Quantcast Poly or WL - Best Choice for 4 year old twins

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poly or WL - Best Choice for 4 year old twins

wanted to get some feedback for our upcoming trip to Disney. We are taking our 4 year old twins for their first visit to the magic kingdom and are trying to find the best accommodations for our needs. Key for us is convenience to and from the park (particularly MK), ideally some privacy from the kids who typically go to bed much earlier than my wife and I, and a nightly rate under $500.

At the moment, we are torn between 4 options.

Standard Room at Polynesian - $345/nt (w/disney dining)
    1 bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge - $425/nt (w/disney dining)
    (2) connecting standard rooms at Wilderness Lodge - $450/nt for both (w/disney dining).
    Deluxe Room at Wilderness - $505/nt (w/disney dining).

Are there any other good options that I am missing (based on our criteria)? Given the above, which do you think would be best for young ones?

Thanks in advance,
    eric

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at the Poly and WL and love them both. Because the Poly is right by the monorail it is more convenient than the WL. I am sure you will love both places. I would go with the one bedroom so that you can put the kids down for a nap and still have a place for you to veg out I would also check to the Contemporary and see what you can come up with there.
    Have a great time.
    6/85 - Offsite
    12/86 - DI
    8/88 -1/98-5/00 DLR - Offsite
    12/91 - CR
    11/93 - FWC
    1/99 - POFQ
    9/99 - CSR
    1/02 - CB/PR
    1/03 - BCV
    12/03 - DCL/BCV
    10/04 -10/08 SSR
    5/05 - PR
    1/06 - WL
    5/06 - GC - DLR
    11/06 - POFQ
    2/07 DLH- DL
    11/07 BWV/POR
    5/08 OKW/VB

5/09 AK/VB
    10/09 GF

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Wilderness in Jan/Feb with a 7yr old and a 4 yr old. What was nice for us was the pool! It has the perfect waterslide for our kids. We got life jackets from the boat rental (for the week for free) and just hung out in the pool while they continuously went up and down the slide!

We didn't have a problem of privacy bc by the end of the day we were spent too. We all fell into bed about the same time
    First REAL trip January/February 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok -- I think i am sold on staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I really think the 2 room/area thing is priority for us. With the villas the seperate bedroom is a king so that would require us to either stay in the master when the kids go to bed or let the kids sleep on the king and the adults on the pullout which seems well...wrong.

So that leaves us with 2 options:

2 connecting standard rooms @ 450/nt OR
    1 deluxe room @ $505/nt

Is the deluxe room worth the extra $55 for the concierge services?? Any opinions/past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Default WL or POLY

Tough choice, but I think if the twins are boys, it's the WL. If girls, then the Poly. The best room mix are the two adjoining by far over the others Two baths are much better than one. Either way you really can't lose with any of what you are planning.
    Take me with you!
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

We chose the WL for our first trip to WDW this coming June with an 8 and 5 year old. They seemed very excited about the pool, the boat to Mk and the whole look of the WL. However we chose the bunk bed room. Everything I have seen or read about WL seems to be great, relaxing and pretty quiet.
    First trip to WDW June '08.

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney-

Post Thanks / Like

Eric -

I don't think that a Deluxe room has concierge services. That's just the price for the room, so maybe your decision is made for you. From the official WDW Website, the only rooms that have concierge-level services are Standard rooms (with concierge services available for an extra $160 above the Standard rate - $170 during Holiday Season), the Honeymoon Suite, and VP Suite and the Presidential Suite. If I am wrong, someone else will come along to correct me.

One more thing, adjoining rooms are not guaranteed at the WL, so it is possible (although unlikely) that you won't get adjoining rooms. I think that the only resort to guarantee adjoining rooms is Coronado Springs.

For convenience with transportation, I'd vote for the Poly. Yes, having one room isn't as private as having two rooms, but it's a great resort. They also have a 1BR suite with Concierge-level services, but it's $590 per night, which is over your budget.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Denise at Magical Journeys said that they moved the deluxe rooms to the Concierge level at WL and are included. However, I would really love to hear from anyone who can confirm this.

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Two standard rooms at the Wilderness Lodge would be my first choice (the the connectin g thing could be an issue) and then the one bedroom villa at WL would be second. With the villa you do get a full size kitchen and a washer/dryer, so that's a plus. But, since you're paying all that money it seems a shame to have to sleep on a pull out sofa or to be relegated to the bedroom when the babies go to sleep and not have access to the aforementioned kitchen. With that said, I guess I would opt for the two rooms at WL...that what I always do with my now teen sons...although connecting rooms are not an issue, it's important to have your "space" if you are going to be spending any time at the resort.

ENJOY! WL is beautiful!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the 1 bedroom at the Villas at WL. Unless you really need to have the kitchen and are noisy there is no reason that you can't be in the bedroom and have the twins sleep on the sleep sofa. I know at OKW there was a deck off the master bedroom to relax on that also opened into the living area. There are TVs in the bedroom and living areas. Another possibility is to move them from the master bedroom to the sleeper once you want to go to bed. They should be so exhausted that even if they wake up they should fall right back to sleep.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the thoughtful responses. I think we are going to go with the Deluxe Room (if available) and if not the 2 connecting rooms at the lodge. I think that staying in the lodge has more of a disney feel which i think the kids will enjoy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: