Quantcast Yankees-Red Sox Rivalry Leads to Murder

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yankees-Red Sox Rivalry Leads to Murder

Yankees-Red Sox Rivalry Leads to Murder in New Hampshire, Prosecutors Say

Monday, May 05, 2008
    Associated Press

NASHUA, N.H. — Witnesses say a Red Sox-Yankees argument in a bar led to taunting in the parking lot and then, according to prosecutors, to murder.

On Sunday, prosecutors charged Ivonne Hernandez of Nashua with reckless second-degree murder for allegedly running down two people with her car outside the bar early Friday. Hernandez was scheduled for a preliminary hearing Monday in Nashua District Court.

Whether she had a lawyer could not immediately be determined.

Matthew Beaudoin, 29, also of Nashua, suffered serious head and brain injuries and died later Friday.

An argument in Slade's Food & Spirits intensified early Friday when Hernandez, 43, announced she was a Yankees fan, said Tanya Moran, a bartender who was there. Moran said the argument spilled outside, and at least one person in a group that included Beaudoin began chanting "Yankees s***!" when they saw a Yankees sticker on Hernandez's car.

Hernandez allegedly gunned her car in the parking lot and struck Beaudoin and friend Maria Hughes, 21. Beaudoin's sister Faith Beaudoin said was Hughes had only minor injuries because Beaudoin shielded his friend.

Nashua, 45 miles northwest of Boston, is Boston Red Sox country.

Moran said Beaudoin came to the bar regularly to socialize, sing karaoke and have fun.

"He came to hang out. He didn't really drink much," she told The Telegraph of Nashua.

Beaudoin "kept to himself," Slade's disc jockey Chris Lovett told the New Hampshire Union Leader. "He wasn't an instigator."

Faith Beaudoin said her brother was a 1997 graduate of Nashua High School who worked dealing poker at Sharky's in Manchester and Nashua. She said organs including his heart, live and kidneys were donated to others.

"He was always helping people when he was alive, and he's still saving lives," she said, choking back tears during the weekend.
    Jeff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a sad, terrible shame. I'm so sorry for Matthew Beaudoin's friends and family. I'm a Red Sox fan who is good friends with some Yankees' fans. We tease each other a bit, but we all get along.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Sports rivalries are supposed to be fun and bring an added edge to the games but people take them way too far sometimes - this one goes way beyond the line. How terrible for that young man's family. I hope that by donating his organs, they can find some peace in knowing they have helped others who would have also lost their lives.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

How tragic. Being a die hard Red Sox fan with Yankee friends (and living in NY w/Sox license plates); I can't believe that this person took the rivalry this far. Senseless and my prayers go out to his family.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

What a terrible story.

We are a family of Yankee fans, my BIL and his family are all Red Sox fans. We have such a great time with light teasing and joking. I can't imagine something as senseless as this.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad indeed

But it does make me wonder if there is more to the story did the person feel threaten and that caused her to gun the car? I'm not saying it was right or not a tragedy but it just doesn't seem to add up.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

very very sad for red sox nation.

jpl. threatened or not there is no reason to gun a car at a crowd of people. especially over an argument of sports teams. It doesnt add up because it is just senseless and stupid.
    Swan x 1, Dolphin x 1, Carribbean Beach x 1, BWV x 9, OKW x 5, WLV x 2, BCV x 2, Cruise x 3
    Next Up!: AULANI! July 2012

DVC Member since 97

It all started with a mouse...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Very sad indeed

But it does make me wonder if there is more to the story did the person feel threaten and that caused her to gun the car? I'm not saying it was right or not a tragedy but it just doesn't seem to add up.
    I agree. My years of experience dealing with crimes and those involved with them have shown me that the stories in the paper or on the TV are usually far from complete. I would suspect there is more to the story here than what is in the article.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

This was a terrible tragedy!!

We were still on vacation when it happened, but it's been all over the news since. Matthew's obituary was in the paper yesterday.

A friend of mine knows one of the police officers that was at the scene, and I guess he was in such bad shape that he was unrecognizable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyandTink View Post
    I agree. My years of experience dealing with crimes and those involved with them have shown me that the stories in the paper or on the TV are usually far from complete. I would suspect there is more to the story here than what is in the article.
    The driver was intoxicated. She said she just meant to scare them and lost control, probably due to her level of intoxication. From the reports I've read, the man who was killed was not an instigator or in with the group chanting at the woman, who was not threatened just angry and drunk. It's a sad shame and she shouldn't have been behind the wheel.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinksPixieDust View Post
    jpl. threatened or not there is no reason to gun a car at a crowd of people. especially over an argument of sports teams. It doesnt add up because it is just senseless and stupid.

Well since the story came out saying she was drunk and just trying to scare them we know more about the story.
    The point I was trying to make is if they were surrounding her car or throwing things at her car she may have felt threatened and got scared and reacted. You would be surprised at some of things I have witnessed at sporting events and sports bars over a rivalry especially when drunk people are involved.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: