Quantcast Weather in June?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weather in June?

Hi!

Just wondering what to expect, weather-wise, in June? Obviously, it will be HOT and HUMID but I just looked at the forcast and it says there is a 60% chance of rain the day we're planning on being at MK. Typically, this time of year, do the storms pass quickly? Any great "tips" for 'weathering the storm' (pun sort of intended! lol) with two small children? (I'm thinking ponchos!)

Thanks in advance!
    Tonya

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is sooo hot and humid in June. Make sure you have hats and a shade-covered stroller for small children, they wilt fast in June Florida heat. Constant hydration for thme is a must too. Try avoicing the middle of the day whne it is the most brutal. I went in the first week fo June two years ago and when it rained it was a passing few showers.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the time its just thundershowers blowing through...with the whole event from blessed cloud cover, to refreshing breeze, to gentle rain, to torrential downpour, to bright rays of sunshine, to stifling sauna effect...all taking place within an hours time....and then perhaps repeating itself again before the day is done.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We just got home last night. There was a 40% chance of thunder showers on both Monday and Tuesday night. It down poured both nights. We were at Epcot on Monday and it stopped after awhile. We were able to see Illuminations.
    Tuesday it started to rain a little earlier, in the late afternoon. That storm lasted quite awhile and was a downpour the whole time. We actually gave up and went back to the room from Studios. Of course, once we got there the rain stopped.
    We usually do not mind rain and just wear our ponchos but, this was pretty hard rain. Most people left the parks.
    The days were very sunny, hot and humid. The only time the heat bothered us was when we had to wait in line in the sun. Yesterday comes to mind when we were watiting to be let into the Beauty and the Beast show at Studios. It was pretty brutal.
    HTH
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just there as well. It was sooooo hot and humid! It was in the mid 90's. We didn't want to walk around the parks in the afternoons during the high heat, so we went back to the resort to swim most days. On Monday AK had late EMH's, so we didn't even go into the park until 5:00pm and then stayed until 11:00pm. There was a quick shower that evening, but it blew through fast and then the temperature really cooled down after that. On Tuesday, I was there for the same storm Sean Riley Taylor's Mom just mentioned, only we were at Epcot. The rain was coming down pretty hard, and the lightning was kind of scary, but it did stop shortly before Illuminations, and we were able to see that. On Wednesday morning when we left, it was already starting to heat up, and we were sweating profusely while taking our belongings to our car. So I would say that typical June weather is very hot and humid with the occasional pop up thunder showers.
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

From what I remember from my June trip; almost every day, a 2pm rain storm then another storm around 9pm. That year we were at the MK and lightning was crashing all around us(we stood under a food vendors cart umberella, very scary). We heard the next day that a giraffe at AK was struck and killed by one of those bolts of lightning.
    I won the "Name the crocodile" contest.
    Anyone want a slightly used Pygmy war canoe?

1984 WDW-first trip
    1998 DLR
    July 2003 CBR
    Nov 2004 POP Century
    2005 DLR- Paradise Pier
    2009/2010 DLR- Halloween Party
    April 2011 - BW Park Place
    October 25, 2011 Halloween Party
    Sept 17-27 POR-RGR

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your replies! I have to admit, I'm not sure how anxious I am to leave the lovely 80 degree Colorado weather to be out there in the middle of June! LOL But it' will be worth it I'm sure!

Now, we just have to decide if it's better to go in the morning or afternoon! We always go first thing in the morning (my IL's live in Orlando so we dont' stay OP) but afternoon may be a little kinder, weather-wise!

Quote Originally Posted by teamblackwell View Post
    We heard the next day that a giraffe at AK was struck and killed by one of those bolts of lightning.
    That's awful. How sad.
    Tonya

Post Thanks / Like

Being from Texas, the heat in June has never really bothered me, but you will need to be mindful of it.

Drink LOTS of water. (Not sodas, WATER) and stay away from caffeine.

When you can sit in the shade, do so (if only for five minutes or so).

Take it slow and easy.

Know where the A/C is!!!!!

If you start to get dizzy or nauseated, take a break right away.

The thunder storms usually blow through very quickly and violently at about 2:00-3:30.

I hope this helps!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know where you're from. If you're from the east or south, you'll be used to the humidity. If you from out west, you will suffer. And if is says 60% chance of rain, that normally means it will rain 60% of the day. That was my expereince in June.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyajo View Post

Now, we just have to decide if it's better to go in the morning or afternoon! We always go first thing in the morning (my IL's live in Orlando so we dont' stay OP) but afternoon may be a little kinder, weather-wise!
    This is just my suggestion but, I would still try to go in the morning. The crowds picked up considerably while we were there this week in the afternoons. We were able to ride a lot of rides before noon with little to no waits. But, by 1pm there were larger wait times and more people in the parks.

Have a great time!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Charleston, SC- 395.4 miles/6 hrs. & 15 min. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Riley Taylor's Mom View Post
    This is just my suggestion but, I would still try to go in the morning. The crowds picked up considerably while we were there this week in the afternoons. We were able to ride a lot of rides before noon with little to no waits. But, by 1pm there were larger wait times and more people in the parks.

Have a great time!!
    I agree 100%. While the mornings are hot, the afternoons are even hotter and are a great time to swim in the pool! We did EMH a couple of mornings that we were there and accomplished a lot in just that one hour allowing us to take that relaxing afternoon break.
    Tara °O°

AP holder since '03 and DVC owner since '08

Next Up:
    April '10--DH, DS11, and me--Spring break/Saratoga Springs Resort/ Flower and Garden Festival

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    And if is says 60% chance of rain, that normally means it will rain 60% of the day. That was my expereince in June.
    A 60% chance of rain seems to mean that 60% of central Florida will get rain and the rest won't. When the parks were getting those downpours this week, we (who live 20 miles away) didn't get a drop. Yesterday afternoon we didn't get any rain at the parks, but got rain at home. Daily afternoon storms are the pattern in the summer, but most storms pass fairly quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink rainy days

Knowing Disney it will be hot and humid in june! If you have any packs where you can put around your waist and carry waterbottles in and sunglasses and stuff like that i would put one or two ponchos in there for each person! The storms usually pass quickly, but sometimes it may be a couple hours! I think it is a good idea to take ponchos to the park that day!
    First trip before I was three! DVC member! Have been to Disneyworld 9 times! Disneyland once.Went on the Disney Wonder( the cruise)! Went to disney with the marching band so technically it's 10 times ;) Love disney! Disney rocks!

Post Thanks / Like

Rain/storms can be very sporadic...sometimes, it will even rain in one park, but not another. Good thing is summer rains usually don't last that long...most times around an hour or so.

I'll also echo the opinions on going earlier in the day versus later. From my experiences, most of the rain/storms start in the afternoon. And, the heat is at it's worst from around 2-5pm. Another vote for heading back to the hotel for an afternoon nap & swim, and then head back for the evening.

Oh, and Dole Whip floats taste especially wonderful on those hot & humid days.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I was there in late May/early June last year, it wasnt too bad humidity wise but there was a tropical storm that affected our night plans, that was it
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member