Quantcast Hosts and Hats

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Hosts and Hats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hosts and Hats

So I had just gotten off Peter Pan for the 67th time today and had collected 4 nifty Sword in the Stone pins that would undoubtedly win me a cool dragon-headed hat that would most assuredly keep my head warm for the next 18 days, when suddenly Host_Phinny came up to stand next to me at the stone. Being the gentleman that I was, I decided to forego my turn at the sword and allow our illustrious host a go at it.

Me: After you, Fin
    Me:
    Fin: (ignores me completely)

voila! using her magic pin, Host_Phinny pulls the sword from the stone and glitters all over in excitement

Me: Woot!
    Fin: Finally, after all day!
    Everyone else in the courtyard in four-part harmony: We love you Finny! Can we take a picture?

So here's what I was thinking: first I thought, "Dang it! That sword was due to come out, and I let Finny have my dragon hat!" But then after I got back in line for Peter Pan #68, I started to wonder: what is Finny going to do with that hat? Why would a red-ears-adorned host torture herself with a day of lag-encumbered dark rides to win a hat that she could never wear, and that would clash with her outfit anyway? (btw, I now know why they're called "dark" rides; because they're evil, I tell you! Evil!!)

I've long had a theory that the hosts also have mules so they can occasionally enjoy VMK sans paparazzi. This would explain why she might find the hat useful. But I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks. Have you ever seen a host in anything other than host ears? Or do you think she simply wanted the hat so she could bestow it upon some unlucky sap as a reward for going on that blasted ride over and over and over without even a sniff of success??? (I can only pray...)

Please enlighten me.

And have a magical day,
    There, I said it, and I aint gonna edit.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    LittleDragonErin Guest

The staff do have play characters, but can't really "gift" themselves items, either created or traded. They also can't just create items for themselves. They are only allowed to get items that management gives the okay for. Otherwise they have to get it the way all the regular players do. That's why you'll see some players "gifting" inferno or such to them. And occassionally, between events, hosts hang out in rooms to have fun too. And although it only lasts for a second, I have seen them change clothes for fun.

Post Thanks / Like

They also get the satisfaction in getting the items the way that we have to get them and the way they were intended for.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Funny story! I do agree with the same reason you have for why hosts have mules. I'd want to escape the paparazzi sometimes, too.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Great thoughts. I agree that the Hosts probably do have mules to escape the swarm of kids on occasion, someone they can walk around the kingdom with and not have to worry about whether or not there's enough oxygen to breathe. I have seen several of the Hosts riding the dark rides when new prizes have been announced and pondered this myself. I pretty much just figured it was either something to have for a fun quick change in a room full of friends, although I did read somewhere that it is against the rules for them to be without their highly sought after red ears. Or it's an item they planned to gift to some lucky player in the Host games they have. Or they just enjoy succumbing themselves to the lag and dc's that the wretched Dark Rides have to offer. Anyway, interesting post. Can't wait to hear others thoughts on this one.
    These three things will continue forever: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: