Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
Maybe they will be one of the only ones who manage to keep quality up after outsourcing. The record is not actually very good when it comes to that. Having been on the inside at a company that outsourced, quality was driven down prior to the outsourcing in order to make the claim that there was no decrease in quality. I won't get into details, but I saw plenty of consultants work on outsourcing initiatives over the years and reduction in quality is standard operating procedure when outsourcing any significant process.
Of course there's always the possibility of outsourcing and not keeping tabs on the quality of that outsourcing. However, there are a couple of things-

First, I don't think Disney is going to outsource any critical element of their Theme Parks and Resorts. Many of their attractions and/or resorts are the collaborative works of both Disney and outside contractors (construction, Mission Space, Expedition Everest, Rock'n'Roller Coaster) - they don't necessarily design and construct every element of their parks.

Secondly, I think Disney, known for its quality standards when compared to any other family resort destination, will be extremely wise to keep tabs and place strict requirements on any outsourced jobs or tasks. They're not going to let what happened in your example happen to a company who's very success lies in its high standards.