Quantcast As the Disney World Turns... Day 5 and trip home

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default As the Disney World Turns... Day 5 and trip home

Day 5 and our last day in the park
    Today is our big EPCOT day and we plan breakfast at the Fort Wilderness Campground with Jeanne. We had a breakfast ADR and meet at WL to join and catch a bus to FW. Jeanne meets us at WL and we got together to FW so it’s laughs from there to breakfast and back. The Trail’s End Breakfast buffet is really a great bargain for those not needing characters at breakfast. We finish breakfast and get to EPCOT before noon. We stop at the front topiaries for some great shots with the photopass people. As always they are great and we will have some great shots to share when we get the CD. From there we head straight to the updated Spaceship Earth. To be only fair to Bret here are Sherrie and me in 2-D (spoiler if you haven't seen SE) I really like the ending! From SE we head to the Visa photo op. There is a line but not a long one and we have a great time with Mickey and Pluto. I really thought Mickey was going to lose it :opps: After the photos and photos we head to Soarin’ and Angel insists that we take our shoes off b/c it’s sooooo much better w/o shoes and She was right… I recommend you try it! From Soarin we headed to Living with the Land then straight to the Living Seas and Nemo and Crush..(see the commando style again?? ). It’s already getting late and we have to eat at Beaches and Cream in honor of Bret.. Bret has to have the Kitchen sink.. I think he’s always wanted one. We hit Figment on our way out of FW and quickly through to the International Gateway and on to Beaches and Cream. We were so LUCKY nearly 5pm and we get a table right way. I have to try the burger b/c that’s what Bret recommends. Afterwards we split a brownie and ice cream dessert. We play around with the CM’s and head back to WS were we find this great photopass person who loved Bret.
    We skip France b/c we are too full for pastries and head to Japan because I promised my kids I would pick up some of their favorite candies there. I stockpile the candies and the sweet CM at the counter writes my name in Japanese for my birthday! That was so neat. Angel and I miss getting pearls with our dd’s and we head out as the drums are playing.
    Passing the American pavilion I have to stop to dance and sing a little with Herman’s Hermits.. I’m Henry the Eighth… and on to Italy where we have to go through the whole “scent thing” and I pick up some necklaces to match the earrings my dd’s got there last trip. A quick glance in Germany then we hit Africa and I get a new walking cane for my dad then on to China where they had some great Bonsai plants and we (still going commando here) rush off to Norway take a few shots of the garden and on to Mexico. We go into the Mexican pavilion and I still don’t remember why we didn’t get a and go to finish our shopping at the booths for the festival. While at a booth I purchase a few items and the CM hands me the phone and says there’s a phone call for me I see Sherrie and Angel at the booth I just left and wonder why they didn’t call my cell phone.. It was Goofy calling to wish me Happy Birthday!! So neat and he even said my name. We join up and watch Illuminations and then aim to finish our shopping and pick up our Disney Visa Photos… WE head out trying to soak up as much magic as possible knowing that’s it for this trip because we are leaving tomorrow.
    We get back to the room and pack…
    Going home-- April 9th:
    We plan to take it easy and just pack the car and shop before leaving. We grab a snack at the food court and head back to DTD to hit some of the stores we missed in the pouring rain. We still manage to leave loaded down with even more bags and lighter pocketbooks.
    The trip back was quick and Bret was so nice to meet us along I-12 so we didn’t have to drive down to New Orleans and Chalmette. I think he really missed Sherrie; but , he replaced her with a turtle that we named crush and who is vacationing in my pond.
    Angel drops me off about 11pm and we are so excited and she sticks around another hour telling my dd about the trip and showing photos.
    In closing I have to mention that I was a little disappointed in the F&GF. I guess I was expecting a whole lot more. I did notice that the artistry and detail of the topiaries were incredible, I was just hoping to see a lot more flowers... And Angel was the trip photographer, she has a lot more photos than me so look for her report soon!
    A great trip and we HAVE to do it again… Anyone out there want to join us???
    Last edited by MsMin; 04-16-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: changed a picture
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsMin View Post
    The Trail’s End Breakfast buffet is really a great bargain for those not needing characters at breakfast. A great trip and we HAVE to do it again… Anyone out there want to join us???
    Hmmm...........if I remember correctly there were characters there when we were there

And I'll join you next time

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet822 View Post
    Hmmm...........if I remember correctly there were characters there when we were there
    From what I hear you cant put you and Angel together.........

the turtle...........
    I would like to know where the little fella came from......
    Oh and no I dont want a Kitchen sink but you could have brought me a Burger from there.... although I did love the things you all did bring me back...........

Herman’s Hermits sherrie had me youtube them last night and they have some video from when you were there.... I would have loved to see that on video were is Angel when you need her..........

BRET/TTFN
    DVC Member 7/04 Wilderness Lodge Villas 6-08 Saratoga Springs
    Next Trip 6-16
    Disney Cruise 6-16
    Disney World tons of times

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The three of you really know how to have a good time, that's for sure! Thanks for sharing your birthday experience with us, Beth. It was really cool tagging along with you guys (oh, and of course 2-D Brett and the rest of the gang that joined you)! And - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Beth -- just finished reading all your trip reports. Sounds like you girls had a wonderful time and a great birthday.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

What a great report, Beth! I really enjoyed reading your trip report and seeing the pictures too! Thanks for sharing with us! I'm so glad you had a great time with some great friends!!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Noone was there last year and put on a great show! When we got back, I even needed to run out and buy a Herman's Hermits' CD!

You all had such a great time on this trip! Will there be another in the future?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you all had a great trip! Thanks for the reports and the pics. Can't wait to see Angel's pics.

Robyn
    I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!
    Kinda glad I missed this day...I'm exhausted just reading the report!!

Glad yall had fun!
    Carpe Diem!
    **WDW too many times to count since 1971!!**
    *Contemporary*All Star Movies, Music, Sports*Caribbean Beach*Pop Century*Wilderness Lodge*Polynesian*Port Orleans French Quarter*Beach Club*Grand Floridian*Animal Kingdom Lodge*Saratoga Springs*Yacht Club*Old Key West*Swan and Dolphin*

Post Thanks / Like

again thanx for sharing your point of view on the trip..lol..i really really enjoyed reading all about it!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed reading all about your wonderful birthday trip. The photos were awesome and I am so glad you had fun!! Thanks for sharing!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, I cannot get over how much you all got done! Sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I loved reading your reports. Thanks for sharing The pics were great too

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: