Quantcast Top 10 Things Overheard in the parks. - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alilprincessmom99 View Post
    I overheard a woman telling a male in her group about "underground" Disney. It was hilarious because she was saying that is where the cast members lived, and they had a hospital and a police department and everything a small city has. I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing out loud!

That is icredibly funny!!
    șOș KATHY, addicted since 1989 șOș

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    "What time is the three o'clock parade?" is one of my all time favorites
    Can't tell you how many times I've heard this one.

** How long is the wait? -- This one cracks me up-- as they are standing under the sign that says 20 minutes wait...
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time." Walt Disney

Anniversary trip Oct 2017

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago while on the Liberty Belle first thing in the morning, I overheard a woman ask her husband in awe "Is that REAL?" as she watched a gator swim alongside. Her husband said "Of course not, this is Disney!" The funny thing was that it WAS real. We told the guy at the dock when the ride was over and he said he would notify animal control.
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I have one sad anecdote and one funny one. Sad: Once heard a father say to his son (who was perhaps 5 years old) at the doombuggy loading section in the Haunted Mansion, , "If you're not MAN enough to go on this ride, then you're not man enough to play beginning soccer in the fall!" Funny: There was a young child being cantankerous in front of me in the boat on "Pirates Of The Caribbean." His nasty behavior was starting to get out of hand as we approached the scene where the mayor is being dunked in the well. The father turned to the boy and said, "If you don't straighten up right this minute, I'm going to let the Pirates dunk you in the well!" And the funny thing was the kid shut right up!

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago, my parents and sister and I were in line for Peter Pan. There was an elderly couple ahead of us, and a young couple with two small children, just ahead of the elderly couple. The baby in front was fussing, and the 3 year old-ish boy was loudly getting overheated and impatient. The old man in front of me turned to his wife and whispered "Imagine, bringing kids to a place like this..."
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh.. so many good ones so far!

My contribution:

We were in disney last New Years Eve (2006-2007).. As you might imagine.. ridiculously crowded.. rides shutting down left and right.. everyone had hats and kazoo's (that you heard everywhere...) .. complete pandamonium... we kept getting in line for rides and having them shut down

we were waiting on space mountain for awhile.. this was around 7 at night.. everyone was tired... we had been up since 5 am.. everyone around us in line looked tired....

this one family was in line in front of us.. two little kids bouncing around.. looked like they still had a fair amount of energy.. they were like.. "mom, mom, what ride are we doing next?"... and the mom said "were just going to sit down on main street and wait for the parade.. cause your mom is tired"

At that moment.. thats exactly how we felt too..
    Upcoming Trips:
    September 17-26, 2009: Bouncing Back for Free Dining at POFQ

Past Disney Trips:
    February 24-March 3, 2007: Coronado Springs
    September 25- October 4, 2008: POFQ Water View, Dolphins in Depth Tour

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I heard one that made me LOL! (weary mother in a long line for Splash Mountain, speaking to an incessentatly chattering little girl) "Honey, could you please stop talking for a bit? Momma's head is full of words, and I need to let some of them drain away..."

Post Thanks / Like

Just last week, we were on the bus going who knows where, and I struck up a conversation with a woman from GA. talking about their son's first visit. Then somehow or another the fact that we were DVC members came up. She proceeded to tell me about the "permanent residence condos" they were building and now selling at CR and how she was thinking of moving there, but all of her friends would want to come and bring their children to visit. I just replied with "really, I didn't know that. That's interesting to hear." She was so assured and full of information that to correct her at that time would have taken more time that our bus ride would have aloted.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, but wouldn't that be nice? ;-) A friend of my little daughter's once told her that she was moving to Disney World. To live. Forever. Really. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    Just last week, we were on the bus going who knows where, and I struck up a conversation with a woman from GA. talking about their son's first visit. Then somehow or another the fact that we were DVC members came up. She proceeded to tell me about the "permanent residence condos" they were building and now selling at CR and how she was thinking of moving there, but all of her friends would want to come and bring their children to visit. I just replied with "really, I didn't know that. That's interesting to hear." She was so assured and full of information that to correct her at that time would have taken more time that our bus ride would have aloted.

Post Thanks / Like

At the MK two weeks ago, after leaving the HM stretch room, a teenaged son asked his mother whether the walls had stretched or the room was an elevator. Mother said, "Neither. Nothing in the room moves. It's all just an optical illusion."

Also two weeks ago, while we were relaxing on a bench at Epcot's WS, a little brown pod from the tree above us fell onto the sidewalk several feet front of us. The shape, size and color of the pod made it look very much like a "dropping" from a small dog. For 15 minutes, we watched people walking by stare at the pod, avoid it, swerve strollers and wheelchairs around it, jump over it, stop and bend over to examine it with disgusted looks, etc. One woman asked her husband, "I wonder what that is?" He stated very matter-of-factly, "It looks like a poop." Finally a 12-13-year-old boy picked it up, smelled it, and then, looking disappointed that it wasn't anything disgusting, threw it on the grass. I was crying from laughing so hard.
    șOș April șOș

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

"Be happy, we are in Disneyland."

I hear this one way to often.
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

My mom and I were in the bakery in France and there was a family in front of us. The father was being silly and embarssing his kids. He was reading off the names of the pastries in a french accent and he said "Hey look! Pain au chocolate! You kids want some chocolate pain?" He was cracking himself up and that was making it even funnier.

Another time my parents, my brother, and I were waiting on line for a water slide in Typhoon Lagoon. The line was pretty long and there was a woman behind us with her son who she was trying to talk into skipping the slide. She kept saying "Are you sure Tommy?" "The line is really long Tommy." "Are you sure you want to ride this Tommy?" So my dad goes "Well, Tommy's mom talked me out of this one" and we got off the line with Tommy and his mom in front of us and a couple families laughing at my dad. I was mortified!

Joy

Post Thanks / Like

We got a good laugh during our plane trip home from WDW one year. The plane was extremely quiet. (Everyone was worn out from their Disney vacation.) When all of a sudden a little boy jumps up from his seat holding himself, and screams at the top of his lungs "I have to P-I-E, pee!"

Even to this day, if we notice someone heading for the restroom, we say..."Do you need to go P-I-E?"
    Multiple wonderful trips; Next June 2012
    "All it takes is faith and trust...and just a little bit of pixie dust."

Post Thanks / Like

1) Guy on monorail explaining to his pals that he's pretty sure there is a pub in that building--Space Mountain
    2) Cute little British boy standing as tall as possible while they measure him for Thunder Mtn. As the CM gives him a big thumbs up he turns and asks his "Mum" very quietly "Am I too big?"
    3) But sometimes it's just the bottom line ones that make me laugh the most. Another little guy, looked to be about 3 yrs old, bouncing around in his stroller excited about who-knows-what and saying "Mommy Look, Mommy Look, Mommy Look" Mommy finally turns to him and says "That's nice Eric, now SHUT UP!" Ah yes-- the happiest place on earth.

Post Thanks / Like

I think over the years I've overheard the most amusing comments in WS with people making completely inadvertantly offensive comments:

"Why are there two Chinas?"
    "Mummy, does everyone in Mexico live in a pyramid?"

Although I must confess to a little of this myself last trip when I spent what seemed like an eternity trying to explain to my then-GF why there was a Christmas shop in Germany "When it's not Christmas".

I've also seen a (British obviously) kid claim that "That Winnie the Pooh can't be real because Winnie the Pooh lives in England". I wasn't sure whether to dismiss this as precocious or praise it as traditionalist. Fortunately his quick-minded parent was savvy enough to briskly reply "He's on holiday too, love."
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thejens View Post
    Um, that was my mother you saw speeding through the park. She was trying to escape the cast member chasing her after the earlier pedestrian incident.
    ROTFL!! I can picture that happening, though...some of those crazy seniors on wheels....;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    Oh, I heard one that made me LOL! (weary mother in a long line for Splash Mountain, speaking to an incessentatly chattering little girl) "Honey, could you please stop talking for a bit? Momma's head is full of words, and I need to let some of them drain away..."
    That is too funny. That would be me with my youngest DD6. I don't think that child ever hushes.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Just last night I was talking to a guest about Tinkerbell flying during the fireworks and the little girl (about 5yrs old) tells me that she was really surprised at how big Tinkerbell was. She held up her fingers and said "I thought she was this big but (holding up her arms taller than herself) she's really this big. Cute
    01/08- Ft Wilderness
    02/07 - PO Riverside
    12/06 - Pop
    10/06 - Pop
    10/05 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    03/05 - POP
    04/04 - ASM/Ft. Wilderness Cabins
    12/04 - PO Riverside
    08/02 - Coronado Springs
    08/01 - Boardwalk Villas
    03/99 - Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default greatest quote ever.

This is the greatest quote ever...

4. " Daddy why is Jungle Cruise closed? Because you weren't good in the car. ~ Dad at daughter in Adventureland.

HA HA HA HA HA
    Education Instructor - Disney's Animal Kingdom <br /><br />Call (407)WDW-TOUR to book your "Wild by Design" or "Backstage Safari" Education Program at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Post Thanks / Like

I love this post how fun!! However I have to say you might have run into me saying something close to, "No whining, no frowning, we're in Disney the happiest freakin place on earth". I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who has felt that before.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: