Quantcast Most Magical Anniversary Trip - Day One - 4/29/08

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Magical Anniversary Trip - Day One - 4/29/08

WELCOME!

Stacey and Matt's Most Magical Anniversary Trip - Day One

Pre Trip Report
    http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=131596

April 29th

Woke up after a terrible night’s sleep. I think we ended up going to bed at 11:30 in Chicago at our hotel and due to my MIL’s snoring… never slept. The alarm went off at 3:30 a.m and at that point I had maybe got 30 minute sleep. I’m not kidding. I laid there all night just trying to block the sound out. My iPod couldn’t even do the trick. I felt very sick about an hour before our wake up time and ended up crying because I didn’t feel good and I just wanted to sleep. DH had a tough time sleeping too since I was so restless and we ended up giggling most of the night. Laughing at the way my MIL and FIL snored.

The in laws drove us to the airport which was about 15 minutes away from our Super 8 Motel. Not a great place to stay but it was a bed to sleep, er, not sleep on.
    I had already checked in online so all we had to do was check our luggage. That went great as well. I still did not feel well but as soon as we went through security we hit McDonalds so I could get a side order of eggs. Mmmm… I was really looking forward to eating Disney food at that point.

The flight went great! Southwest was wonderful. I really was hoping that I wasn’t getting sick at that point. I mean… I was on my way to DISNEYWORLD! Who wants to be sick there?

DME was easy as well. No lines at all! Super quick. We waited about 15 minutes to get a DME bus. People from AKL and CSR also boarded with us 2 Pop Century families. We were originally told that AKL and CSR would be dropped off before us but when we saw the bus head toward a “Pop” sign we got really excited knowing that we didn’t have to wait any longer to get into our room.

No wait at check in as well. It was about 12:00 p.m. at that point. Once we got into our room (80’s section, pool view) we basically changed into shorts and headed for MK.

So far the Pop busses have been great with only one exception. 2 of each bus came through while we waited for Epcot for almost 20 minutes. Strange…

MK was wonderful. We got there and Matt wanted to hit Pirates first… so, we did. The wait said 20 minutes so we decided to ride. The wait ended up being about 5-10 minutes. No joke! Sadly, the waterfall effect was not working and that was Matt’s favorite part! I then promised him that we would do it again on another day so he could see Davy Jones. Then, we grabbed our first Disney CS meal at Columbia Harbor House. So good! We got one fish basket with fries and split it along with a bottle of water. I was impressed with how much fish was actually inside of the breading. Nice! 

Haunted Mansion wait time was 30 minutes but looked like it was moving so we entered. The wait was about 10 minutes. Haha. Looks like they want to make people think that the lines are much longer than they really are! We loved the updates to HM. The staircase room was AMAZING! I won’t say more since many of your probably haven’t seen it yet. There wasn’t anything that I can say that I missed the old way. It looks wonderful!

We walked over to Tomorrowland and rode Space Mountain since the wait said only 30 minutes. HA! Try 15 minutes. In line we were entertained by two high school girls hitting on some guy from Ireland. Haha. Guess you just had to be there.

Buzz was waiting for us because we only waited about 5 minutes total to see him!! I hit 100,000 right away! I don’t even know how! I was so happy. For the rest of the attraction I only got about 8000, though. Haha. DH did well without getting a 100,000 pointer. I still say that he beat me all around since I think my score was out of pure luck.

Left MK after that to head back to Pop to see if our luggage got to our rooms. Luckily, it was so we freshened up a bit and then headed for Epcot to then walk all over to Beach Club for dinner. That’s when we had the bus issue with one not coming until the last minute. By the time we got off of the bus we had to HAUL to even make it. We made it about 10 minutes before our reservation time but our feet really hurt and we ended up paying for it. Our heels were in such pain that night. Loved dinner at Cape May Café (as always). We walked the beach and I grabbed Matt’s hand to lie next to each other on a few lounge chairs. We talked about how someday we want to live in Orlando and be a part of the magic. It’s just the place for us.

Epcot was nice but it was very busy as I assumed it would be judging by the fact that it was a Tuesday. We just roamed around the World Showcase and went on the new Mexico attraction that we skipped on our honeymoon. It was different. That’s all I can say. While the updates seem to be bright and new… the Three Caballeros thing is just odd and doesn’t fit. I don’t understand the purpose to that at all.
    DH and I decided to head back to our resort and get unpacked and ready for Wednesday. Getting there and watching all of the people in the pool made us want to join in on the fun. So, we did! At about 9:30 p.m. The pool was so warm and we loved being inside of it even though it was barely 80 outside. Got out after about a half hour and dried off then went to Everything Pop and got some chips. We crashed in our room at about 11:00 p.m. and I began to type this very trip report. Tomorrow shall be a great day because its DHS day!
    We are going to preview Toy Story Mania for the promo videos! SO EXCITED! I’ll let you know how it goes later!

Until next time…

Link to DAY ONE pictures
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...il%2029th/
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Oh Stacey, I've been waiting for the return trip as I so enjoyed your honeymoon report and pictures. Thanks for sharing!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I know that feeling when you're just SO exhausted . . . I hope that passed and doesn't come back.

What a great day - A little MK, a little Epcot - capped off with a swim. Thanks for sharing - looking forward to reading more! Great pics - you guys are too cute!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! What a great start!! I would have been so bummed about not being able to sleep due to the snoring, but let's face it...I probably would not have been able to sleep the night before flying to WDW anyway!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report and the pictures.
    Epcot sure looks great with the Flower and Garden celebrations going on.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes!! I remember your last reports. You two are just like my wife and I. Hope you guys have a GREAT time!! Looking forward to all of the reports. Have fun, be safe!

Post Thanks / Like

How fun! I feel like I'm there right along with you!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Great report!!! DW is always a little sick the night before we leave from the excitement.
    We really enjoyed the pictures. You remind us sooo much of our DD (19) in looks and personality. We hope she finds someone as special as Matt seems to be.
    Happy Anniversary!!!
    1990 & 1993 Off Property
    1994 & 1997 Carribean Beach Resort
    2001 Fort wildernes Cabins
    2005 House Off Property
    2006 All star Movies ( 20th anniversary no children allowed)
    2006 Pop Century (guilt trip children allowed)
    2007 Carribean Beach Resort ( DH and DW only)
    2008 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Despite the sleepness night, you're off to a great Disney beginning!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great report; feel like I'm there with all the excitement!
    Kim
    1st Trip - 1986 - Howard Johnsons in DTD for our honeymoon
    2nd Trip - Sept, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge for our anniversary w/2 sons 7 & 9
    3rd Trip - Sept, 2008 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on the Mexico ride. Don't quite get it. But, that HM staircase scene was amazing, wasn't it? I liked the new changes there!

Great report! Can't wait to read more!
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I love the first day of a Disney vacation... all that fun ahead of you!! The pictures of you and Matt on the beach are wonderful. Thanks for helping me picture being there myself as my countdown to FL is somewhere around 450 days!

Looking forward to more!
    Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Great first day. Sorry you started out feeling bad. Looks like once you touched down in Orlando, everything was great. Loved your pictures. You guys are so cute together. Can't wait for your other reports.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry you didn't get much sleep. Glad everything else made up for it! On to read more! Thanks for sharing!!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Despite the rough start, it sounds like you both had a fantastic start to your anniversary trip.
    Great photos too! Thanks for sharing your first day with us.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

sooo sorry that you couldnt get to sleep with all the snoring!!..
    sounds like a great travel day and first day in the parks!!
    cant wait to hear about the rest of the trip!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Your pics are great!! Thanks for sharing...very cute couple!!!
    Deb
    2012 Jan ALSM
    2011 July POFQ
    2010 July POR
    2009-Oct 3 days POFQ
    2009-June POFQ
    2008-Aug OKW
    2007-June WL
    2007-Jan POFQ
    2006-July Polynesian
    2005-June OKW
    2004-July BCV
    2004-Jan off site
    2003-July FWC
    2003-Dec/Jan CS
    2002-June OKW
    2000-July POFQ
    1999-July OKW
    1998-July OKW
    Have a Disney Day!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Other then the sleepless night, I am glad that everything is going well to start! I can't wait to read more, I really enjoy your reports!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: