kind of money again for Yacht. If I have the means and opportunity to go deluxe, I will probably head back to one of the MK resorts.
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

.....having stayed only at Values (ASM & POP)...it's difficult to say what other resorts I would definitely write off. I have however visited other resorts during a character breakfast...and from that level of observation, I can tell you that I have no real desire to stay at the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian.

There's nothing "wrong" with either of those resorts as far as I could see, and I'm sure that the level of service is superb at either one. However, the Contemporary seems to me to be like a "business" type hotel...and the Grand Floridian, while incredibly elegant, is just not "Disney" enough for me.

I'm sure that at some point later in my life when I can be satisfied with getting my daily "dose of Disney" at the parks....I'll entertain a stay at either of the mentioned hotels. But at this point, I need the full treatment....when at a WDW resort.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay at any Disney Resort. Staying off-site? No way!
    Trips to WDW:
    March 2007 Disney's All Star Movies
    Sept/Oct. 2007 Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside
    Dec. 2008 Pop Century
    April/May 2010 Polynesian

**Countless trips to the Disneyland Resort**

Post Thanks / Like

if i had a free trip i'd stay anywhere.

that being said, i really have no desire to stay at a deluxe (is that weird?). DH and i never go for that long and so we're never in the room except to sleep. i think the deluxes would be a waste of money.

we take other vacations elsewhere that we spend the money on, ie our 11 day trip to maui that's coming up. we try to make the disney trip our "cheap" one.
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the campground at Fort Wilderness and any of the Value resorts. Camping is out of the question for me - I'm a northern girl and need my AC! While I'm sure the hotels are nice, I just can't take the crowds at the Values.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playdead88 View Post
    we have never stayed in a mod or a value so i can't say we would never stay in one - we don't have any plans to stay in one but the way i look at it is you're at disney i can't imagine not wanting to go or not wanting to stay on property - i can say the one place i would never stay is off property
    My sentiments exactly!

My aunt & uncle own a timeshare just outside the WDW gates. They've offered the use of it to us, but we haven't accepted because it's not on Disney property.

I'm eligible to stay at SOG, but I haven't used it yet, although I may in the future, as SOG is near the MK and within walking distance of the Poly. I love the Disney theming of the Disney resorts, but it is absent at SOG.

I'm a MK resort area fan. Always have been and probably always will be. I may try one of the cabins at FW someday too, but I haven't made my way over there. I still haven't stayed at GF, but I plan to someday, maybe for a special anniversary.

If I ever do stay at a non-MK resort, maybe to try AKL or the BC, or to save some $ and stay at SOG, I'll probably do a split stay so that I can still have part of my stay at a MK resort.

But for the forseeable future it's MK resorts for me. My favorite is a toss up between WL and Poly, but maybe leaning towards the Poly.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am picky...I have a bunch I wouldn't choose to stay at:

Grand Floridian
    All Stars
    Pop Century
    Caribbean Beach
    Saratoga Springs
    Ft Wilderness

Key West will never be my first choice but will if that's the only room available.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't stay at the ASMusic anymore. We tried it last year and there were WAY TOO MANY tour groups.
    *1993-CBR
    *1995-Dixie Landings
    *1999-2002 OKW (3 times)
    *2003-BCV(got engaged)
    *2005-Poly Concierge(honeymoon)
    *2007-AllStar Music(expecting 1st child)
    *2008- OKW (w/1st child)
    *2012-AKL villas

Post Thanks / Like

I did not enjoy staying at the cabins, however if the pool is updated - I can see my family staying there again sometime. I also did not enjoy my stay at CBR - too big for my taste. All-Stars are a great way to go and save major dollars. I have not been to Pop yet.

In fact if my situation changed, ( for the better) I would still probably want to stay in a value and extend my stays or go more often.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

If money was no object, I would stay at any WDW resort (and often). But i can' justify the expense of a deluxe when money is tight and we spend most of our time in the parks. We did stay at WL one year when we got a great rate in Feb. and thoroughly enjoyed it. But the cost of the monorail resorts just knocks me out of considering them until we reach the point where we are not park commandos any longer. I worked it our last year, and figured out that for the cost of 7 nights at the Poly, we could have stayed 30 nights at Pop Century. A whole month! If only I could take that much time off at once!
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay at any of them in a heartbeat, if it meant I was at WDW! The only ones that would be at the bottom of my list are All Star Sports, CBR, and the FW Campground (although I would definitely do the cabins!). I'd love to stay in all the resorts at least once some day, even if it's just for 1 night, to see what they're all like! We used to only stay off property - never again!! If I had to pick between a value and the fanciest off-property hotel in Orlando, I'd pick the value!!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotels I wouldn't stay at

Well, I wouldn't stay at Swan or Dolphin...if I am going to Disney World I want to stay at a Disney owned property with all the extras.....

Post Thanks / Like

At some time I would like to try them all but, I don't expect that to happen anytime unless we hit the jackpot. So, far we've only stayed at POR and visited several of the other resorts for dinner. I would have to say that I really like POR atmosphere it's laid back and not overly crowded IMO. I just don't see staying anywhere else.
    STEELER SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: 1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, and 2008 !

[SIZE="1"]1978 OFF SITE CAMPING
    JUNE 2004 POR
    JULY 2005 POR
    AUGUST 2006 POR
    JUNE - JULY 2007 POR
    DEC 2008- JAN 2009 POR
    JUNE 2009 POR
    JUNE 2010 POR
    JANUARY 2011 POP CENTURY
    APRIL 2011 Planning Stages

Post Thanks / Like

I will take any hotel on property. It depends on the finances. Jan we went to the ASmov so we could spend 3 wks there. Other wise we usually go to the AKL and only get to spend 5 nights. But I really want to try all the other resorts.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We love POR but I would say that I will not ever stay at ASM again...It was too crowded and I felt like I was in the middle of one of the parks...I like the more laid back feeling of POR...You feel like you can take your time and relax after leaving a park...At ASM it was like never leaving...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: