Quantcast Bed Bugs at Poly??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bed Bugs at Poly???

Wow that is really alarming! We are staying at the POly in Oct. I too would have contacted Disney asap. We have been to WDW on property atleast 20 times and have never experienced anything like this and we have stayed at the Deluxe down to value resorts.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think you should contact Disney. If they do not know you had a problem they can't fix it. That means that other people that stayed in that room probably have all gotten them too. I'm sure they would rather close off a room than have tons of unhappy customers returning home with bed bugs and not ever wanting to go back.
    How long does the spray stuff last? Could you spray your luggage a week ahead of time? I am very nervous about any chemicals but after dealing with lice I am more than willing to take a chance. I think I will be calling Bug Beaters today to ask about the spray.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Well that's another reason I posted this was to see if anyone else got bites like me, then I figured I'd have more back up when calling the hotel. I think I will give them a call since these bugs move from room to room. There was a hotel in Atlantic City that had to shut down all together for this.

Not sure how long the spray lasts on your luggage, I would bring it with and do it before you go and before you leave.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

So I just called the Poly who then directed me to Disney's Claim Service. I spoke with a woman who took down my information and told me that "they will do a little bit of investigating and get back to me either by letter or phone"

So we will see what turns up...
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Don't tell me this! Disney was the only place I felt like the hotel rooms were clean. I really wish Disney had been told about this. You know those little bugs are probably still there biting away on unsuspecting travelers. Ugh!
    Go Redskins!

Magical Memories:

POFQ 1996
    POFQ 1999
    POFQ 2000
    Poly 2007 (spoiled forever!)
    2013...I hope!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry-- what a nightmare. And thank you so much for the info about the spray. I'm very anti-chemical, but in this case I'll be all over it the next time we travel.

As to cleanliness, I think bed bugs are like lice. Doesn't matter how clean a room is, bed bugs can infest. Many times people don't even realize it until they've left and taken the infestation home with them, so Disney isn't alerted to the problem (or any other hotel, for that matter).
    ~~Julie~~

BostonChic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
    You can buy some spray at Ace Harware for them.
    My husbands family owns an Ace Harware and they have some new spray he showed me that you take and spary on the beds and around and it will kill them. It says to take it with when you travel and it will take care of them.
    I don't remember them name of it but I would think you could get it at any Ace Hardware store.
    Thanks!I just might get some.do not want to chance anything especially when my youngest is only a baby thankfully we have never experienced this(jinx) j/k

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen this on the news and I cant imagine what you have went through...I hope that your problem is gone and that it doesnt happen again...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

When I went to pick up my mattress encasements (protect a bed...buglock) I saw the luggage spray, it ran for $7.99 not a bad price I'd say since were hundreds of dollars in so far and still treating this nightmare!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the encasements work and were doing another treatment of the entire room and funiture this weekend!!!

Hoping to hear back from Disney soon.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

PS...the man who inspected our home said our house was immaculate...it's definetly not from being dirty!
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about all that you've gone thru! I have a friend that had the same thing happen and it WAS a nightmare. I saw something on tv that stated that bedbugs are making a huge comeback! The spray that almost wiped bedbugs out was made with ddt. Since ddt is no longer included in the insecticides the bugs are on the rise.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an update...Disney did contact me yesterday which I was happy about(it has been about a week since I called them about the problem) The woman just asked if she could tape our conversation and she asked me various questions about when we visited, when I noticed bites, how much we've put out for all of the treatments and bedding etc....
    She said they are going to have their pest control go out and look at the room. I don't even care if they find something and don't tell me about it, I just want them to get rid of them so this doesn't happen to anyone else.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds as if they are taking it seriously which is good news. Hopefully this ordeal will be over for you soon.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

We stay at the Poly frequently. During one of our stays in the Hawaii bldg, my son woke up with huge bites all over his face and neck. He was sleeping on the day bed. That was the one and only time, and nothing came home with us. Were you in the Hawaii bldg?
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

we were in Rarotonga Bldg. I did read about someone else waking with bites though but don't know what bldg they were in.
    I guess we just got a little hitchhiker!
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard about this at WDW on the news. We went in March of 07 and 08. Our 07 we stayed in POR and 3 out of 4 of us came home with bits--Small ones. Thought maybe it was slight case of chicken pox since the kids had the chicken pox shot, but it could not explain why I had them--hubbie did not ???We were all in same places at the same time. ?? Never reported it since we were not too sure. Nothing luckily got back home and into our beds-Thank goodness.--Sorry to hear about your experience

We did stay again at POR in 08, but did not have any issues with the bites this time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been checking back on this link to check on your updates if. I hope that everything you are going through at home has been successful for you and that your visitors are gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, thanks for the concern. It has been a week since we did our 4th treatment and so far I've had no bites! I'm still waiting to hear back from Disney...I highly doubt if they do find anything they are going to be willing to share that info with me...but ya never know.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us updated on your situation...hope it is getting better for you and your family.
    When you wish upon a star...
    POR, Dixie, CBR, Poly, GF, Boardwalk, AK, CSR,WL and BC
    Grand Floridian~Nov 08

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyobabe2 View Post
    Awww, thanks for the concern. It has been a week since we did our 4th treatment and so far I've had no bites! I'm still waiting to hear back from Disney...I highly doubt if they do find anything they are going to be willing to share that info with me...but ya never know.
    whether you hear back from Disney or not, I am glad to hear that things are hopefully coming to an end at you house. Fingers and toes are crossed

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: